Zack Moss runs a 4.52 40 yard dash

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m too amped for #MotorMoss. What a duo and we got them both in the 3rd. 

Don’t have to worry about RB at all for the next 4 years :)

Aside from a #2 TE and a little improvement on the O-line, this offense is set.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He had a hamstring injury at the Combine which affected his 40-time.  This pretty much proves it. 

IMO, the Bills lucked out big time due to this. He dropped like a rock due to his combine numbers.  Or so it seems.  

2 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I remember reading 4.6ish. Glad to know theres a little more in the legs. If Moss has true football speed, even better. 

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes sir- kinda wish Duke Williams hybrid TE could be experimented with

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

LA, exactly.  The good news is next year’s draft class is rich in TE’s, although we’ll have to draft replacements for the guys getting older.    I won’t bring up the draft again until next year’s off season.

Eh, Moss isn’t fast but that’s okay. It’s nice to see him improve his time but I don’t think that makes much difference. His game isn’t predicated on running away from people. Frank Gore’s game was never that either. Moss earns his money banging on people in the hole. He’s elite at that. 

Speed isn’t all that important for a RB, especially one like Moss. Being a 4.6 guy with his skills is plenty. I would bet that the video in the OP is closer to a 4.65 than it is a 4.52. 

Edit: Yeah, if you download the 4.52 video, depending on which frame you think he crossed the line in, he ran a 4.60-4.64. He is a 4.6 speed guy and that's totally fine.

Edited by DCOrange

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Eh, Moss isn’t fast but that’s okay. It’s nice to see him improve his time but I don’t think that makes much difference. His game isn’t predicated on running away from people. Frank Gore’s game was never that either. Moss earns his money banging on people in the hole. He’s elite at that. 

yup. Our backfield won’t be considered fast but will hopefully excel in turning 2-3 yards into 7-10 more often than most 

• Like (+1) 1

I keep hearing people talk about a competition between Motor and Moss. I don’t see it that way at all. In 2020, teams deploy multiple backs depending on situation, health, effectiveness, scheme, etc... Moss was brought here to play alongside Motor. The Bills are going to use both backs just like SF does. It will be somewhere between 70/30 & 50/50. 

They could use a 3rd guy that’s a HR hitter and it would be an elite backfield. Maybe Wade could be that guy? If so, it would be found money. He appears to have that big play ability but that’s based on an incredibly small sample size.  

• Like (+1) 3

This guy is gonna be a beast in blitz pickup. I think we may see more 20 and 21 groupings with these two backs, maybe run a hurry up offense more often. Singletary plus Moss plus our WR corps provide tons of versatility on any down.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think they'll be fine at TE.  They have Knox, Sweeney and Kroft.  And this was a lousy year for them.,

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

IMO, the Bills lucked out big time due to this. He dropped like a rock due to his combine numbers.  Or so it seems.  

Yep.  Same for Epenesa and Fromm.  Hopefully they all pay dividends.

56 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Speed isn’t all that important for a RB, especially one like Moss. Being a 4.6 guy with his skills is plenty. I would bet that the video in the OP is closer to a 4.65 than it is a 4.52. 

Edit: Yeah, if you download the 4.52 video, depending on which frame you think he crossed the line in, he ran a 4.60-4.64. He is a 4.6 speed guy and that's totally fine.

It was electronically-timed. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think they'll be fine at TE.  They have Knox, Sweeney and Kroft.  And this was a lousy year for them.,

Yep.  Same for Epenesa and Fromm.  Hopefully they all pay dividends.

It was electronically-timed. 

The Combine technically is electronically timed as well and they still get it wrong too. He starts his run at 12.13 and depending on which frame you think he crosses the line, he finishes at 16.73-16.77. Subtract 12.13 from 16.73-16.77 and you get a 4.60-4.64 range.

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The Combine technically is electronically timed as well and they still get it wrong too. He starts his run at 12.13 and depending on which frame you think he crosses the line, he finishes at 16.73-16.77. Subtract 12.13 from 16.73-16.77 and you get a 4.60-4.64 range.

Which video are you talking about?  The one in the OP shows him finishing with a 4.52 and a 10-yard split of 1.60, 20-yard of 2.63 and 30-yard of 3.61.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Which video are you talking about?  The one in the OP shows him finishing with a 4.52 and a 10-yard split of 1.60, 20-yard of 2.63 and 30-yard of 3.61.

If you download the 4.52 video into a video editor and look at the time stamps, he begins the run at 12.13 and finished somewhere between 16.73-16.77. 4.52 seconds into his run, he appears to be around the 37 yard line.

If it’s electronically timed the same way it is at the combine, there is still human error involved as a human starts the timer and the electronic part kicks in just for the finish line. 

At any rate, there is no way you can watch the video with the timeframes that you get in a video editor and conclude that it’s a 4.52. Unless the video they posted is slowed down, the only logical explanation is that the timer didn’t start on time. 

Edit: the same thing happens with Combine times (and it’s even easier to figure it out with a video editor because it’s ***** at a much better angle. So for example, Jalen Reagor really ran around a 4.40 at the Combine but because his timer started too early, he was only credited with a 4.48 (or 4.47, I can’t remember for sure).

Edited by DCOrange

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If you download the 4.52 video into a video editor and look at the time stamps, he begins the run at 12.13 and finished somewhere between 16.73-16.77. 4.52 seconds into his run, he appears to be around the 37 yard line. 

I'm not going to do that.  Suffice it to say he's fast enough to play in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

I wouldn’t say that he dropped like a rock. He was widely considered to be a 3rd rounder and was going to be the 6th or 7th RB drafted depending on where teams stood on Dillon. He was technically 9th but 8th of you don’t consider Gibson an RB (which I don’t).  He went 86 which is in line with where most experts seemed to have him. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/ I think Kiper was a little higher on him but in general that’s about where he was expected to go.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t say that he dropped like a rock. He was widely considered to be a 3rd rounder and was going to be the 6th or 7th RB drafted depending on where teams stood on Dillon. He was technically 9th but 8th of you don’t consider Gibson an RB (which I don’t).  He went 86 which is in line with where most experts seemed to have him. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/ I think Kiper was a little higher on him but in general that’s about where he was expected to go.

He was generally viewed as the 5th or 6th best RB prospect. He still was taken in the same range that most expected but there were definitely RBs taken ahead of him that were not expected to be. 

But yeah, definitely don’t think he dropped like a rock. It’s more that if you would have said 8 RBs were taken ahead of him, most people would have been a little surprised. 

It’s also obviously possible that NFL personnel were never as high on him as the media was. 

Edited by DCOrange

11 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m too amped for #MotorMoss. What a duo and we got them both in the 3rd. 

Don’t have to worry about RB at all for the next 4 years :)

This running game will open up the passing game, and vice versa. If Josh can hit the long balls....watch out.