Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Cops might shoot me from smelling like Fabreeze. ?

That's because you can't spell "freebase" without Fabreese ?

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Seriously, I'm just having fun with this because it's such a nothingburger. I don't know what folks are getting spun up about.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

That's because you can't spell "freebase" without Fabreese ?

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Seriously, I'm just having fun with this because it's such a nothingburger. I don't know what folks are getting spun up about.

Trust the process.

Well, just for the record, if Oliver killed someone, then the nothing burger becomes a jailburger, never mind his NFL career.

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

Texas does require a permit for handguns.  It is very easy to get, considering he has lived there his whole life no reason why he should not have it.  

I believe the only reason for him to catch a gun charge would be because of not having the permit.  

If this is the case he is a real idiot!!!

And you'd be wrong.   The gun charge is because he was charged with crime higher than a traffic ticket (DWI) while in possession of a gun. 

He legally owns the gun.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Trust the process.

Well, just for the record, if Oliver killed someone, then the nothing burger becomes a jailburger, never mind his NFL career.

I mean, we could get into a discussion about risk assessment level caused by simply leaving your house. The only way to be sure is to never do it. Or so someone on TV keeps telling me, but that's probably a discussion for another board. Coulda/woulda/shoulda/etc applies to everything; better to focus on what actually did happen which at first blush, ain't much, in my opinion anyway...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He definitely has a tough uphill battle- Beane and McD have to be pissed as well.

I'd be surprised if he gets more than 3 games.  I'm still sticking with 2.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

yep, and 3 white cops pulling over a young black man have never erred in judgement before.

NOt saying he was or was not impaired, saying lets wait for the test results

This kind of rhetoric is useless and has no positive impact on anything. Should we consider the criminal statistics on young black men as well? Perhaps you are just trolling or maybe you really do think this way? The skin color of the cops or the accused shouldn't be used in a suggestive manner as both ways show ignorance. 

I think Oliver is a good kid and this will be a learning experience for him. I also don't think McDermott will write him off. Some  posters are obsessed with using worn out phrases like "choir boys" and "process type player". I really don't think McDermott or anyone in the organization believes that players should me mistake free. 

I would guess they are looking for effort, focus, growth, and responsibility. All of which can be shown despite mistakes.

I still love Ed Oliver and glad he his on our side.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'd be surprised if he gets more than 3 games.  I'm still sticking with 2.

More i loooked. Could get 2 off the DWI Policy if the eventual plea is Wet Reckless (the wet part shows alcohol). If they get it to Norma reckless driving can’t use the DWI Policy and then has to use the Protect the Shield Policy of the Commish. And I don’t know what powers he has under new CBA 

For Pete's sake relax.  

1)  He got pulled over for dwi while at age 22.  Could have happened to almost anyone, except maybe some judgmental choir boys

2)  It's Texas, not crappy New York.  Gun laws are easier, and it's common for regular people to have them on them.  Also, up to a few years ago open container beers were actually allowed while driving!  

3)  He didn't hurt anyone, punch a woman, jump out of a hotel room screaming naked etc.  

Just...relax

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, hmsmystic said:

For Pete's sake relax.  

1)  He pulled got pulled over for dwi while at age 22.  Could have happened to almost anyone, except maybe some judgmental choir boys

2)  It's Texas, not crappy New York.  Gun laws are easier, and it's common for regular people to have them on them.  Also, up to a few years ago open container beers were actually allowed while driving!  

3)  He didn't hurt anyone, punch a woman, jump out of a hotel room screaming naked etc.  

Just...relax

yep. Open Container still allowed. Got taken off the books in 2002. 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wonder how many of these people vilifying Oliver today would start defending themselves if charged with assault while throwing people through tables. 

I wonder how many people here actually throw people through tables. I know I don't.