Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Everyone can turn the corner and make the best of their Lives.

Sooner is better than later. 

Yep. This hasn't dampened my enthusiasm about Oliver just like it didn't with Bruce Smith.

Sometimes a kid needs to know he is not so big that he doesn't have to follow the rules.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Why request a vehicle search. They were looking for the drug charge and were hoping they would find it. Instead they found the add on gun charge 

You don’t need to request a vehicle search once you have someone in custody for DWI. At that point the car belongs to you and the search is on whether Oliver wanted it or not. 

I couldn’t tell you whether they were hoping to find drugs or not but searching a car like that is common practice and anything you find is fair game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Why request a vehicle search. They were looking for the drug charge and were hoping they would find it. Instead they found the add on gun charge 

Because he was impaired ? and seemed off when checking him over ?
just a thought.

Cops know what will get dropped or reduced in court.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How did the name Karen ever get associated with this? Her name is Kate. I don’t get the memes and don’t know any Karens who are civil vigilantes.

Welcome to the internet. Karen is the stereotype of a middle aged woman who asks for the manager when something doesn’t go her way. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Yep. This hasn't dampened my enthusiasm about Oliver just like it didn't with Bruce Smith.

Sometimes a kid needs to know he is not so big that he doesn't have to follow the rules.

agreed.
good to get a re set sometimes.

This might be a fairly innocent situation ?? But one that sets him back on track. to be his best in football and Life

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Welcome to the internet. Karen is the stereotype of a middle aged woman who asks for the manager when something doesn’t go her way. 

I'd like to add its a middle aged white woman with a certain type of haircut which I do not know how to describe. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I know I never said anything wrong with the search either. It is clear they wanted the drug charge. Just couldn’t get it. Most of the time in that specific location of Texas they probably do get the drug charge as well. 

Who said they requested one? It’s pretty standard to do a search incident to arrest in a DUI case. Also, if the truck was towed, the cops gotta do an inventory search to document the contents of the vehicle. Both are standard searches that are well established in case law - neither of which requires a request or consent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Ed ***** up, I hope he is punished appropriately and grows up.

What astonishes me every time I read about crimes/shootings in the US is the cavalier way y’all treat firearms. It’s no wonder the US has so many deaths attributed to firearms...

What astonishes me is how someone writing "about the US" in the third person feels entitled to culturally appropriate the southern American usage "y'all" for "you all". 

Bless Your Little Heart

If you want to broaden the scope, from talking about a football player's DWI arrest with an "illegal possession of a weapon" charge add-on (that means he had a weapon, quite possibly a legal, permitted weapon, in his possession while committing the DWI crime),  to talking about treatment of firearms in the United States, the PPP forum is at your service

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And I have never once had an issue or been cited for it. Just a heads up, I speed to, all the time, and that prolly way more dangerous than having a beer as I drive. 

glad to know you follow all “‘laws”’to T! 

Damn, dude. I'm NOT at all a "follow ALL laws to a T", but if you're so addicted to alcohol that you feel it's normal to drink beer as you're driving, and seem proud to speed, you're the poster child as to why we have to suffer so many limitations on our freedoms. To protect ourselves from dumbasses like you.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes, but the difference is mine wasn't an illegal one. Subtle difference, wouldn't you agree?

I see you're still whining over passing on DK Metcalf.  Just stop.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ColeB said:

I thought that was legal in Texas, as well as the firearm?   DWI is a different story.

Nope, even in Texas an open container of alcohol in the seating area of a motor vehicle not legal.

The firearm might be a legally registered one, but possessing it while committing DWI makes the legal illegal, so to speak

Edit: apparently not necessary to register firearm in Texas

https://www.texasgunlaws.org/

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Cute, so your blaming the police?

More this conversation is going in circles.

57 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Curious how you know they wanted a drug charge? 

25 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

And you know they were looking for a drug charge how?