Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

As a resident in Montgomery County I have to tell you he must have been driving REALLY bad to get a complaint! It's common to drive 85-90 MPH on I45 with Constables on the shoulder. Very rarely does someone get pulled over for a traffic violation, it slows traffic.

1 minute ago, BillsMafia828 said:

As a resident in Montgomery County I have to tell you he must have been driving REALLY bad to get a complaint! It's common to drive 85-90 MPH on I45 with Constables on the shoulder. Very rarely does someone get pulled over for a traffic violation, it slows traffic.

Maybe someone witnessed him actually drinking, can to lips, and felt compelled to report that.  (I wouldn't, but some people will)

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia828 said:

The 911 caller stated he was driving erratically and dangerously.  So I'm sure once they tracked him down and saw him weave once they pulled him over.

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia828 said:

As a dude who drove a trailer, although bigger, Driving through construction with out a shoulder and with a median and cones can be a pain and I’d swap lanes all the time at night if there isn’t much traffic. 

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

Probably.  I just wonder if sometimes the publicity can work against a guy like Oliver, with a DA who doesn’t want to be seen rolling over for the rich and famous.

They have to be careful anyway Montgomery PD has a long list of corruption. I am not saying this is that. But I can see the DA saying Ok let’s make this plea and have this all go away instead of having the light turned on this PD

7 hours ago, dezertbill said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/17/ed-oliver-arrested-for-dwi-unlawfully-carrying-a-weapon/

No bueno.  We finally have all the pieces and this has to happen.  SMH

I never liked the pick from the start,  I always thought he was too small and we saw him get dominated by bigger guys.  This only makes things worse and within the same week of the Sammy story coming out. For the record I would have preferred Bills taking WR Metcalf in that draft,  guys like him don't have time for getting smashed because their watching what the eat and working out/ gym rats.  Let's hope he has a Bruce Smith moment and realizes this is not college football,  you need to be committed to working hard if you want to be great in this league.

• Like (+1) 1

For those that are old enough on this board, I'm sure we've all done something we're not too proud of in our early 20's.  The guy made a mistake.  It's not an indictment on his character. It's mistake.  I saw a post where first time DWI offenders get 2 games.  Both charges (DWI and Weapon) are misdemeanors.  On the video, he looked to be compliant.  He'll hire a good lawyer and they'll take care of him

I'm sure when its all said and done Ed will learn from this and move on.  He'll realize that things could have been alot worse, and to not take for granted the gift God and the universe has given him in the game of football.

Other than that, all of the crazy talk from all the perfect people on this board commenting as if they've never made a mistake is hypocritical.  

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

PER ESPN:

Police were alerted to Oliver's driving by a 911 call from another motorist, who reported a Ford Super Duty pickup hauling a trailer with a dune buggy on it through a 45 mph construction zone on State Highway 242, according to MontgomeryCountyPoliceReporter.com. The 911 caller noted that Oliver was "failing to maintain a lane and driving dangerously," according to the report.

Not smart. If your having issues driving straight after drinking, pull over and get out and call a cab. or a friend. Or shoot sleep in a bush.

7 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Like him less that I did on draft day now

what a GLOAT.

dang shame these football players can't all be non drinking/smoking choir boys here in this imperfect world we live in but it seems that just can't be. 

not a good look big ed.

2 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

The 911 caller stated he was driving erratically and dangerously.  So I'm sure once they tracked him down and saw him weave once they pulled him over.

The area he was pulled over has heavy restrictions due to construction. Honestly, he probably could got a hometown pass if he didn't have the open container. 

Just now, dezertbill said:

For those that are old enough on this board, I'm sure we've all done something we're not too proud of in our early 20's.  The guy made a mistake.  It's not an indictment on his character. It's mistake.  I saw a post where first time DWI offenders get 2 games.  Both charges (DWI and Weapon) are misdemeanors.  On the video, he looked to be compliant.  He'll hire a good lawyer and they'll take care of him

I'm sure when its all said and done Ed will learn from this and move on.  He'll realize that things could have been alot worse, and to not take for granted the gift God and the universe has given him in the game of football.

Other than that, all of the crazy talk about all the perfect people on this board commenting as if they've never made a mistake is hypocritical.  

Agreed..To a point. 

With his financial and Social status, I mean MY GOD , where's his common sense???

4 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Agreed..To a point. 

With his financial and Social status, I mean MY GOD , where's his common sense???

Ya I mean I definitely got pulled over a few times when I was younger not as sober as I should have been, but I was also poor and had I had the status and money he has, prob be a different story. 

Especially with today's Uber and Lyft. It is so much more accessible not to take chances.

The mistake is not a concern for his age. But he has to be more aware of his status and what is on the line for himself.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1