Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

43 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Expensive mistake. Very. Young and dumb is no great excuse but that’s what this boils down to imo. Time will tell if he grows up learns from this and has no further issues. I’m not so holier than though I’ve done it when I was young and dumb too. I just didn’t have millions in the bank at the time. It probably wouldn’t have made any difference money doesn’t buy maturity. This is a cautionary tale if you go out to party plan ahead bring a designated driver and don’t assume you will make great decisions after drinking when you’re already impaired. Period. 

This ^^^

I’m no angel, and have had a run in with the law as a youngster, and I turned out to be a decent human being, and Ed likely will as well.  I have no qualms with youngsters smoking pot , drinking etc, It is that when one is older, one has the benefit of life experience/hind sight to be able to say some old guy adages about youth being wasted on the young... when you’re young you haven’t lived long enough to make good decisions all the time, it is just the truth of how life works. When I was  young I had a high tolerance for risk, so I broke a variety of laws and had a damn good time doing it, I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, joined the Marine Corp, etc etc,  when I look back at the things I involved myself in, I’m lucky I’m still alive... Ed will have a similar moment when he is an old fart too.  This is no big deal in all reality, we are only upset because it sticks a pin in our football bubble. I’m gonna get a beer and go down the YouTube rabbit hole, see you all later, ??

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ok, so the guy had a lapse in judgement and no doubt he regrets his actions right about now.

But some people are talking about him missing a bunch of games because of something he did in the off season a long way from an NFL stadium.

Myles Garrett used a helmet to assault a player NOT wearing a helmet - an offence which is considerably worse than Ed's. And yet he only missed, what - 6 games??

If he misses more than two games he can consider himself hard done by IMO.

3 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I’m not sure what I find more amusing. The extent that you are going to in order to excuse Ed’s behavior, or the irony of your avatar!

I am not excusing it. He was dumb enough to have some beers and another in the car. Just trying to provide some color on what it’s like to drive a trailer through construction. Also to give some insight into how quick people are to call and report any trailer driving. 

Again, I’ve had calls while towing a non DOT load for just being in the left lane and passing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Ok, so the guy had a lapse in judgement and no doubt he regrets his actions right about now.

But some people are talking about him missing a bunch of games because of something he did in the off season a long way from an NFL stadium.

Myles Garrett used a helmet to assault a player NOT wearing a helmet - an offence which is considerably worse than Ed's. And yet he only missed, what - 6 games??

If he misses more than two games he can consider himself hard done by IMO.

Garrett should never play again. NFl let greed dictate that move.

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 hours ago, Mango said:

There is a strong possibility that since this was reported in a construction zone that he wasn’t uncontrollably swerving, rather trying to stay away from the medians/no shoulder. 

I used to drive about 45k trailer miles per year. Although a much bigger load. I’ve done a couple cross country trips with it as well. 40 foot open trailer, 60 foot load (over hang), 13 feet high, with a pick up. I used to swap lanes all the time at night if there wasn’t much traffic and their was no shoulder. It’s not the greatest to navigate. 

You would also  be surprised at what people will call you in on when you’re towing. I have had two calls to my employer, which they would had to google because our number wasn’t on the truck. Both just for just being in the right lane. I would be going 80 plus not holding up traffic at all. 

That’s all understood, but did you have an open beer and a firearm with you?

I’m happy to wait for the facts to come out but we are all just spitballing based on our own experiences. Let the kid have his day in court. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

everyone focused on the Gun is a little silly to me. 

let’s take out the dumb decision of driving impaired (allegedly). 

he get pulled over for a traffic infraction. Gun Un registered. Guess what gets charged?  NOTHING. 

Hey, while we're at it let's pretend this whole thing never happened.  Unfortunately it did, and there will be consequences. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

That’s all understood, but did you have an open beer and a firearm with you?

I’m happy to wait for the facts to come out but we are all just spitballing based on our own experiences. Let the kid have his day in court. 

Open container laws aren’t terribly strict in that they’re a misdemeanor not a moving violation and can be expunged. 

There is an as equal of a chance that this was just unfortunate and he is a dumb dumb. Not just that he was smashed and driving all over the road as a bunch of posters seem to be suggesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

So let's all just declare him innocent. 

