Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

14 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Even if his blood alcohol level comes back too high, chances of being suspended are slim. Luckily he had no drugs in the vehicle. He’ll probably get probation from the court, and as a first time offender, nothing from the NFL. 

I believe a first time DWI offense carries with it a mandatory two game suspension per NFL policy.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

No.  Process is just a made up word that a human created to give the illusion to control the uncontrollable.

What got Buffalo into the playoffs is the same stuff all other 31 teams do on a daily basis.

Bounces and breaks eventually come your way.

Except they didn't for 17 years.

• Like (+1) 3

Player gets DWI, no other news or updates about it have come out since...28 page thread.

I love this forum and I love Bills fans.

I would be willing to bet that Bills fans are the most active on message boards of any fans in the league. I mean...that and a nickel will get you a peppermint, but still.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Player gets DWI, no other news or updates about it have come out since...28 page thread.

I love this forum and I love Bills fans.

I would be willing to bet that Bills fans are the most active on message boards of any fans in the league. I mean...that and a nickel will get you a peppermint, but still.

A nickel a peppermint? What is this 1982?

• Haha (+1) 1

Welp...here is what I will say.  Most people here have done something stupid like this when they were a teenager or in their early twenties.  Drove when they shouldn't have.  You tend to have a mentality at that age that you can do anything and its no big deal.  

Doesn't excuse this behavior, but even though I do NOT have a DUI, there were times his age I probably drove when I shouldn't have and figured I was fine to drive.  I never do it now, and probably haven't in 20 years (about to be 44 in July), but this isn't exactly a rare mistake here by youth.  

He is fortunate it was just a DUI and not an accident he caused...and lets hope that this lesson humbles him and makes him realize he can't do this type of stuff and makes better decisions moving forward.  Watching some friends get DUI's and one get in an accident humbled me right up about it, and never done it since.  And today its even less excusable with more options like Uber and Lyft.  

Im not gonna write the kids character off over this...young players get to make one dumb mistake, I mean they are still maturing and coming from being stars in college and getting paid in the NFL so young.  Not to mention the added boredom of the quarantine.  Its how he responds after this that will tell me what kind of character this kid has.  And you know McD and Beane are not going to go easy on him about this kind of mistake.  

I feel fairly confident though that this wont be an ongoing issue and he will be fine moving forward.  

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

At least he didn't resist the arrest.

AND he was wearing his Bills t-shirt proudly!!!

And it looks like he was relatively sober during that field test.   Silver lining people!!

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...uh oh....sounds like Big Ed is gonna be "processed".....not quite "OBD process"...maybe Dareus can be his advisor.....SMH.....can't fix this stuff.........

You can fix this stuff.  Ask Bruce Smith and Dominik Hasek......

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Perhaps Sheldon Cooper should be asking this, but is it appropriate for the Marvel Universe to be posting next to the DC Universe?

You probably thought Robin Williams was funny too!

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sry guys don't have time to check whole thread and I didn't find answer anywhere - do we already know if the gun was illegal? Or is it clear what he violated in relation to gun?

Thanks

He had the gun while committing another crime.  That's what he violated as far as the weapon charge is concerned

• Thank you (+1) 1