Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

I thought driving with some guns in the car and a beer between your legs was a requirement in Texas.

Clearly a bad move by Oliver and a black mark on the Bills offseason. I want it to be understood I do not condone what Oliver did, and he should get his due puishment.

With that said, I have a feeling Ed will use this experience going forward. He handled the arrest very calmly and professionally (unlike so many athletes). He'll learn from this and I doubt he repeats it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Devilmann said:

Houston isn’t in Montgomery county that’s Harris county it’s close to Houston. It’s legal to carry a firearm but only if you have a license for it and just like everywhere else there is no open alcoholic containers

It is also not legal in Texas to carry a firearm, when drinking alcohol.

10 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

There's the expression usually referring to basketball,  "you can't teach height".   I have a real question, not rhetorical,  can you fix stupid?  I really don't know. You can teach an ignorant person, but can you change a stupid one?  I'm not saying that what Oliver did was horrible, I'm saying it's stupid, given his financial situation, his very public status, his future. How hard is it to not drive with an open container?  How hard is it to not have a handgun that might be illegal?  Is it really that difficult for a player to not put himself in a position where he might get suspended by the league?  Real question-is he stupid, and if so can that be fixed?

This question reminds me of the episode of the Last Dance that was focused on Dennis Rodman. Phil Jackson had a way of reaching Rodman and making the best of his stupidity.

8 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Member when the Bills have had other players in the past get in trouble during the off-season and so many people had so many opinions on the matter. Wild speculation and people saying how bad of a person they are. I member. Well everyone will be cheering for him again and totally forget about this once he is on the field, making plays because Pepridge Farms, with a side of member berries, members. 

Seriously though let it play out.

Anyone else thinking of Marcel Darius a lot today?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Clutchwarfare said:

Not at all, based on this one incident. However, should it (or something similarly stupid) should happen again, Marcel comparisons will be appropriate. But I don't get that vibe from Oliver.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Clutchwarfare said:

This question reminds me of the episode of the Last Dance that was focused on Dennis Rodman. Phil Jackson had a way of reaching Rodman and making the best of his stupidity.

nope why would I?

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have a hard time with the suspension because what would the league suspend him on?  They can’t use the DWI as the way the policy is written if he pleads out of the DWI. 

Goodell will find a way...

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not now. But it makes it easy for the Bills if he struggles or has any other issues.

This is an overreaction. He is in his early 20’s and made a mistake. Luckily no one was hurt. He learns from this and moves on and continues his upward trajectory of being a great player for the Bills. Hope and want this to be the case. 

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

The fact that you carry around a weapon is demonstrating your cavalier attitude. Just sayin’.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean, like, during the Revolutionary War?

Is that the only war people have died in?

Hmm there's an oathe they take:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; 

So your snide or funny remark, whichever you thought it was, is really disrespectful. Cause the second amendment is what those people are swearing to protect. Among other things of course.

And i think we all know there has been lot of war casualties since the revolutionary war... unless your delusional, then carry on. But I'm not gonna go back to this anymore. I'd like to keep this on topic.

Arguing with fools only makes people from a distance see you as the same.

Edited by Sharky7337

Texas does require a permit for handguns.  It is very easy to get, considering he has lived there his whole life no reason why he should not have it.  

I believe the only reason for him to catch a gun charge would be because of not having the permit.  

If this is the case he is a real idiot!!!

Maybe being it’s Texas and guns are a given, and Football is bigger than god, that and alcohol drive throughs  exist, this could be a slap on the wrist sort of deal, no big deal right... ??

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

Is that the only war people have died in?

Hmm there's an oathe they take:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; 

So your snide or funny remark, whichever you thought it was, is really disrespectful. Cause the second amendment is what those people are swearing to protect. Among other things of course.

And i think we all know there has been lot of war casualties since the revolutionary war... unless your delusional, then carry on. But I'm not gonna go back to this anymore. I'd like to keep this on topic.

Arguing with fools only makes people from a distance see you as the same.

We all understand the pledge. That's not what I'm asking relative to your statement.

What other wars fought were over the Rights afforded in the US Constitution to American citizens, or over a threat to the Constitution?  What enemy was threatening the 2nd amendment or other provisions of the Constitution?

You brought it up...

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This is an overreaction. He is in his early 20’s and made a mistake. Luckily no one was hurt. He learns from this and moves on and continues his upward trajectory of being a great player for the Bills. Hope and want this to be the case. 

Its a simple fact. He messed up his contract. He can't even sign a new one for 3 years. He's got to be flawless now.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Does it all the time. Big donation. Then add the fines for the charge itself. 

like I said I have had 5 soldiers plead down to wet reckless in my years stationed in Texas without any big donation. Just using the diversion program 

Are gun law senteces in texas mandatory like New York state? Thanks bobby