Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

4 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

For Pete's sake relax.  

1)  He got pulled over for dwi while at age 22.  Could have happened to almost anyone, except maybe some judgmental choir boys

So you have to be a choir boy to realize how stupid it is to drink and drive? I swear the thought process some people have on here blows my mind. 

28 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I sure hope I never get pulled over and get asked to do the sobriety test. I would fail that sober. 

I once was pulled over after leaving a bar,I had about 6 or 7 beers (160 lbs),had to do a sobriety test on the sidewalk.

I passed it.I was a little tipsy,but I didn't let the idea that I was taking the test rattle me.

Hopefully,Oliver learns from this,it could have been worst.

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Well...on the bright side...we can all finally move beyond the mythologizing of the “magic” inside “the process” of OBD.

They’re all just dudes...doing their thing...living life...making good decisions and bad.

whether they play for Dallas...New England or Buffalo.

Moreover I'd like to see an end to the choir boy myth.

• Like (+1) 1

Well...on the bright side...we can all finally move beyond the mythologizing of the “magic” inside “the process” of OBD.

They’re all just dudes...doing their thing...living life...making good decisions and bad.

whether they play for Dallas...New England or Buffalo.

The process has gotten the Bills to 2 playoffs in 3 seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I think the thing I'm most amazed at is how many people on this board apparently have never made any mistakes in their life especially when they were in their early 20s

You’re correct. We all made mistakes at that age, but our mistakes didn’t potentially affect the prospects of a team we all are passionate about in what could be a championship season 

3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

So you have to be a choir boy to realize how stupid it is to drink and drive? I swear the thought process some people have on here blows my mind. 

3 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

I once was pulled over after leaving a bar,I had about 6 or 7 beers (160 lbs),had to do a sobriety test on the sidewalk.

I passed it.I was a little tipsy,but I didn't let the idea that I was taking the test rattle me.

Hopefully,Oliver learns from this,it could have been worst.

Perhaps Sheldon Cooper should be asking this, but is it appropriate for the Marvel Universe to be posting next to the DC Universe?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The process has gotten the Bills to 2 playoffs in 3 seasons. 

No.  Process is just a made up word that a human created to give the illusion to control the uncontrollable.

What got Buffalo into the playoffs is the same stuff all other 31 teams do on a daily basis.

Bounces and breaks eventually come your way.

Why are posters calling this a "mistake"?  Did he simply forget he had been drinking when he got into the truck hauling the trailer with the dune buggy and the gun?

Caught, yes, mistake (as in "whoops, didn't mean to!"), no.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why are posters calling this a "mistake"?  Did he simply forget he had been drinking when he got into the truck hauling the trailer with the dune buggy and the gun?

mistake for me means = as in lapse of judgement 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

No.  Process is just a made up word that a human created to give the illusion to control the uncontrollable.

What got Buffalo into the playoffs is the same stuff all other 31 teams do on a daily basis.

Bounces and breaks eventually come your way.

Why have coaches at all then? Any good leader, coach, CEO, instills a certain mindset and culture in the environment which they're in charge of.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think you have mistake confused with accident/accidental occurence. He made a mistake in judgement. It is what it is. 

21 minutes ago, Gambit said:

There's an argument to be made that using cell phones are just as dangerous. We all make mistakes man. Hes 22. No one got hurt. Learn from it and move on.

Even if his blood alcohol level comes back too high, chances of being suspended are slim. Luckily he had no drugs in the vehicle. He’ll probably get probation from the court, and as a first time offender, nothing from the NFL.