Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If the gun charge is tossed and he wasn't extremely drunk (didn't look extreme on the video but hard to tell) then we are talking two games.

The key thing here is the blood results. Anything in his system other than alcohol and he’s toast.

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

not for me. Made a mistake if he was over the limit..i have made prolly well over a 1000 in my lifetime.

And has it been reported anywhere what his test reulkts were? I mean we have him guilty as charged here...i assume we have proof of his trangressions ? Sure as hjell that video did not suppport that he was intoxicated from whet we can see.

he had an open beer between his legs. 

I didn’t saying was unforgivable. I said it was immature and showed bad judgement in the situation. Hopefully he learns the lesson, even if a harder way than most do, and buttons up his behavior a little more.

• Like (+1) 1

This reminds me of Bruce Smith testing positive before the 1988 season and missing 4 games.

Straighten your act up, Ed. You're a millionaire and can afford having your drunk ass transported from point A to point B.

No going to crucify him but I hope he learns from this.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Hmmm.  Missing 2 games in favor of $6.8M in cap relief...

It isn't cap relief. It just voids the guarantee. So he will still be due that money but the Bills could cut him and not be on the hook for it. That only becomes a possibility if he continues to get in trouble. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Way to go Ed. Thanks for adding a handicap to a season where we are the favorites. BRING BACK KYLE!!!!

He might not get suspended this season.  Hopefully he does to get it out of the way and because of the games to start this season.

Just now, NoSaint said:

I didn’t saying was unforgivable. I said it was immature and showed bad judgement in the situation. Hopefully he learns the lesson, even if a harder way than most do, and buttons up his behavior a little more.

It was more than that.  He was swerving.

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It likely was an add on but that’s probably because they needed to do something with the gun and couldn’t just leave it in the car they just had towed

It was an add on. Just read. They will charge it when another act is committed so the DUI allows a weapon charge add on (will be tossed)

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I hope he learns from this but it’s is a huge red flag on his thought process and a terrible look. He could have killed someone, I have no sympathy for people who drive drunk. I did stupid things at his age and looking back I can’t believe I was that person. So o won’t pass permanent judgment on him but he deserves the punishment he gets regardless of whether it hurts my team. Probably the worst thing would be if he got off completely because it could enable him to continue to be stupid. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If the gun charge is tossed and he wasn't extremely drunk (didn't look extreme on the video but hard to tell) then we are talking two games.

One game is the first time offenders DUI suspension IF found legally liable 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It isn't cap relief. It just voids the guarantee. So he will still be due that money but the Bills could cut him and not be on the hook for it. That only becomes a possibility if he continues to get in trouble. 

Oh, I read it as the money is no longer due to him.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ouch. So stupid in so many different ways.

So, the guarantee gets voided, but he can still earn the salary, regardless, right? If that’s true, then we will have a highly motivated player upon his return. I like what I’ve seen from a motivated Oliver to this point. Losing his starting job last year lit a fire under his ass. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope he learns from this but it’s is a huge red flag on his thought process and a terrible look. He could have killed someone, I have no sympathy for people who drive drunk. I did stupid things at his age and looking back I can’t believe I was that person. So o won’t pass permanent judgment on him but he deserves the punishment he gets regardless of whether it hurts my team. Probably the worst thing would be if he got off completely because it could enable him to continue to be stupid. 

Some of these guys are so incredibly stupid.  The amount of money they piss away because of a lack of discipline and a sense of entitlement is staggering.

New York Giants:  “Plaxico, we’ll give you $50 million dollars, all you have to do is not shoot yourself in the leg.”

Plaxico Burress:  “Hold my beer.”

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/buffalo-bills-defensive-tacle-busted-fordwi-by-montgomery-county/

BUFFALO BILLS DEFENSIVE TACKLE BUSTED FOR DWI BY MONTGOMERY COUNTY

Posted by Scott Engle
Date: May 17 2020, 3:16 am

IMG_0425-765x510.jpg

Just before 9 pm a motorist called 911 and reported a white Ford Superduty pickup pulling a trailer with a “dune buggy” on it. The driver reported they were westbound in the construction area of State Highway 242, between I-69 and FM 1485. They stated the driver of the truck was failing to maintain a lane and driving dangerously in the 45 mph construction zone. A Montgomery County Sheriff’s Deputy was able to locate the vehicle and stop it on SH 242 near FM 1485. He then requested a DWI Certified Officer to the scene. The driver of the vehicle did have an open beer between his legs and appeared nervous. A Montgomery County Precinct 4 DWI Certified Deputy responded to the scene and performed a field sobriety test. He determined that the driver was impaired but by possibly something besides alcohol. The driver who is identified as Ed Oliver Jr., a Defensive Tackle for the Buffalo Bills and former player for the University of Houston. He was transported to Kingwood Hospital for a mandatory blood draw and then transported to the Montgomery County Jail where charges of driving while intoxicated were filed in addition charges of unlawfully carrying a weapon were filed. A search of his vehicle discovered a pistol but no drugs.

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

What a world we live in that we can actually see the arrest hours after it’s happened...

You know what, seeing the video with the quad tied up being trailered is a lot different than I thought when I first heard he was arrested for DUI. No to excuse drinking and driving but he appears to just be heading home from having fun somewhere and not being a drunk thug with a gun. To me that video explains a lot actually.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He might not get suspended this season.  Hopefully he does to get it out of the way and because of the games to start this season.

It was more than that.  He was swerving.

Yep swerving and being 290 lbs meant he had a whole bunch of beers and was driving home with the last one on his lap..it’s not like 6 pack takes a big guy like that down. I can’t wait for the “I had a medication reaction I wasn’t aware of excuse” and the “ gun was my uncles”