Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

3 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

There is no registration in most states outside of freedom lacking states like NY.   There is certainly not in Texas.  It might have been an illegal weapon is all I can think of 

The Charge is because of the DWI. Nothing more. It is an Add on 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

He was charged with unlawfully carrying a firearm. So you now know more about what constitutes Texas law than the 3 officers on the scene? It’s no different than driving without a license. Even if you left your license at home you don’t get a do over to go prove it later. Say he only had a concealed carry which would mean he would need to have his FOID card on him at the time. That could be a low charge but it’s going to stick.

They always trump up charges to try and get something to stick. 

Unlawful Carry of a Weapon 

An individual is prohibited from possessing a handgun while they are committing an offense (other than an offense punishable by a traffic ticket) – even if they are in a generally permissible place to lawfully carry even without a license.

For example, imagine you put your handgun in your car where the handle is still visible, go to work, and after work you head to happy hour. Now imagine you get stopped and charged with DWI. Under Texas law, the officer can charge you with UCW because you were committing an offense other than a Class C traffic offense. So while you may have never intended to commit the offense of UCW, by possessing a handgun while committing an offense other than a traffic ticket, the officer can charge you with UCW. 

For whatever reason you seem to be making this out to be much more than it is. 

These look to be like trumped-up charges to land something and make it stick, most likely because states have lost tons of Revenue during quarantine.

I would not be shocked in the least if his blood test results came back and he was either barely intoxicated or under the intoxication level.  I wouldn't be shocked to see that unlawful carry get tossed out as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

and you know this how?

according to someone who is not named. I don't see anywhere where the cops said he was swerving.

must have missed that one too..where did you read the test results?

the article quoted up thread said the officer found him to be impaired. 

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Right, but you gotta have evidence of that. That would have come in the form of evidence during the FSEs. It’s also possible that he refused the breath test, so that set the warrant for blood examination protocol into motion. We shall see.

I’m glad no one was hurt in the incident, and hopefully Ed learns the lesson. Sometimes the lessons learned the hard way are the lessons learned for a lifetime. Sometimes they aren’t..

everyone trying to beat a DWI DUI charge should always demand a blood test or refuse the Breath  Test. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Texas it is a matter of the cop saying under the influence other than alcohol. That is the probably cause for the blood draw. He will sit at Montgomery hospital for a couple hours waiting on the warrant 

He failed the field test.  Says they drew his blood before taking him to jail.

8 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

It was dumb, but I’ve done worse in my youth. It is interesting how much certain people seem to enjoy things like this. He who is without sin cast the first stone. Hypocrisy abounds. 

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s abnormal for a 23 year old kid to go out, ride his ATV , drink a few, and make a bad choice. I think the disgust is that we have a huge opportunity this year. We haven’t won a division in 20 years and we just put an unnecessary roadblock up. We are playing for home field playoff games now. It matters when someone takes themselves out of games doing something stupid. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

the article quoted up thread said the officer found him to be impaired. 

yep, and 3 white cops pulling over a young black man have never erred in judgement before.

NOt saying he was or was not impaired, saying lets wait for the test results

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He failed the field test.  Says they drew his blood before taking him to jail.

Ok cool we will see the results of the blood test. 

say June it will go to court and the plea deal down to reckless driving will be started. 

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yep, and 3 white cops pulling over a young black man have never erred in judgement before.

Ya it has to be racism that made him drink and drive and put the can between his legs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Ed ***** up, I hope he is punished appropriately and grows up.

What astonishes me every time I read about crimes/shootings in the US is the cavalier way y’all treat firearms. It’s no wonder the US has so many deaths attributed to firearms...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

that’s fair enough. My point wasn’t to convict him. Based on the allegations, what it seemed like he did was really dangerous. This was in a construction zone during normal hours while towing something. if it turns out he was drinking while driving in this situation, the risk of harm to others was very high. 

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Yikes! 

Should #Bills DL Ed Oliver be suspended for his reported personal conduct violation, not only would he forfeit $81,725 per week missed, but the remaining $6.8M of salary guarantee on his contract will void.

Wowowow. Might help out our salary cap in the long term, this could work out!

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

say June it will go to court and the plea deal down to reckless driving will be started. 

Maybe, but he will miss games for sure and this is a really bad time to let down your team. Not that any time is good but this is the year we finally hope to put it all together.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If he's over .08 why would the DA plead down a slam dunk double Class A misdemeanor?

6 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Ed ***** up, I hope he is punished appropriately and grows up.

What astonishes me every time I read about crimes/shootings in the US is the cavalier way y’all treat firearms. It’s no wonder the US has so many deaths attributed to firearms...

I've carried a firearm for 40 years. Myself and many of the people I know who are licensed to carry are hardly cavalier about it. You play by the rules, practice and keep safe. You would never know we carry because we don't advertise it. So quit painting with such a broad brush. Almost all of the crimes and shootings you read about are committed by criminals with illegal guns. Oh and as a rule we don't drink  and drive with open containers with our guns. Just sayin'.

Edited by Green Lightning
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Maybe, but he will miss games for sure and this is a really bad time to let down your team. Not that any time is good but this is the year we finally hope to put it all together.

How will he miss games for Reckless Driving. The NFL policy says two for DWI. But has to be found guilty. So if doesn’t have that charge how is he missing games?

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he's over .08 why would the DA plead down a slam dunk double Class A misdemeanor?

Does it all the time. Big donation. Then add the fines for the charge itself. 

like I said I have had 5 soldiers plead down to wet reckless in my years stationed in Texas without any big donation. Just using the diversion program