Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What difference does it make? Anyone reporting on the story and using the video is going to state that he is a member of the team anyways

Bills don't want that type of advertising. Trust me it's worse for the Bills that he's wearing Bills gear in the arrest video. 

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Looks like the process was on break when they drafted this kid.

And they can’t say there weren’t warning signs...but I think it’s more of a maturity thing...

Edited by JaCrispy

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

By 23, I'd completed an enlistment, been married and divorced, and was nearly into the civilian workforce. We dote on people too much these days. 

They actually make it too easy to get married and divorced. Easier it is made, more often cycle will repeat.

10 minutes ago, Happy said:

He's hardly the first pro athlete to get a DUI.  The same questions posters are asking here (why not hire a limo, Uber, etc) are no different than when the last pro athlete got a DUI.  Oliver is no different than any of those who got a DUI before him.  I think it is just the belief that people have where it (DUI, crash, whatever) won't happen to them...until it does.

Yes - certainly a young & stupid mistake - many young guys (I bet- especially ones with as much money as Ed Oliver) feel invincible & have an "it can't happen to me attitude. Hope that Ed learns from this & moves forward. A criminal conviction as a young man is not good - but, it does not mean that you can't go on to be a successful man - no matter what your occupation & life circumstance are. To a certain extent we have all been there - I wish I knew what I know now back when I was 23. Heck, I wish I could just remember when I was 23!

On a lighter note -- at least he wasn't found naked in a field in Elma by the police -- what ever happened to Cyrus Kouandjio (spelling?) - did he continue with an NFL career?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bulldog said:

Yes - certainly a young & stupid mistake - many young guys (I bet- especially ones with as much money as Ed Oliver) feel invincible & have an "it can't happen to me attitude. Hope that Ed learns from this & moves forward. A criminal conviction as a young man is not good - but, it does not mean that you can't go on to be a successful man - no matter what your occupation & life circumstance are. To a certain extent we have all been there - I wish I knew what I know now back when I was 23. Heck, I wish I could just remember when I was 23!

On a lighter note -- at least he wasn't found naked in a field in Elma by the police -- what ever happened to Cyrus Kouandjio (spelling?) - did he continue with an NFL career?

was in the XFL this year. Think if I remember right was cut too not sure 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, o have had my license since 78, never been cited for an open container. 

now I gots big problem with driving while drunk , that rightly is and should be strictly enforced. I just don’t understand why if I have 3 beers in a bar, get in a car and drive home that is somehow okay, but if I have a beer as I am driving to the Home Depot and back it is somehow illegal, and worse to some people immoral. It’s a dumb law. What matters is how much I drink, not where I drink it. 

It is a dumb law crafted just for you..  In future it will be called plenzmd1 dumb.

49 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

What astonishes me every time I read about the US is the cavalier way y’all treat EVERYTHING. 

Fixed this for you. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go crowd up on an open bar patio during a pandemic because, hey, we're America........?

7 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Ah, yes, Kujo....that is what we called him because his name is too hard to spell; your spelling may be correct.  IIRC, he did land with another team, but it was short lived.  I think he was out of the league shortly there after because he was just not a good lineman.  None of it had to do with Kujo being found naked in a field.

Dapgummit, Eduardo! Can they fine him for a lack of brains and foresight?

Although... Some of ya go on and on about how McBeane sign only choir boys. A very uh, un-choir-boy type of thing happens and suddenly the same crowd is shouting how he's just not a process guy and they saw this coming miles away. Uh huh. 

Fines, counseling/classes, a stern talking-to from McDermott and Uncle Rog.

• Like (+1) 1