Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree this is just dumb young stud in his 20’s stuff, but we would like a guy we’re paying millions, to be a bit smarter than this.

Thinking about it, being a country-guy type probably makes it a lot harder for Ed to Uber or Limo or all that, but still, must be a solution where he could hire a designated driver

He's hardly the first pro athlete to get a DUI.  The same questions posters are asking here (why not hire a limo, Uber, etc) are no different than when the last pro athlete got a DUI.  Oliver is no different than any of those who got a DUI before him.  I think it is just the belief that people have where it (DUI, crash, whatever) won't happen to them...until it does.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks for the gouge about unlawful carry.  I wondered if it was something like that; I mean, like I said, it’s Texas.

As an engineer friend driving from IL to TX for his first post-graduation job once said: “When I crossed the border into Texas, they pulled me over and searched my car for firearms.  Fortunately, I had some, so they let me in”

I lived in Houston for a year.   Literally 24hrs living there I was pulled over by HWP just off the loop. 

Reason? 

I had PA plates and he suspected me of trafficking drugs. (he literally said it to me directly like that) 

He searched my vehicle for 35mins getting more and more pissed he couldn't find anything. 

Houston PD was on the scene at that point and they basically rolled their eyes at this guy when he told them what he was doing. 

HWP eventually left but not before threatening to arrest me for dwi because my pupils looked small and i was sweating.   It was late October and I had just moved from PA where the temp was in the 50s-40s to the 80s.  Houston PD eventually told this guy to knock it off.   When HWP Left Houston PD told me he had called in a huge drug bust on me as he was pulling me over. 

So i know they trump up charges on people down there. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is so Billsy  WTF Ed?????

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The fact that you carry around a weapon is demonstrating your cavalier attitude. Just sayin’.

Oh fer goshsake, it’s Texas out in the country.   It would be more wierd if he didn’t have a weapon.  You out off-roading and run into a pack of feral hogs or encounter a rattlesnake with Attitude you can’t exactly call 911 and wait 30-60 minutes until they can reach you, you got to be able to take care of yourself.

Lot of people in the US carry around a weapon.  Doesn’t mean they have a cavalier attitude, out in the country mostly just means they’re practical.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Page 14 and no one has advocated cutting Star and Murphy yet?  It solves all other problems, why not this one?

And Star or Murphy haven't gotten any better.  They're still the same over-paid, middling players that they have been.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Damn just watched the video. Why did he have to have a Bills shirt on. 

What difference does it make? Anyone reporting on the story and using the video is going to state that he is a member of the team anyways

He had his Buffalo Bills shirt on too!  Will never understand why intoxicated people let alone black males who already have a target on their back don't simply call a cab.  Just glad he or nobody else was hurt.  SMH.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Just now, Mr. Wonderful said:

He had his Buffalo Bills shirt on too!  Will never understand while intoxicated people let alone black males who already have a target on their back don't simply call a cab.  SMH.

You know any cab companies picking up ATV’s at the trailhead after a day of off-roading? The inebriation is inexcusable, but his lack of calling a cab or UBER is explainable.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

He had his Buffalo Bills shirt on too!  Will never understand while intoxicated people let alone black males who already have a target on their back don't simply call a cab.  SMH.

I thought this myself at first.  After looking at the video, he was driving a pickup and pulling his ATV.  After looking at a map, Montgomery City Texas has a population of 621 and is about 60 miles from Houston.

So cab service not so accessible as it first appears.  Still alternatives, but they require more advance planning.

3 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Did not Quentin Williams get pulled over in the south Alabama i think also had to be last year what happened to his charges

https://www.insider.com/quinnen-williams-arrested-on-gun-possession-charge-at-airport-reports-2020-3

this one is majorly different than Oliver’s CWP charge because of the State 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

not for me. Made a mistake if he was over the limit..i have made prolly well over a 1000 in my lifetime.

And has it been reported anywhere what his test reulkts were? I mean we have him guilty as charged here...i assume we have proof of his trangressions ? Sure as hjell that video did not suppport that he was intoxicated from whet we can see.

“Prolly” is not a word.   

Your belief is that it should be legal to drink beer while driving as long as it is below the limit?  That is just bizarre.  You believe that people will limit their intake two beers while driving?    How can the legal system sort that out when they can’t do it for those that choose to drive when already impaired?  

Sounds like you have been both reckless and lucky.  Be careful because someday  your luck will “prolly” run out.  

As for Oliver, this is a wake up call.   Hopefully he takes gets it, learns a lesson, and makes better decisions in the future.  

Edited by Bob in STL