Look, kids make mistakes. We all have made mistakes. This kid was driving drunk with a gun. Ask yourself how much you would care about him if he wasn't a very promising young player on our favorite team. 

I'll take your answer off the air.

No, lets declare him guilty because  the internet told me so! 

Cue Richard Jewell and the Duke kids..

or for that matter lets talk about Arnaud Arbery and what the internet made of his guilt or innocence.

And  please for the love of god show me where it has been proven he was driving drunk with a gun.

55 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I will only speak about NY but if you refuse the breath test it just means you’re getting another ticket if arrested for DWI. The breath test is also the last thing we do during sobriety testing and is not necessary to arrest someone for DWI. No need for a warrant if you refuse, it will just be indicated that you refused and I will list all the other test results showing you were under the influence.

I will 100% always, always, always, refuse a breath test. And it someone tried to take blood out of my body without my consent they will nedd to knock me out, i would never, ever , never submit to that ...

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Hey, while we're at it let's pretend this whole thing never happened.  Unfortunately it did, and there will be consequences. 

Yep he did and Yep there will the Fine for wet Reckless is 200 bucks. Likely will tack some community service to that. And then the 162k in game checks once the 2 game DWI hits. 

Just now, Mango said:

Open container laws aren’t terribly strict in that they’re a misdemeanor not a moving violation and can be expunged. 

There is an as equal of a chance that this was just unfortunate and he is a dumb dumb. Not just that he was smashed and driving all over the road as a bunch of posters seem to be suggesting. 

That was my point: whoever I responded to said hauling a trailer makes you swerve some...I agree! All the more reason to NOT have a beer in between you legs! ? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I guess that makes a certain amount of sense the longer it takes them to test you the more of it you'll of processed, but I would think being uncooperative wouldn't look great in front of the judge if you get nailed anyway.

It can help, or hurt. He blew slightly higher when they got him to the station. It takes time after ingestion for your BAC to be reflected with a blow test. Regardless, I am FAR more cautious than I have been in the rest of my adult life. Have a couple glasses of wine out at dinner, get rear ended on the way home. Not your fault, but the cops arrive and ask “where have you been? Anything to drink with dinner?”  I don’t trust the process enough to open that door. 

I see both sides of this. Uber was a frequent option until recently. Now? Well, I have no friggin’ idea...... I have nowhere to go, so nothing to decide. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

It can help, or hurt. He blew slightly higher when they got him to the station. It takes time after ingestion for your BAC to be reflected with a blow test. Regardless, I am FAR more cautious than I have been in the rest of my adult life. Have a couple glasses of wine out at dinner, get rear ended on the way home. Not your fault, but the cops arrive and ask “where have you been? Anything to drink with dinner?”  I don’t trust the process enough to open that door. 

I see both sides of this. Uber was a frequent option until recently. Now? Well, I have no friggin’ idea...... I have nowhere to go, so nothing to decide. 

Where did you see his BAC? I just googled and couldn't find anything. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Where did you see his BAC? I just googled and couldn't find anything. 

If you read it in context, I was referring to my son and the advice of his attorney. I have no idea about Ed, and was only commenting on the legal advice not to blow. I was NOT present at that conference, and can NOT advise anyone (except @Chef Jim of course) on how to handle their affairs. It’s just the way I heard it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I will say one thing As a Captain after my 2nd deployment. I had a lapse in judgement was drinking at a house party While playing poker. Thought good enough to drive home. 

got pulled over. Thankfully the Cop cut me a break pulled my truck into a parking lot and called me a cab. Told me if my truck is gone before 10am the next day when he comes off shift he will arrest me. (Also in Texas BTW lol). 

never got behind a wheel again after once sip. Hope this has the same effect on Ed. 

will always Remember Officer Jonathan Gomez for the Break he chose to give me. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 8

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Can't believe he didn't just ride his horse 

Funny thing because some obscure law in on the Books in Texas he could have still been charged with DWI and Reckless Endangerment of an animal or some ***** like that. 

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

seriously. you are accept that behaviour as the norm ?

not sure what world You live in ....

I think you live on another planet, if you dont think that's the norm. Ever been to a Bills game? How many DWIs can happend after one? 

• Like (+1) 2