Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Yep swerving and being 290 lbs meant he had a whole bunch of beers and was driving home with the last one on his lap..it’s not like 6 pack takes a big guy like that down. I can’t wait for the “I had a medication reaction I wasn’t aware of excuse” and the “ gun was my uncles”

Reminds me of that guy who played for the Bills who got pulled over a few years ago during TC and had a whole case on him and was puking out the window... what was his name? It was the Marrone years. He came from the Pats I think?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not good.

The only thing that matter now imo is if it was just a mistake and he learns from it, or if he is just another moron incapable of coping with his life.

Let's all hope its the former. 

Edited by No_Matter_What
Grammar, though I have no idea if I actually corrected it or made worse :)
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

You know what, seeing the video with the quad tied up being trailered is a lot different than I thought when I first heard he was arrested for DUI. No to excuse drinking and driving but he appears to just be heading home from having fun somewhere and not being a drunk thug with a gun. To me that video explains a lot actually.

Yes the video shows he’s guilty. He can’t balance. So that’s operating 2 vehicles while drunk ? 

10 minutes ago, Process said:

And left it there when getting pulled over lol.

At minimum he is an absolute moron. I'd say it's more likely he was impaired by more than just alcohol.

and you know this how?

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

He might not get suspended this season.  Hopefully he does to get it out of the way and because of the games to start this season.

It was more than that.  He was swerving.

according to someone who is not named. I don't see anywhere where the cops said he was swerving.

10 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This seems super reckless. He was impaired, while driving a vehicle towing a dune buggy through a construction zone at about 8 pm at night. 

A lot of people could have been injured.  

must have missed that one too..where did you read the test results?

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

So, the guarantee gets voided, but he can still earn the salary, regardless, right? If that’s true, then we will have a highly motivated player upon his return. I like what I’ve seen from a motivated Oliver to this point. Losing his starting job last year lit a fire under his ass. 

Yep I think he will still earn it as long as he’s playing for the Bills. But if it gets to the point that he’s cut, he doesn’t get it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Yep swerving and being 290 lbs meant he had a whole bunch of beers and was driving home with the last one on his lap..it’s not like 6 pack takes a big guy like that down. I can’t wait for the “I had a medication reaction I wasn’t aware of excuse” and the “ gun was my uncles”

The Open Container - Legal since 2002 I believe meaning unchargable. 

weapon - Legal 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Yes the video shows he’s guilty. He can’t balance. So that’s operating 2 vehicles while drunk ? 

Is the video in this thread somewhere? I haven’t seen it yet

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Amazing that he was wearing his Bills shirt - the Pegulas are gonna love this.

Any publicity is good publicity? :cry:

Doesnt look that intoxicated to me.   Looks like he was out for the day riding an ATV and was headed home. 

Could explain why he had a weapon (in the woods)  and why he was drinking (thats what you do when riding in the woods.)

Guess we will have to wait for blood results and an explanation, but this whole situation sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Guess we will have to wait for blood results and an explanation, but this whole situation sucks. 

what are you crazy! Why wait for test results. We have already concluded he is a malingerer, low character guy , who is clearly a bane on socity as a whole, and the Bills in specific. After all, it's on the internet y'all! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Or the beer in his lap shifted, or one of thousands of things happened. People swerve completely sober for many different reasons. I swerved 10 mins ago changing the radio 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Doesnt look that intoxicated to me.   Looks like he was out for the day riding an ATV and was headed home. 

Could explain why he had a weapon (in the woods)  and why he was drinking (thats what you do when riding in the woods.)

I think the Gun charge will be tossed and depending on the Blood results might get his DUI or DWI charge. (Likely will plead to a different offense) that doesn’t trigger a Suspension (Wet Reckless - meaning reckless driving) and it will all be over 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Or the beer in his lap shifted, or one of thousands of things happened. People swerve completely sober for many different reasons. I swerved 10 mins ago changing the radio 

or was loking at his phone..cause ya know distracted  driving causes way more accidents and injuries these days than drunk driving, but its good to know every one  puts their phone in glove box when they get in their car!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Open Container - Legal since 2002 I believe meaning unchargable. 

weapon - Legal 

He was charged with unlawfully carrying a firearm. So you now know more about what constitutes Texas law than the 3 officers on the scene? It’s no different than driving without a license. Even if you left your license at home you don’t get a do over to go prove it later. Say he only had a concealed carry which would mean he would need to have his FOID card on him at the time. That could be a low charge but it’s going to stick.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think the Gun charge will be tossed and depending on the Blood results might get his DUI or DWI charge. (Likely will plead to a different offense) that doesn’t trigger a Suspension (Wet Reckless - meaning reckless driving) and it will all be over 

Is it legal in Texas to have an gun not registered or not registered to you?