Teams can Begin to Reopen Facilities

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who knows.. all these “what-ifs”... that can’t be what prevents us from moving forward.  The Southeast has been re-opening for weeks now and is doing ok.  

No fans certainly is not ideal, but it would be better than no season. 

Fans or nothing. Football without fans is basically practice.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"NFL teams can begin reopening their facilities on Tuesday if state and local governments will allow it."

So....not really.

Most states are opening...including NY. While they all may not be open on that date, it is a good indicator in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bundesliga has officially re-started.  

First big team-sport domino to fall...

You beat me to it! Just watched the end of the first game. No fans but the players are out there. Here we go people! Game on!

On 5/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We all knew they'd reopen. We know they can play games without fans. What we don't know is what happens in the fall. Will they remain open during the predicted 2nd wave? Will fans ever be able to attend games?

I don't know why anyone is excited to start a season without fans. Fans are so important to football. Home field means so much in football. 

Because I like watching football? 

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Most states are opening...including NY. While they all may not be open on that date, it is a good indicator in my opinion. 

It's up to the Governor, as I said.  And Cuomo say Erie Co is not reopening.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

OBD will not be part of this until WNY meets the criteria for NYS Phase 1 requirements. At the earliest, the end of May.  

Medical facilities in NY are open yet the Bills treatment facility is not open despite the NFL ruling a player may go to a team facility if the player is undergoing medical treatment or rehabbing an injury. Is that fair to the Bills for NY to deny them essential business status?

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

t's really up to the people.  If everyone ignores him and refuses then what can he do?

This was not intended to be a political thread. It’s about the NFL having a plan to open. 

Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 2

I posted how Florida was open to host teams  in lockdown yesterday and was downvoted and deleted. Hopefully the Billls can rehab some old injuries at least. OUR Bills need pre season assessment done and cannot sit around while other teams are doing the same. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fires said:

I posted how Florida was open to host teams  in lockdown yesterday and was downvoted and deleted. Hopefully the Billls can rehab some old injuries at least. OUR Bills need pre season assessment done and cannot sit around while other teams are doing the same. Go Bills!

I’m not sure about the first part but I agree about the need of a preseason. Thankfully, Josh has been connecting with other skill position players. 

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Old people need to stay home. This won’t impact the players but it will impact some of the coaching staff. I’m not sure who the oldest Bills positional coach is. Leslie Frazier?

I would say the highest risk guy is Daboll.  When an OLman refers to your “fat face” filling up his FaceTime screen .....

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Ok...Huh?

In a memo sent to the 32 teams Friday by Commissioner Roger Goodell and obtained by The Associated Press, he stressed that the clubs must be “in compliance with any additional public health requirements in their jurisdiction, and have implemented the protocols that were developed by (league medical officer) Dr. (Allen) Sills and distributed to all clubs on May 6.”. 

My point is that restaurants can’t even meet compliance with public health requirements in my jurisdiction, even though protocols are mapped out. It’s up to each business to follow and enforce the protocols. You think each team will adhere to these guidelines? Doubtful 

23 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Downvoted and deleted?? Please tell more Fires. must have missed this. 

Great move by FL. 

I looked and the topic was moved to the ppp forum. I wasn't meaning it to be political. Just pointing out that Florida is open to sports teams, and consider them essential services. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not sure about the first part but I agree about the need of a preseason. Thankfully, Josh has been connecting with other skill position players. 

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

TD- It’s funny you bring this up as it reminded me of a conversation this week on Movin The Cains (NFLR).  Kirwan stated we’ll see now that players have an opportunity to get together in AZ or FL and shows initiative.  He went as far to say not just the QB’s and WRs, but also Lineman and all of the other units.  I liked how he basically challenged leaders on the teams stating we’ll see who steps up as the coaches aren’t allowed to say anything.  I loved it and there are remote areas in FL like Ormond Beach away from the larger cities where there are large fields.  I hope Edmunds, Hyde, Hughes, Dawkins, and others were listening.  The other thing is Gyms are opening at 50% occupancy tomorrow so they can workout as well as work on their playbook.  Those who are the most prepared will come out of the gates fast this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Fires said:

I looked and the topic was moved to the ppp forum. I wasn't meaning it to be political. Just pointing out that Florida is open to sports teams, and consider them essential services. 

Thanks Fires. 

Tough to separate sports news and covid these days. Seems too tempting for some not to jump in with a political comment.  PPP is the place for folks to debate and there are some good ones there. 

Edited by Bockeye

I heard something crazy but I cannot confirm if it is true. I heard the military is not letting anyone who has had Covid 19 enlist. I can only assume if this is true that is does permanent damage to your lungs that might be degenerative. If a player got this during the season or in practice you are going to see multi million dollar lawsuits fly.

20 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I heard something crazy but I cannot confirm if it is true. I heard the military is not letting anyone who has had Covid 19 enlist. I can only assume if this is true that is does permanent damage to your lungs that might be degenerative. If a player got this during the season or in practice you are going to see multi million dollar lawsuits fly.

I don’t know about the military portion but the lung damage portion has absolutely been reported. That’s a very valid point...glad you brought it up. 

It will be interesting to see if the NFLPA reacts to all of this. And then, if players get it and can’t play anymore, how will the NFL allow those teams to compensate for the loss of players...and how will it impact the cap?