RIP Phyllis George Former Member of the NFL Today and Former First Lady of Kentucky

8 hours ago, ColeB said:

I believe his first name is Brent.

Also, don’t forget the great Jimmy the Greek.

I was at the bar standing about ten feet away when Jimmy punched Musburger. It was a Sunday night after their show.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Phyllis George had to endure some of the most vicious sexual harassment ever from her male colleagues at CBS.  For that she is to be commended, as she clearly was a trailblazer for female sports correspondents.  Her husband?  Not so much.  He destroyed the Braves and my youth.  RIP Phyllis George. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Phyllis George had to endure some of the most vicious sexual harassment ever from her male colleagues at CBS.  For that she is to be commended, as she clearly was a trailblazer for female sports correspondents.  Her husband?  Not so much.  He destroyed the Braves and my youth.  RIP Phyllis George. 

I echo your sentiments, FredEx.  I was as big a Braves fan as they come (as evidenced by my 2ForMacAdoo name). Dad shared season tickets with 3 other families so we essentially went to 10 home games a year. I was scarred for life when the Braves were moved (and have feared ever since that the same fate would befall the Bills). I cannot stomach even the name John Y Brown. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I echo your sentiments, FredEx.  I was as big a Braves fan as they come (as evidenced by my 2ForMacAdoo name). Dad shared season tickets with 3 other families so we essentially went to 10 home games a year. I was scarred for life when the Braves were moved (and have feared ever since that the same fate would befall the Bills). I cannot stomach even the name John Y Brown. 

Here's an article that exposes ALL the villains.  John Y Brown was just the last in the list.  Believe it or not, Canisius actually had a huge hand in why the Braves left.

https://buffalonews.com/2016/04/22/braves-came-buffalo-left/

Edited by Freddie's Dead

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Here's an article that exposes ALL the villains.  John Y Brown was just the last in the list.  Believe it or not, Canisius actually had a huge hand in why the Braves left.

https://buffalonews.com/2016/04/22/braves-came-buffalo-left/

I've read that before, what a travesty. Nobody ever gave a ***** about Canisius unless there were playing a good Niagara or St. Bonaventure team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I think Brent Musberger is a living legend in the Sports Broadcasting Industry.  An all time great, with humor, knowledge, and enthusiasm.

Well, OK. To each their own.

All I know is, during the NCAA basketball finals in 1990 I was saying (loudly as it turns out) Brent needs to be fired, at the restaurant across the way from CBS in LA.  He was becoming increasingly God awful at calling the games and it was pissing me off.  I thought he was fired on the Tuesday after the final game, and always felt a little guilty--as if my anti-Brent tirade might have had something to do with it. As it turned out, he was told before the game, so I had nothing to do with it. I could enjoy the result, guilt-free.

14 hours ago, Rico said:

I've read that before, what a travesty. Nobody ever gave a ***** about Canisius unless there were playing a good Niagara or St. Bonaventure team.

That's a solid article, but I have to say the last sentence completely undermines the article's efforts to portray Paul Snyder as anything but an #######. 

22 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brent calls the Raiders games on their radio broadcast.  I'm guessing he'll stay on since he lives in Las Vegas & was commuting to broadcast the games in Oakland.  

I would have never guessed that he lives in Vegas , my man casually throws out betting lines during his broadcasts ?

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 5/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I would have never guessed that he lives in Vegas , my man casually throws out betting lines during his broadcasts ?

Brent does the drive-time show on the Vegas Sports and Information Network (VSIN), available on Sirius XM.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:34 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

I think Brent Musberger is a living legend in the Sports Broadcasting Industry.  An all time great, with humor, knowledge, and enthusiasm.

You're looking live....

There you go.  Almost brings me chills.  I think they should have Brent do Monday Nite Football with Louis Riddick and Kurt Warner as analysts.  He is still excellent broadcasting in his unique way.  I hated Joe Tessitore.  My God I found him annoying.  Tries to make every game the Super Bowl.  Just give basic play by play and let the game speak for itself.  

25 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

There you go.  Almost brings me chills.  I think they should have Brent do Monday Nite Football with Louis Riddick and Kurt Warner as analysts.  He is still excellent broadcasting in his unique way.  I hated Joe Tessitore.  My God I found him annoying.  Tries to make every game the Super Bowl.  Just give basic play by play and let the game speak for itself.  

Tessitore is awful. I'm not sure Brent is an upgrade, though.