Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

or was loking at his phone..cause ya know ditracted causes way more accidents and injuries these days than drunk driving, but its good to know every one  puts their phone in glove box when they get in their car!

It’s terrifying how many people are looking down at their phone while driving

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Or the beer in his lap shifted, or one of thousands of things happened. People swerve completely sober for many different reasons. I swerved 10 mins ago changing the radio 

True. But watching that video changed my mind. He couldn’t put one foot in front of the other. That not distraction.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

He was charged with unlawfully carrying a firearm. So you now know more about what constitutes Texas law than the 3 officers on the scene? It’s no different than driving without a license. Even if you left your license at home you don’t get a do over to go prove it later. Say he only had a concealed carry which would mean he would need to have his FOID card on him at the time. That could be a low charge but it’s going to stick.

absolutely. The weapons charge is an Add on. In an open carry state only can be added on to another offense.  This case being the DWI. Once that DWI is pled down to the traffic offense (wet reckless) the weapon charge will be tossed. 

end of the day after all the talk as long as the Blood draw only shows alcohol. Oliver will have 

reckless driving and a Fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is it legal in Texas to have an gun not registered or not registered to you? 

Yep Open Carry. I walked around with my AR whenever I wanted (not registered except on Post). 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well well well. The 1st real controversy for McDermott and Beane. Let's see how it's handled. 

In terms of on the field impact, we're actually probably ok there with the depth we have. 

Right.....

image.jpeg.e3de8e041be569420a034cdcfe52412b.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is it legal in Texas to have an gun not registered or not registered to you? 

Maybe the police got the serial number wrong, transposed a number or something

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep I think he will still earn it as long as he’s playing for the Bills. But if it gets to the point that he’s cut, he doesn’t get it. 

At least this protects the Bills if he does end up being a turd that can't get his act together. 

Really hope he does, though. 

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

True. But watching that video changed my mind. He couldn’t put one foot in front of the other. That not distraction.

Really then why do the cops go after the mandatory blood draw?  Because he didn’t fail the FS test 

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

He was called in by a citizen. People dont call in suspected impaired drivers over one swerve or drift. In my experience, the ones where the citizens call in are usually the worst driving patterns. 

EDIT: meant to quote the post you responded to! 

Edited by Sig1Hunter

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

or was loking at his phone..cause ya know distracted  driving causes way more accidents and injuries these days than drunk driving, but its good to know every one  puts their phone in glove box when they get in their car!

while I agree that there’s no reason to rush to crucify him... it seems you are going as far (if not much further) the other way for some reason. 

dude messed up. We will see how badly. Hopefully he learns from it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Really then why do the cops go after the mandatory blood draw?  Because he didn’t fail the FS test 

Can’t get that warrant for a blood draw without him “failing” the field sobriety. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The suspension probably happens in 2021 not 2020. He'll get 4 games in 2021.

He will get 2 max only if doesn’t plea. Out of the DWI. That is the suspension for a 1st time DWI. 

Honestly it’s refreshing to see a cop video where everyone seems to be behaving appropriately.  Not trying to be political - just something I noticed. 

also more to follow on the gun charge. Unlawful weapon - is at because it’s not registered, he was drunk, It was on display, or something else.  Seems it could be many things.  

any way you slice it this is an idiotic thing to do - and he needs to pay the price. But I’m not sure it’s as bad as it appears (it’s still very bad though).  Will change my mind when I hear his bac, any other substances in his system, and the actual gun offense. 

• Like (+1) 2