Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

Just now, MAJBobby said:

absolutely. The weapons charge is an Add on. In an open carry state only can be added on to another offense.  This case being the DWI. Once that DWI is pled down to the traffic offense (wet reckless) the weapon charge will be tossed. 

end of the day after all the talk as long as the Blood draw only shows alcohol. Oliver will have 

reckless driving and a Fine. 

Do you not have to prove you are the owner of that gun at the time are pulled over? That video doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy he doesn’t get DWI.  No one is fudging the results because he doesn’t play for the Texans or Cowboys. He isn’t getting that pled down as you say.

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Can’t get that warrant for a blood draw without him “failing” the field sobriety. 

Texas it is a matter of the cop saying under the influence other than alcohol. That is the probably cause for the blood draw. He will sit at Montgomery hospital for a couple hours waiting on the warrant 

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

2 is the minimum. Depends on whether the gun or the level of intoxication are such to be considered aggravating factors. If so more likely 4. But also much more likely from 2021 than 2020. 

If he has to get suspended, let’s hope it happens in 2121

1 minute ago, JimBob2232 said:

Honestly it’s refreshing to see a cop video where everyone seems to be behaving appropriately.  Not trying to be political - just something I noticed. 

also more to follow on the gun charge. Unlawful weapon - is at because it’s not registered, he was drunk, It was on display, or something else.  Seems it could be many things.  

any way you slice it this is an idiotic thing to do - and he needs to pay the price. But I’m not sure it’s as bad as it appears (it’s still very bad though).  Will change my mind when I hear his bac, any other substances in his system, and the actual gun offense. 

The gun charge is an add on for the DWI. Will get tossed watch 

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Stuff like this happens with young guys. Especially when they’re bored and the routine is messed up. It was a dumb move but I think some of y’all are being a little harsh. 
Easy to think you’re untouchable and on top of the world when you’re that young with that much money. We see guys doing dumb stuff all the time, at least he’s not in a Dunbar kinda situation 

It was dumb, but I’ve done worse in my youth. It is interesting how much certain people seem to enjoy things like this. He who is without sin cast the first stone. Hypocrisy abounds. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Do you not have to prove you are the owner of that gun at the time are pulled over? That video doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy he doesn’t get DWI.  No one is fudging the results because he doesn’t play for the Texans or Cowboys. He isn’t getting that pled down as you say.

no. Again the weapon charge is JUST because of the DWI. It is an add on. I walked around with a freaking AR never once get approached by cops as open carry. 

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really then why do the cops go after the mandatory blood draw?  Because he didn’t fail the FS test 

From what the video does show I can already tell you he at least failed the walk and turn test.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really then why do the cops go after the mandatory blood draw?  Because he didn’t fail the FS test 

Because they saw his name and Bills T-shirt and were smart enough to know it would be challenged by high price lawyers. I’m sure they were told to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They found a pistol when they searched the vehicle but I don't know, if it's registered I'd imagine that'd be fine in Texas.

There is no registration in most states outside of freedom lacking states like NY.   There is certainly not in Texas.  It might have been an illegal weapon is all I can think of 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The weapons charge would stick if he's over the limit BAL.  

maybe. Initially until it gets pled down to Reckless Driving like it will. Then the weapons charge goes away as it can’t be attached to a traffic offense. 

Just now, Locomark said:

Because they saw his name and Bills T-shirt and were smart enough to know it would be challenged by high price lawyers. I’m sure they were told to do it. 

He could have also said DRAW MY BLOOD. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Devilmann said:

Houston isn’t in Montgomery county that’s Harris county it’s close to Houston. It’s legal to carry a firearm but only if you have a license for it and just like everywhere else there is no open alcoholic containers

You don’t need a license to carry a firearm in your vehicle in Texas.   And yes it is very common.  Nothing to see here unless the gun was stolen or used in a crime. 

Just now, Conlan58 said:

So it makes him less of an idiot because it's down south? "But officer, we are down south."

Yeah, ok.

You are grossly misinterpreting what I said but I am glad I could the guy you need to find to be mad at this morning 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Texas it is a matter of the cop saying under the influence other than alcohol. That is the probably cause for the blood draw. He will sit at Montgomery hospital for a couple hours waiting on the warrant 

Right, but you gotta have evidence of that. That would have come in the form of evidence during the FSEs. It’s also possible that he refused the breath test, so that set the warrant for blood examination protocol into motion. We shall see.

I’m glad no one was hurt in the incident, and hopefully Ed learns the lesson. Sometimes the lessons learned the hard way are the lessons learned for a lifetime. Sometimes they aren’t..

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, offyourocker said:

You are grossly misinterpreting what I said but I am glad I could the guy you need to find to be mad at this morning 

No, not really. Anyone that drinks while driving is an idiot. You were trying to downplay what he did because it happened in the south. I'm sure it is common practice, but again - doesn't make the offenders any less of an idiot. 

• Like (+1) 1