Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Give me a break. This is absolutely a testament to his character. Guys with great work ethic, integrity, and discipline do not have this happen to them, period.

What a load of BS this is. 

#1) he is charged , not convicted. 

#2) young people make mistakes all the time, sure as hell know I did. Good to know you are being canonized for your exampler life in your early 20’s 

has nothing to do with his work efforts,  integrity  etc.  just an awful leap. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Many cops will tell you to go right home if they catch you or to get a Uber. When I was 19 I got stopped and a cop told me to go right home, he was cool about it. From their POV though they’re trying to see if there’s any hard drugs in the car, so if they catch someone driving under the influence their main course of action is trying to find heroin, meth, pills etc. I’m kind of torn on this because some folks can only sober up if they’re in jail for 6 months on drug charges. Most DWIs will get reduced to a DUI if only alcohol is involved. Once again though they’re mainly trying to find the hard stuff.

My main course of action when I find someone driving while intoxicated isn’t to find the hard drugs. Its to stop someone from driving drunk. Finding drugs or anything else is just an added bonus.

Your generalized statements about a cops approach to this stuff is way off.

Also, saying most DWIs get reduced to DUI if only alcohol is involved is pretty bad advice. Not sure what state you’re in bud.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

What a load of BS this is. 

#1) he is charged , not convicted. 

#2) young people make mistakes all the time, sure as hell know I did. Good to know you are being canonized for your exampler life in your early 20’s 

has nothing to do with his work efforts,  integrity  etc.  just an awful leap. 

I made mistakes too, and it had everything to do with me being undisciplined and unprincipled. Of course he'll get a chance to redeem himself, and I hope he'll be ready to maximize it and grow from this experience.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

"He determined that the driver was impaired but by possibly something besides alcohol."

So with the blood draw and the gun that they found I don't know it's registered if it's fine or not but I guess we'll see how this all turns out.

Doesn't look great.

Gun is probably legal. It is illegal to carry a firearm while under the influence in texas.

Also in texas you can travel with a handgun in a vehicle without a handgun license if the holder owns the owns the gun.

Most likely he is in trouble because of the first one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This sucks. Fwiw, Bills greatest defensive player of all time was suspended for cocaine (if memory serves) and that was a few years into his career, and still had a HoF career with team. Hopefully this is a blip/wake up call for Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Should have stayed on his horse.

Nobody would have questioned it.

Good thing he wasn't wearing his other shirt.

image.png.3d66770ebbe47257ce5ce471263c1af1.png

Bill O'Brien planted the evidence anyway, wait till all the facts are in.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

And get absolutely nothing in return

To be fair, you did get to O’Reilly hoist the Cup. As a Blues fan, I appreciate the terrible decisions of the Sabres front office.

• Sad 1

I see a lot of debate about a mistake being understandable, because he’s a young guy. I agree, but there is also a point where you need to understand what you have to lose. Oliver has way more than the typical 23 year old. I don’t understand why so many guys cruise the streets of their hometowns, often drunk and high with firearms to protect themselves from their old adversaries on the streets. Nothing wrong with responsible drinking or firearm ownership, but take your millions of dollars, stay away from the streets of home, and find some decent people to chill in your mansion with. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not sure 2 is accurate. He didn't exactly light the world on fire last season.

We could turn this into a debate on ability too... if you’re judging a guy off of 1 season you’re definitely jumping to conclusions. 

You’re also definitely basing things off of stats... because if you watch his technique and noticed how disruptive he was... you wouldn’t be making this comment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think if you are driving, and impaired over the legal limit , should be punished to full extent of the law. No leniency, as I believe Oliver should be. No debate on that one iota. 

Sure there's a debate about it. Or there used to be before MADD turned everyone blowing more than Lavoris into baby-killing Satan. I grew up when cops took hazardous drivers off the road for being hazardous, no matter what the reason. A random millennial with a cell phone is odds-on to be more of a hazard than me after a couple malt pops. An arbitrary limit is nonsense; people are different. And don't get me started on checkpoints which somehow passed Constitutional muster.

Contrasted to the realm of Buffalo sports DWIs only, this thread is rife with laughable overreactions. But please go ahead and cut bait with a 9OA over it.

• Like (+1) 1