Teams can Begin to Reopen Facilities

27 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

https://apnews.com/990f1c5b63606d213fb4e0c30334f29f

This is a promising sign. While I doubt we’ll have a ‘normal’ season, hopefully we have some type of season. 

Pretty arbitrary and when they are just made up stuff. How is 75 a magic number?  It depends on size of facility, how it is subdivided, etc. 

—Until further notice from the NFL, teams may have no more than 50% of their staff in the facility, not to exceed 75 people. If a club wants to deploy staff to more than one location, all locations must implement the same health and safety protocols, and the combined number of employees at all locations can’t exceed 75.

Need to start looking at rules like Billicheat and find holes.  When called on it say "I misunderstood" unless there are no consequences say "I am sorry" and just alter plans slightly. 

Employees is a legal definition.  Change some from employees to contractors (like cleaning staff) and they do not count.

A number of employees will work from home like they have been.  One day a week have people working at facility work from home so those working at home can go to office for meetings. 

Implement shifts and have some work days and some work later shift.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

https://apnews.com/990f1c5b63606d213fb4e0c30334f29f

This is a promising sign. While I doubt we’ll have a ‘normal’ season, hopefully we have some type of season. 

Thanks TD.  At least it’s a first step.  We’ll be lucky to have training camp in July.  I agree it is a gues we might have a season, but can’t believe we’ll have fans, even at 25%.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

eed to start looking at rules like Billicheat and find holes.  When called on it say "I misunderstood" unless there are no consequences say "I am sorry" and just alter plans slightly. 

Employees is a legal definition.  Change some from employees to contractors (like cleaning staff) and they do not count.

A number of employees will work from home like they have been.  One day a week have people working at facility work from home so those working at home can go to office for meetings. 

Implement shifts and have some work days and some work later shift

I see what you’re saying but as this phase includes no coaches, I don’t see it as a major issue, honestly. 

In addition, there is value in ‘playing by the rules’ in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

I see what you’re saying but as this phase includes no coaches, I don’t see it as a major issue, honestly. 

Coaches are at facility during this phase developing playbooks, etc but probably can be part of employees going in once a week.

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Pretty arbitrary and when they are just made up stuff. How is 75 a magic number?  It depends on size of facility, how it is subdivided, etc. 

Need to start looking at rules like Billicheat and find holes.  When called on it say "I misunderstood" unless there are no consequences say "I am sorry" and just alter plans slightly. 

Implement shifts and have some work days and some work later shift.

You can bet your backside that employees means anyone your company hires to be in the building, be it hiring contractors or direct hires. No way around that. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Agree, advocating an organization wide systematic cheating scheme is not something to aspire too. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Old people need to stay home. This won’t impact the players but it will impact some of the coaching staff. I’m not sure who the oldest Bills positional coach is. Leslie Frazier?

Leslie Frazier is in great physical condition. He will most likely be fine if he caught it.

I wonder if California teams will even be able to operate with the clown show they have running things out there.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Leslie Frazier is in great physical condition. He will most likely be fine if he caught it.

I wonder if California teams will even be able to operate with the clown show they have running things out there.

It will be interesting. Pressure is starting to mount everywhere. Last time I checked there was virtually NOBODY even in a hospital anywhere in Northern California with Covid 19. Los Angeles is the only county with any significant numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Coaches are at facility during this phase developing playbooks, etc but probably can be part of employees going in once a week.

From the article and Goodells letter: “No members of the coaching staff can return to the facility under the first phase of reopening. “This is important to ensure equity among all 32 clubs,” Goodell wrote.”

We all knew they'd reopen. We know they can play games without fans. What we don't know is what happens in the fall. Will they remain open during the predicted 2nd wave? Will fans ever be able to attend games?

I don't know why anyone is excited to start a season without fans. Fans are so important to football. Home field means so much in football. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We all knew they'd reopen. We know they can play games without fans. What we don't know is what happens in the fall. Will they remain open during the predicted 2nd wave? Will fans ever be able to attend games?

I don't know why anyone is excited to start a season without fans. Fans are so important to football. Home field means so much in football. 

Who knows.. all these “what-ifs”... that can’t be what prevents us from moving forward.  The Southeast has been re-opening for weeks now and is doing ok.  

No fans certainly is not ideal, but it would be better than no season. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm assuming that with players the league is going to enforce a common policy across the league so no team can gain an advantage over other teams (Buffalo) with a hyper careful state government.