Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Say what?  The unlawful gun law was specifically written to include "intoxication". 

As MAJ said, it will get tossed.  I still see a suspension of 2 games though.

54 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The fact that you carry around a weapon is demonstrating your cavalier attitude. Just sayin’.

The fact that someone chooses to use their lawful rights that many people have bled and died for, in order to protect themselves and their family/ or loved ones on a equal playing field to those that do not care and or abide by laws does not make anyone cavalier.

Can we please keep the BS out of this thread?

I mean the takes like "3 white cops pulled him over" WTF does that have to do with his actions that got him there in the first place? What about his own accountability for his actions?

Or the loud mouth political agenda on people with guns are bad. This is a sports forum, and you do not have to agree. Do what works for you.

But just like modern day america, just because your the loudest voice, doesn't mean everyone agrees with you. 

I certainly don't.

• Like (+1) 3

Luckily we are stacked inside on the DL. Harry,Star,QJeff,Butler and Epensa can all play DT but I had Big Ed pegged to have a huge year.  Pro Bowl year. He really progressed nicely last year. 

4th NFL player this week.  We're talking 20 something year olds with millions in the bank and no responsibilities besides virtual meetings. It's a recipe for disaster.

Anyone know the expected suspension time for this type of incident? 

Should have been at OTAs.

? Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

He was called in by a citizen. People dont call in suspected impaired drivers over one swerve or drift. In my experience, the ones where the citizens call in are usually the worst driving patterns.

Or it's citizens with the worst snitching patterns. Snitching is the new cool thing, you handshakers are gonna get yours!

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You got to be pretty cheap to be without a cup holder ,

You don't want to be distracted fumbling for your beer all the way over in a cupholder. That's reckless. Keep it in your lap where it's easy to reach without taking your eyes off the road.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Hopefully this is a learning experience for Oliver. Often times when these things happen they can either be the turning point that forces someone to grow up or the beginning of a pattern. I’m hoping that this is the former.

Luckily, he didn’t look like he was out of control on that video. 

However, a Texan football star not being allowed to walk by some local Texas cops is not good either.

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Luckily we are stacked inside on the DL. Harry,Star,QJeff,Butler and Epensa can all play DT but I had Big Ed pegged to have a huge year.  Pro Bowl year. He really progressed nicely last year. 

4th NFL player this week.  We're talking 20 something year olds with millions in the bank and no responsibilities besides virtual meetings. It's a recipe for disaster.

Anyone know the expected suspension time for this type of incident? 

Should have been at OTAs.

? Coronavirus

Won't be until 2021 anyway. 2-4 games in 2021.

• Thank you (+1) 1

There's the expression usually referring to basketball,  "you can't teach height".   I have a real question, not rhetorical,  can you fix stupid?  I really don't know. You can teach an ignorant person, but can you change a stupid one?  I'm not saying that what Oliver did was horrible, I'm saying it's stupid, given his financial situation, his very public status, his future. How hard is it to not drive with an open container?  How hard is it to not have a handgun that might be illegal?  Is it really that difficult for a player to not put himself in a position where he might get suspended by the league?  Real question-is he stupid, and if so can that be fixed?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Won't be until 2021 anyway. 2-4 games in 2021.

Not bad . Not good either. 

Just hope this is an eye opener for him and makes him re-evaluate his decision making , grow stronger , more mature. 

Member when the Bills have had other players in the past get in trouble during the off-season and so many people had so many opinions on the matter. Wild speculation and people saying how bad of a person they are. I member. Well everyone will be cheering for him again and totally forget about this once he is on the field, making plays because Pepridge Farms, with a side of member berries, members. 

Seriously though let it play out.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

As MAJ said, it will get tossed.  I still see a suspension of 2 games though.

I have a hard time with the suspension because what would the league suspend him on?  They can’t use the DWI as the way the policy is written if he pleads out of the DWI. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Luckily, he didn’t look like he was out of control on that video. 

However, a Texan football star not being allowed to walk by some local Texas cops is not good either.

I feel like he already looks remorseful and knew how bad he messed up. 

This doesn’t necessarily say anything about Ed’s character. What will be more telling is how he bounces back from this. 

I know some people that have made a bad mistake and unfortunately received a DUI/DWI.  They’re not bad people because of one choice, but they’re rather naive, self absorbed, and irrational when they make that decision. 

Let’s hope the big guy can mature and grow from this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hurts Ed Oliver the most. He loses his gauranteed money. Bills can now release him whenever with major dead cap.

He's not going to get released...