Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

In some states, open container = dwi.

You’d have to show that one to me. If it is, maybe the stupidest law in the books in the country. 

Its dumb that he felt he should get behind the wheel.  Here in missouri you can have an open container as long as your are not the one driving.  Passengers can drink as long as the driver isnt.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re also definitely basing things off of stats... because if you watch his technique and noticed how disruptive he was... you wouldn’t be making this comment. 

How could I forget the ever elusive pass rush win rate?

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not sure 2 is accurate. He didn't exactly light the world on fire last season.

He played really well. You are so wrong on him. 

That said, no defence of this stupidity. He will likely get a small suspension and he deserves it. 

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He played really well. You are so wrong on him. 

That said, no defence of this stupidity. He will likely get a small suspension and he deserves it. 

Joe’s hated Oliver since day 1 but will jump down anyone’s throat for criticizing Allen.

Probably misses the first 4 games for this

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

How bad can this be?  Let's think about it.  This isn't nearly as bad as DeAndre Baker

He got arrested in Texas where they have the most lax gun laws, so if the gun is registered to him, that's perfectly legal

The DWI wouldn't be the first player in NFL to get one and how much over the limit was he?

Id try to see more details before judging the guy especially find out if the gun was his because if it was and you're in texas that charge will be dropped guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

It's so sad how stupid people can be. I'm glad we brought in quite a lot of defensive lineman seeing as this dumbass will most likely be suspended for part of the season. 

Maybe this saves Murphy's job? If Phillips returns, plus the additions of Jefferson and Epenesa,Bills could weather this

The good news is that he wasn`t involved in an accident where someone was hurt.

The bad news is that he should know better.

I am calling 4 games from the league.

I hope he gets at least 200 hours of community service from the courts(that should keep him busy)

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

How bad can this be?  Let's think about it.  This isn't nearly as bad as DeAndre Baker

He got arrested in Texas where they have the most lax gun laws, so if the gun is registered to him, that's perfectly legal

The DWI wouldn't be the first player in NFL to get one and how much over the limit was he?

Id try to see more details before judging the guy especially find out if the gun was his because if it was and you're in texas that charge will be dropped guaranteed.

The league may not care how much over the limit he was. He’s still probably going to be suspended.

It also doesn’t matter if the gun was legally his, he was in possession of it while committing a crime. Hence the additional gun charge.

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Adamb412 said:

In terms of suspension the NFL minimum is 2 games. Jets tight end Chris Herndon got one last year that was 4 games because he was so far over the limit. So how drunk he was will matter. 

Also worth saying Herndon's suspension for the first 4 games of 2019 related to an incident from 2018. Very unlikely Ed's suspension is in 2020. Generally NFL will not commence an investigation until any due legal process is concluded. Much more likely he misses the first 4 games of 2021.

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

I can see how this happened. Good old boy in TX, heading out with some buddies to ride four wheelers, drink some beers. This sucks. 

You can get a DWI riding your rec vehicles or boat.

The beer should come after the fun and at your final destination for the day. 

31 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I made mistakes too, and it had everything to do with me being undisciplined and unprincipled. Of course he'll get a chance to redeem himself, and I hope he'll be ready to maximize it and grow from this experience.

Sounds like you were a menace. Did you learn and become a contributing member to society? 

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

What a load of BS this is. 

#1) he is charged , not convicted. 

#2) young people make mistakes all the time, sure as hell know I did. Good to know you are being canonized for your exampler life in your early 20’s 

has nothing to do with his work efforts,  integrity  etc.  just an awful leap. 

he was driving with a beer between his legs. 

I think it’s fair to raise a few red flags on maturity/judgement 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

First time DUI without aggravating circumstances is 2 game suspension.  I don't know if the gun violation will add more.

Good point the gun issue could add more. How drunk he is does too. If he hits the NFL's extreme intoxication limit the general punishment is 4 games.