Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

Granted this was dumb, but at 23 I had long list of dumb things. I’m as concerned as everyone else, but this needs to play out. I have a question that immediately came to mind. Has anyone on this thread ever called 911 on someone driving erratically? I’ve lived in NYC, LA and now South FL, which has the worst drivers and never considered calling 911.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

He should stick to only riding horses.  Is it that unusual to find an open container and an unregistered gun in Texas?  This is minimum two games if we're lucky.

well open carry legal so that is normal

open container legal so that is normal too

14 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sry guys don't have time to check whole thread and I didn't find answer anywhere - do we already know if the gun was illegal? Or is it clear what he violated in relation to gun?

Thanks

the Gun is an add on charge to the DWI. Once DWI gone Gun charge is too

37 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Time to get Aj epenesa some reps on the inside for the 

first few games. 

It’s an option. However, Quinton Jefferson, Harry, Star, Vincent Taylor and Vernon Butler are already vying for playing time in the interior. I will assume that they will see more time in their natural position in the first few games of the season, when you would assume a suspension would take place. Giving the rookie minutes there can’t be a priority when you have a team who has invested so much there and has title aspirations.

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I bet he didn't even use his turn signals when changing lanes...

No, I note that he was driving a Ford not a BMW

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

mistake for me means = as in lapse of judgement 

When you commit the same lapse of judgement over and over, not so much...

Unless you think he was incredibly unlucky----getting pinched the first time he decided to drink and drive and drink while driving.

14 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Granted this was dumb, but at 23 I had long list of dumb things. I’m as concerned as everyone else, but this needs to play out. I have a question that immediately came to mind. Has anyone on this thread ever called 911 on someone driving erratically? I’ve lived in NYC, LA and now South FL, which has the worst drivers and never considered calling 911.

I had the same thought.  Like what the heck. And what was he deemed impaired from other than the 911 repoer.t.  The blood draw will be interesting 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott will send a message. Even if he receives a 1-2 game suspension from the league, McDermott ought to add another game.

if Oliver wants big boy money or that 5th year option, this better be a one-off for Oliver.

I'd bring Kyle Williams in for a one-to-one, and then have the team captains specifically have a meeting with Oliver that this is not Bills football, the process, or acceptable.

Oliver better be a model citizen and still get at or near 10 sacks after a suspension.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Right. Blame the caller.

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Right. Blame the caller.

I’m not blaming the caller, but who does that? Maybe you do things like that, but I’ve seen some bad driving and as I said never thought of calling 911. You do understand hat 911 is for real emergencies.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, chris heff said:

no. But I wonder if that means he was driving really erratically for someone to call the cops. 

Just now, chris heff said:

I’m not blaming the caller, but who does that? Maybe you do things like that, but I’ve seen some bad driving and as I said never thought of calling 911. You do understand hat 911 is for real emergencies.

Bad driving is one thing , but if the guy is freakin drunk maybe calling 911 could help save someone’s life , 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

no. But I wonder if that means he was driving really erratically for someone to call the cops. 

Or he just cut someone off, or didn’t signal. As I’ve said seen a lot of bad driving and never considered calling 911.

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

With a trailer, even minor corrections look like major swerves. If I was trailing someone who had a trailer going out of the lines repeatedly, I would call 911. Drunk driving is no joke. People’s lives are in some fools hands.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Being in Law Enforcement for the past 30 years, yes I do.

Apparently you don't understand what 911 is all about or what consistutes an emergency. In the callers mind it was and it appears they were correct.

Think about it this way.....maybe we should thank the caller because maybe minutes later  Oliver t-bones someone and seriously hurts or kills a person.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Then you're part of the problem ?

28 minutes ago, Wizard said:

McDermott will send a message. Even if he receives a 1-2 game suspension from the league, McDermott ought to add another game.

if Oliver wants big boy money or that 5th year option, this better be a one-off for Oliver.

I'd bring Kyle Williams in for a one-to-one, and then have the team captains specifically have a neeting with Oliver that this is not Bills football, the process, or acceptable.

Oliver better be a model citizen and still get at or near 10 sacks after a suspension.

I'm guessing the players union may have something to say if McDermott adds to the suspension...

• Like (+1) 1