Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

Well this is not something I wanted to wake up to on a Sunday morning.

Hopefully this is a turning point and a good life lesson for Ed.

Also if there is one position on the entire team the Bills are extremely deep at it is D tackle. This will be helpful if the Commish gives him a couple games off. If it was just a DWI maybe not much time off, but the gun is an entire other story. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Then you're obviously not too bright, either. Whether or not it's a dumb law is meaningless. It's the law.

And I have never once had an issue or been cited for it. Just a heads up, I speed to, all the time, and that prolly way more dangerous than having a beer as I drive. 

glad to know you follow all “‘laws”’to T! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

And I have never once had an issue or been cited for it. Just a heads up, I speed to, all the time, and that prolly way more dangerous than having a beer as I drive. 

Ha. Of course not. But obeying the low hanging fruit to avoid potential interaction with Yahoo law enforcement seems to me to be a no brainer.

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I drive with an open container all the time, and I am 57. It’s a dumb law.  

I don't, but know plenty who do.  I got stopped in my 40's after a work "event."  I'd had a couple pops.  I blew right at the limit, but there was a discrepancy with the print out.  Something very inconsequential like 0.080 to 0.08.  Spent a few hours in the pen waiting after I called my wife.  Long story short, because of the very minor discrepancy the charge was changed to reckless driving (I didn't signal a lane change on the freeway).  That was enough of a wake up call for me.  No roadies here and if I drink more than two I don't drive.

Maybe this is Oliver's wake up.  I was skeptical of the pick but now that he's ours I take no pleasure in seeing him, or anyone else screw up.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you can't not drink while driving, you may have a problem. 

People who act like drinking alcohol while driving is ok or normal need help. I'm not saying 1 or 2 gets would impair most people, but if it's against the law, and could impair you and you still feel like you need to, it's a problem.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Not an advertisement, but these folks seem to lay out the Texas open container law for anyone interested.

https://www.dwi-texas.com/blog/2018/february/open-container-law-texas/

Texas law is moot ( thanks @JoPoy88for the correction) Didnt this happen in Montgomery County NY? Or am I misunderstanding that the gun was unregistered.

Edited by fansince88
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ha. Of course not. But obeying the low hanging fruit to avoid potential interaction with Yahoo law enforcement seems to me to be a no brainer.

Well, o have had my license since 78, never been cited for an open container. 

now I gots big problem with driving while drunk , that rightly is and should be strictly enforced. I just don’t understand why if I have 3 beers in a bar, get in a car and drive home that is somehow okay, but if I have a beer as I am driving to the Home Depot and back it is somehow illegal, and worse to some people immoral. It’s a dumb law. What matters is how much I drink, not where I drink it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I don't, but know plenty who do.  I got stopped in my 40's after a work "event."  I'd had a couple pops.  I blew right at the limit, but there was a discrepancy with the print out.  Something very inconsequential like 0.080 to 0.08.  Spent a few hours in the pen waiting after I called my wife.  Long story short, because of the very minor discrepancy the charge was changed to reckless driving (I didn't signal a lane change on the freeway).  That was enough of a wake up call for me.  No roadies here and if I drink more than two I don't drive.

Maybe this is Oliver's wake up.  I was skeptical of the pick but now that he's ours I take no pleasure in seeing him, or anyone else screw up.

Yep, agree should never drive drunk. 

9 minutes ago, cle23 said:

If you can't not drink while driving, you may have a problem. 

People who act like drinking alcohol while driving is ok or normal need help. I'm not saying 1 or 2 gets would impair most people, but if it's against the law, and could impair you and you still feel like you need to, it's a problem.

Did I say I have a beer every time I get in a car?

Good to know that we have banned all people driving from a restaurant and bar if they have had a drink. I think that law where they take your keys when you have had a beer was the right choice. 

Good to know they do the same thing at the Bills game. 

Edited by plenzmd1

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Wow. Do you text while speeding with an open beer too?

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Wow. Do you text while speeding with an open beer too?

Well, there were times when I was 23 where I prolly had a beer in one hand, a Marlboro Red in another hand, and had to drive and shift too! But that was way before phones. ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1