Who will win starting jobs at these positions?

What will be the most competitive position for a starting job this year?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. For RB, who will get more carries?

• Singletary
    • Moss
  2. 2. For DE, who will play the most snaps?

• Addison
    • Murphy
    • Epenesa

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree these two positions are not hard picks. Certainly not for week 1. Could AJ and Moss be pushing to start by the year's end with a bit of luck? Sure. But week 1 it is Mario and Devin. 

I think Taron Johnson has pretty firm hold on nickel I'd be shocked if anyone else started there, but CB2 and the right side of the OL are the most fascinating battles. As is the 3rd linebacker in base defense. I know a lot of people have Klein pencilled into that job but some of those young kids we have can really ball. Klein on his Panthers form is the starter. Klein on his Saints form is guaranteed nothing. 

Oh and I disagree on Murphy. I think he is as bad as some on this board say. Maybe even worse. His run defense is about as coherent as my sister when drunk. 

I like Taron, and dont disagree he's got a leg up on the Nickel.  However, we got a real interesting competition all over the CB depth chart outside of Tre.  Josh Norman is kind of penciled in given his past resume with McD, and if he can find his old self, or even close to it, then he will likely start the season as a starter.  But thats still to be seen, the Norman that was in Washington the last couple of years does not have a lock on that spot.  

But lets say he does win the starting spot for week 1...we still have some guys like Levi and Grimes I think that not only push Norman for that starting spot, but will also push Taron for the Nickel spot.  

So for me, I think it begins with how the starting spot opposite Tre shakes out...then how do those guys who lose that battle fit into the Nickel spot.  I like Taron, but I think it would be premature to say he would be a better Nickel than either Levi or Grimes right now.  He's played well in his chances, but not so well that he cant be pushed or challenged by Levi or Grimes, both of which have had some solid success at times for the Bills too.  And lets say someone surprises and beats out Norman for the starting spot, then would Norman be in the competition for the Nickel spot would be an interesting question as well.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I like Taron, and dont disagree he's got a leg up on the Nickel.  However, we got a real interesting competition all over the CB depth chart outside of Tre.  Josh Norman is kind of penciled in given his past resume with McD, and if he can find his old self, or even close to it, then he will likely start the season as a starter.  But thats still to be seen, the Norman that was in Washington the last couple of years does not have a lock on that spot.  

But lets say he does win the starting spot for week 1...we still have some guys like Levi and Grimes I think that not only push Norman for that starting spot, but will also push Taron for the Nickel spot.  

So for me, I think it begins with how the starting spot opposite Tre shakes out...then how do those guys who lose that battle fit into the Nickel spot.  I like Taron, but I think it would be premature to say he would be a better Nickel than either Levi or Grimes right now.  He's played well in his chances, but not so well that he cant be pushed or challenged by Levi or Grimes, both of which have had some solid success at times for the Bills too.  And lets say someone surprises and beats out Norman for the starting spot, then would Norman be in the competition for the Nickel spot would be an interesting question as well.  

I think you mean Gaines. And he does have some nickel flex but I'd be surprised if he was considered as more than an emergency option there. Levi won't play nickel though. He is an outside zone corner only. Doesn't have the short area quickness to play the nickel he would get killed there. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you mean Gaines. And he does have some nickel flex but I'd be surprised if he was considered as more than an emergency option there. Levi won't play nickel though. He is an outside zone corner only. Doesn't have the short area quickness to play the nickel he would get killed there. 

Ha yes meant Gaines...not sure why I typed Grimes, or maybe I made a typo and it auto corrected.  My bad :)

And is Taron that much faster in that area than Levi?  If so, I wasn't aware and that would be a good point. 

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha yes meant Gaines...not sure why I typed Grimes, or maybe I made a typo and it auto corrected.  My bad :)

And is Taron that much faster in that area than Levi?  If so, I wasn't aware and that would be a good point. 

Yea Levi is slow. He ran a 4.63 at the combine and didn't do any of the shuttle work. He isn't quick and he isn't a twitch fast change of direction guy. I like Levi he has got the most out of his talent but he is what he is. An outside zone corner who has to keep the game infront of him.