Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I bet he didn't even use his turn signals when changing lanes...

Even though it is a courtesy. Drives me nuts folks who have no idea how to use them.

and yes i am quite serious.

back to the judgmentalists

LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

By 23, I'd completed an enlistment, been married and divorced, and was nearly into the civilian workforce. We dote on people too much these days. 

So you are saying you made a life changing mistake around that age to? ??

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Curious how you know they wanted a drug charge? 

Officer reported Under the Influence of something don’t think alcohol. And then other statement we conducted search found no drugs. 

standard statements of Texas PD looking for a Drug Charge. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

perhaps just not get medicated when you know you have to drive ? Ever ?

I have been able to accomplish it. Very boring life i have though :P

self discipline is what Makes great football players . McD will be on his azz over this.

Hahaha. Bruce Smith fell asleep at the wheel numerous of times. Those Bills were Known for their drug and drinking habits. Let's see what happens moving forward. Kid made a mistake. That's it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well my first reaction before the video was “oh no gangster life”. After watching the video I was like “oh no redneck life”. 

Looks like he just spent the day playing in the dirt on his ATV. Drinking and maybe shooting stuff. A regular weekend activity for me and my family. 

Obviously one should use more caution when driving. But the headline sounds like it would be accompanied by worse follow up incriminating circumstances. I’m this case it really looks like he was just playing too hard. Hopefully the gun is registered to him. But even if not I imagine it was more of a shooting and blowing stuff up out in the woods type of vibe. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

With a trailer, even minor corrections look like major swerves. If I was trailing someone who had a trailer going out of the lines repeatedly, I would call 911. Drunk driving is no joke. People’s lives are in some fools hands.

that is a great point. The trailer probably was flying all over the place. 

there are so many countless accidents involving trailers— it is what makes this really upsetting to me re the risk that Oliver was creating. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Officer reported Under the Influence of something don’t think alcohol. And then other statement we conducted search found no drugs. 

standard statements of Texas PD looking for a Drug Charge. 

It’s still a DUI whether he’s impaired by alcohol or drugs. 

To me that doesn’t read like they were looking to charge him with possessing drugs as well.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes, but the difference is mine wasn't an illegal one. Subtle difference, wouldn't you agree?

Pat yourself on the back, and give yourself a cookie. Mr perfect. People make mistakes, and yes illegal ones. Their are different degrees of illegal, breaking the law acts. If you think a 23 year old kid driving drunk isn't a normal thing, I dont know what world you live in.

1) Own it

2) If its a bigger issue like an addiction ask for help- the Bills and the NFL both have resources to help

3) Realize its part of Ed Oliver's "brand" now...troublemaker, dumb mistake, criminal

4) Learn from it

5) Strive to be your best self every day

No  BS, No I didn't do it, no blame other's game.  This is totally on Ed. 

I believe his actions from here will show this is a one time thing.  I have faith in this kid.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

Pat yourself on the back, and give yourself a cookie. Mr perfect. People make mistakes, and yes illegal ones. Their are different degrees of illegal, breaking the law acts. If you think a 23 year old kid driving drunk isn't a normal thing, I dont know what world you live in.

So....this is 100 percent on Ed......and whatever the results are....then that is what they are.

But come on......ppl make mistakes....he is still very young......I dont think this should dictate how you feel about him personally one way or the other......he will learn from this and move on.

How the club treats this will be important......Ed we love and support you....but as a first round pick you are also a foundation piece AND need to grow into a leader for our team.

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Why, bless your heart... I did!  ?

I also loved and love Robin WIlliams

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Billsmisery said:

I'll bet you suck as a cop. Just a hunch, matter of fact if you are thebeastfromtheeast from the old BBMB you are definitely a ***** cop. 

I'm glad I was able to leave a good impression on you from those days.

Whoever you may be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

To me that doesn’t read like they were looking to charge him with possessing drugs as well.

I mean they thought he was impaired by something other than alcohol and searched the vehicle odds are they were looking for drugs. I mean as long as the search is lawful and everything it's not like there is anything wrong with that

32 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

A picture has surfaced of the civilian who reported Ed Oliver to the police... Thanks Karen

karenimg.jpg

How did the name Karen ever get associated with this? Her name is Kate. I don’t get the memes and don’t know any Karens who are civil vigilantes.

13 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Hahaha. Bruce Smith fell asleep at the wheel numerous of times. Those Bills were Known for their drug and drinking habits. Let's see what happens moving forward. Kid made a mistake. That's it. 

Everyone can turn the corner and make the best of their Lives.

Sooner is better than later. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

seriously. you are accept that behaviour as the norm ?

not sure what world You live in ....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why request a vehicle search. They were looking for the drug charge and were hoping they would find it. Instead they found the add on gun charge 

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean they thought he was impaired by something other than alcohol and searched the vehicle odds are they were looking for drugs. I mean as long as the search is lawful and everything it's not like there is anything wrong with that

I know I never said anything wrong with the search either. It is clear they wanted the drug charge. Just couldn’t get it. Most of the time in that specific location of Texas they probably do get the drug charge as well.