Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

4 minutes ago, Billsmisery said:

I'll bet you suck as a cop. Just a hunch, matter of fact if you are thebeastfromtheeast from the old BBMB you are definitely a ***** cop. 

He probably arrested you and you're just bitter you got caught doing who knows what.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

Granted this was dumb, but at 23 I had long list of dumb things. I’m as concerned as everyone else, but this needs to play out. I have a question that immediately came to mind. Has anyone on this thread ever called 911 on someone driving erratically? I’ve lived in NYC, LA and now South FL, which has the worst drivers and never considered calling 911.

I also thought of this.............someone really was policing on their own. It's fine, Ed is 100% in the wrong here. Just interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

There is a strong possibility that since this was reported in a construction zone that he wasn’t uncontrollably swerving, rather trying to stay away from the medians/no shoulder. 

I used to drive about 45k trailer miles per year. Although a much bigger load. I’ve done a couple cross country trips with it as well. 40 foot open trailer, 60 foot load (over hang), 13 feet high, with a pick up. I used to swap lanes all the time at night if there wasn’t much traffic and their was no shoulder. It’s not the greatest to navigate. 

You would also  be surprised at what people will call you in on when you’re towing. I have had two calls to my employer, which they would had to google because our number wasn’t on the truck. Both just for just being in the right lane. I would be going 80 plus not holding up traffic at all. 

I’m not sure what I find more amusing. The extent that you are going to in order to excuse Ed’s behavior, or the irony of your avatar!

Are people really debating/criticizing the other driver for calling in Ed’s reckless behavior? Good grief. I’m guessing those criticizing it is because he’s a Bills player and this may impact the season. Football and/or the season mean jack if he would have hit and seriously injured or killed someone. No one should be making excuses for Ed. I’m sure he’s a fine young man, but he made his bed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not to sugarcoat anything because it was stupid what he did , but maybe it was a blessing that he got pulled over because we all know what’s the worst case scenario could have been here , 

Let’s hope that he learned a BIG lesson and this NEVER happens again 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Are people really debating/criticizing the other driver for calling in Ed’s reckless behavior? Good grief. I’m guessing those criticizing it is because he’s a Bills player and this may impact the season. Football and/or the season mean jack if he would have hit and seriously injured or killed someone. No one should be making excuses for Ed. I’m sure he’s a fine young man, but he made his bed. 

It was probably a pats****** fan who called the cops on him , 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Curious how you know they wanted a drug charge? 

In the report it says they thought he might of been impaired by something besides alcohol so it does seem like they were at least looking for something to tie in.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree this is just dumb young stud in his 20’s stuff, but we would like a guy we’re paying millions, to be a bit smarter than this.

Thinking about it, being a country-guy type probably makes it a lot harder for Ed to Uber or Limo or all that, but still, must be a solution where he could hire a designated driver

perhaps just not get medicated when you know you have to drive ? Ever ?

I have been able to accomplish it. Very boring life i have though :P

self discipline is what Makes great football players . McD will be on his azz over this.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

In the report it says they thought he might of been impaired by something besides alcohol so it does seem like they were at least looking for something to tie in.

Yeah but he said they were looking for a drug charge and when they didn’t find any they threw in the gun charge. 

I didn’t know if he happened to know anyone that was involved in the investigation. 

They obviously got his blood for a reason. I’m not familiar with the penal or traffic laws in Texas but depending on the lab results, he could still be hit with operating while impaired by drugs.