Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

I was 23 once too. I get it. I’m not ready to crucify the guy but somebody should aware him on what drugs and alcohol can do to your life. I have 3 years sober on the 19th, wish I never touched the stuff at all. Can be the difference between him getting the veteran minimum with his next contract or him making $20 million a year, choice is his to make. 

• Like (+1) 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

And there was a big debate on this board and some of us got shredded for pointing out that it was an issue.

How in the he’ll is that an issue? Did you see him have any issue with coaches or teammates last year? Dude “ possibly”’made a mistake.  It sucks if he did, it is not a testament to his character.  Sure glad you have never made a mistake. 

Surprised they took blood, not surprised if he refused a breathalyzer . I was stopped about 6 years ago for speeding , had a roadie open , did all my tests perfectly . They said let’s do a breathalyzer just to be sure. Told em go take a flying leap. They had no basis to believe I was impaired. I would never take a breathalyzer , especially if I was a young black man. 

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"He determined that the driver was impaired but by possibly something besides alcohol."

So with the blood draw and the gun that they found I don't know it's registered if it's fine or not but I guess we'll see how this all turns out.

Doesn't look great.

I did not see that quote. Is there another article , I only saw the PFT blog. Thx !

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I was 23 once too. I get it. I’m not ready to crucify the guy but somebody should aware him on what drugs and alcohol can do to your life. I have 3 years sober on the 19th, wish I never touched the stuff at all. Can be the difference between him getting the veteran minimum with his next contract or him making $20 million a year, choice is his to make. 

Congratulations on your sobriety. Still, this idiot is a grown man, not a child 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Houston isn’t in Montgomery county that’s Harris county it’s close to Houston. It’s legal to carry a firearm but only if you have a license for it and just like everywhere else there is no open alcoholic containers

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Devilmann said:

Houston isn’t in Montgomery county that’s Harris county it’s close to Houston. It’s legal to carry a firearm but only if you have a license for it and just like everywhere else there is no open alcoholic containers

Open container is WAY different than DWI

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Congratulations on your sobriety. Still, this idiot is a grown man, not a child 

Thank you much, sir. I appreciate that. He’s still a kid in many ways to me, 23 is still quite young, he’s still a baby mentally. Once again, somebody should tap him on the shoulder and let him know, hey, do you want to make veteran minimum or maybe get a $100 million dollar contract? Alcohol and drugs will rob this man of his potential. Alcohol goes down smoothly but it bites like a serpent.

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Thank you much, sir. I appreciate that. He’s still a kid in many ways to me, 23 is still quite young, he’s still a baby mentally. Once again, somebody should tap him on the shoulder and let him know, hey, do you want to make veteran minimum or maybe get a $100 million dollar contract? Alcohol and drugs will rob this man of his potential. Alcohol goes down smoothly but it bites like a serpent.

By 23, I'd completed an enlistment, been married and divorced, and was nearly into the civilian workforce. We dote on people too much these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

By 23, I'd completed an enlistment, been married and divorced, and was nearly into the civilian workforce. We dote on people too much these days. 

So you made a mistake in a life choice by 23 , and this dude should be ostracized because he had a lapse in judgement?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 4

In a normal year, he would be in Buffalo for OTAs and workouts.  He will pay a price for this and hopefully use it as a lesson. Just dumb....at least he didn't harm anyone else or himself.

Edited by JoeF

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So you made a mistake in a life choice by 23 , and this dude should be ostracized because he had a lapse in judgement?

Point is, dude should know better than to drive with an open container, man. Don't be obtuse. He's a grown man and should be held accountable for his stupidity.

Edit: I paid a price for my mistake. Why? Because I was an adult and mistakes have consequences.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Point is, dude should know better than to drive with an open container, man. Don't be obtuse. He's a grown man and should be held accountable for his stupidity.

I drive with an open container all the time, and I am 57. It’s a dumb law.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1