Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Welcome to the internet. Karen is the stereotype of a middle aged woman who asks for the manager when something doesn’t go her way. 

I’ve gathered that but asked why the name Karen is used. I don’t know any Karens like that. They always show that Kate chick. 

Well, imo the team will proceed as if Ed Oliver is not on the team, next man up. An opportunity for someone has come knocking...who opens the door? That is now the question. 

Oh well, as sands through the hour glass go the days of our football lives. 

edit; proceed as if he won’t be playing the first few games of the season... 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

There's an argument to be made that using cell phones are just as dangerous. We all make mistakes man. Hes 22. No one got hurt. Learn from it and move on.

Both extremely stupid. We do all make mistakes, that's true. Not all mistakes are the same though. And ffs stop with the he's 22 *****. That's old enough to realize how selfish it is to be getting behind the wheel after drinking. I'm glad nobody was harmed and hope he truly does learn from this. 

28 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The true measure of this story is going to be determined by how Ed responds. 

Does he take full responsibility for his actions and take whatever measures he needs to take to ensure he never puts himself in position to let himself and his teammates down again? 

Full responsibility for what? again, show me where his tests have proven he was intoxicated / impaired. May have been, I will not form judgement until definite tests results have been released. And, why should he be different than POTUS?

11 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I agree.  His response going forward is all that matters.  

see above. Maybe his response should be "f The Police, they over stepped their bounds "   if that is true does it matter?

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve gathered that but asked why the name Karen is used. I don’t know any Karens like that. They always show that Kate chick. 

Ask any dude named Bruce in the early 90s. And that was before social media

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

Both extremely stupid. We do all make mistakes, that's true. Not all mistakes are the same though. And ffs stop with the he's 22 *****. That's old enough to realize how selfish it is to be getting behind the wheel after drinking. I'm glad nobody was harmed and hope he truly does learn from this. 

so...should people who are 55 and cause accidents that result in death be criticized? Lets not let the fact distracted driving causes  way more death and injuries get in the way of a good moral rant!!!!

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

The article I read said the officer suspected that Oliver’s impairment was due to something other than (or in addition to) alcohol.  That’s my guess as to why they did the justification to do the search. 

FIFY.  At least until tox reports (if there are any) come back.

Edited by Doc

37 minutes ago, fl az fan said:

After reading a good portion of the posts in this thread, I have come to two conclusions. The first is that young people may or may not learn from their mistakes. The second is that self righteousness does not benefit society. We have and will make mistakes. That is what makes us human

this guy needs to post more imo

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

You don’t need to request a vehicle search once you have someone in custody for DWI. At that point the car belongs to you and the search is on whether Oliver wanted it or not. 

I couldn’t tell you whether they were hoping to find drugs or not but searching a car like that is common practice and anything you find is fair game.

Yep.

An inventory is done so the driver can't claim he had 10 grand stashed under seats or in ghe glovebox and it is now missing when he or she reclaim their vehicle.

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Because he was impaired ? and seemed off when checking him over ?
just a thought.

Cops know what will get dropped or reduced in court.

Exactly they do. They know the DWI will get pled out and the weapon charge Buh Bye. So talk the tape (remember Body Cam) and a COP blocker there. 

hence he don’t think he is impaired for Alcohol. They wanted the drug charge. Good on Oliver not having drugs. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Exactly they do. They know the DWI will get pled out and the weapon charge Buh Bye. So talk the tape (remember Body Cam) and a COP blocker there. 

hence he don’t think he is impaired for Alcohol. They wanted the drug charge. Good on Oliver not having drugs. 

dont understand this post either..explain please as i think i agree with it

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

You’d have to show that one to me. If it is, maybe the stupidest law in the books in the country. 

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/open-container-laws.html

What Is an Open Container Law?

An open container law makes it a criminal offense to have an open container of alcohol inside the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle. Open container laws are an important tool in the fight against drunk driving

In many states, a violation of an open container is only an infraction with a fine. However, if the driver or a passenger is under the legal age of 21 and is caught with an open container of alcohol, the punishment can be much severe. In addition, many drivers could be charged with a DUI if the open container was with the driver at the time of driving.

The basic rule is that there are laws that you cannot operate or drive a motor vehicle with an open alcoholic beverage even if the alcohol has not been consumed by the driver or passenger.

Edited by Dopey

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I like how you are so confidently testifying what someone’s state of mind was even though you’re just guessing. 

Kudos to Oliver for not being in possession of drugs even though the blood draw may still reveal he had drugs in his system at the time of the arrest..

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

not sure what ya mean?

Meaning cops will use any excuse to search the car.  Obviously they didn't find any illegal drugs in the car. 

What I don't know for sure (although I suspect they can't) is whether they can use their suspicion of being on drugs to get a tox screen on him from the BAC draw?

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/open-container-laws.html

An open container law makes it a criminal offense to have an open container of alcohol inside the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle. Open container laws are an important tool in the fight against drunk driving

In many states, a violation of an open container is only an infraction with a fine. However, if the driver or a passenger is under the legal age of 21 and is caught with an open container of alcohol, the punishment can be much severe. In addition, many drivers could be charged with a DUI if the open container was with the driver at the time of driving.

The basic rule is that there are laws that you cannot operate or drive a motor vehicle with an open alcoholic beverage even if the alcohol has not been consumed by the driver or passenger.

Simply having an open container of alcohol doesn’t automatically mean you are arrested for DWI (which is what was originally stated)

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

missing this as well ...does it say open container equals DWI?

In many states, a violation of an open container is only an infraction with a fine. However, if the driver or a passenger is under the legal age of 21 and is caught with an open container of alcohol, the punishment can be much severe. In addition, many drivers could be charged with a DUI if the open container was with the driver at the time of driving.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

dont understand this post either..explain please as i think i agree with it

well the cop was talking the drugs immediately. Stated he is impaired by something other than Alcohol. They were setting up the drug charge. 

however a cop blocker was also there filming. And why the video released ASAP. The reason there are so many cop blockers in this area are the History of corruption from the Cops here. 

not saying these cops did anything wrong (they actually didn’t.). Based on the cop blockers video seemed both sides were respectful. 

however the intent is established with the statement they wanted a drug bust and where hoping that is what came out of it. However after the search there was none. 

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I like how you are so confidently testifying what someone’s state of mind was even though you’re just guessing. 

Kudos to Oliver for not being in possession of drugs even though the blood draw may still reveal he had drugs in his system at the time of the arrest..

I have had my dealings with the Montgomery PD. To like all those here vilifying Oliver I am using my experience with this PD and their long line of dirt on them and pontificating 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Simply having an open container of alcohol doesn’t automatically mean you are arrested for DWI (which is what was originally stated)

someone replied to plenzmd1 that in some states open container could = dui.

plenzmd1 replied that someone would have to show him this is the case. I'm just providing a link, never said it was automatic.