Raiders new stadium looks like...

major

Brilliant! A black stadium in a desert, I want half of one percent of the cost to air condition the place, I will be able to retire twenty years ago...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Every person I know who has visited Lucas Oil, loved it.  It was cost efficient comparatively speaking, and had all the amenities people love.

It’s great from the aspect of concourse width, concessions, restroom lines (nonexistent), etc. The atmosphere absolutely blows in my opinion. I just really don’t like indoor football, but of the indoor places I’ve been to (Indy, NOLA, Houston, Det, and old Hoosier dome) I’d say it was the worst. Just felt huge, cavernous and lifeless. We were also up so high our view was obstructed by the “roof”. You had to look down at the field or it seemed like you were looking into a wall. Houston was excellent I thought. Lots of natural light, great concessions & concourses, good atmosphere. People were great too. Aside from the result of the game, it might have been my favorite away game experience of probably 15 different  Occasions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

It’s great from the aspect of concourse width, concessions, restroom lines (nonexistent), etc. The atmosphere absolutely blows in my opinion. I just really don’t like indoor football, but of the indoor places I’ve been to (Indy, NOLA, Houston, Det, and old Hoosier dome) I’d say it was the worst. Just felt huge, cavernous and lifeless. We were also up so high our view was obstructed by the “roof”. You had to look down at the field or it seemed like you were looking into a wall. Houston was excellent I thought. Lots of natural light, great concessions & concourses, good atmosphere. People were great too. Aside from the result of the game, it might have been my favorite away game experience of probably 15 different  Occasions. 

Isnt the top removable ?  Like Jerry world?

13 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

The stadium looks incredible.  People just love to knit pick.

Agreed.  I for one love the new stadiums.  I'd love to visit there and just hang out/walk around for a couple hours before kickoff to check it out.  This and Sofi in L.A....they both look like they are going to be super great.

Edited by mjd1001

12 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

It does look a little like one of those robot carpet cleaners. All kidding aside, I like it. A stadium like that would look terribly out of place in Buffalo. If they do build downtown Buffalo in the future, I hope they use Lucas Oil in Indy as a model. 

Buffalo blue color town make the new stadium look like a big 

lunch pail  !!!

GO BILLS !!!

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I love the Roomba comparison ;)

This line is golden in reference to the Roomba:

`Others thought it was an appropriate design for how they expected the team to do this season.

Before I scrolled downward, at the first sight of the picture, I said aloud:  "It looks like a Roomba."  The further references as I continued reading only added to the humor.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure why they thought BLACK was a good color for the desert. Seems like SILVER would’ve been far more appropriate. Maybe they wanted something different from Phoenix. 

This is exactly what I was thinking. Black? It gets well over 100F in Vegas. This has to increase operational costs to keep that building cool.

9 hours ago, ChasBB said:

It's actually a giant flying saucer ... you know, to make their next move easier.

The place up close is wild--very cool.

If that space vehicle descended onto to downtown Buffalo as the Bills new mothership, every poster knocking it would be shouting "abduct me! abduct me!" and lining up to be probed...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The place up close is wild--very cool.

If that space vehicle descended onto to downtown Buffalo as the Bills new mothership, every poster knocking it would be shouting "abduct me! abduct me!" and lining up to be probed...

I just hope the Bills never suck again....who cares if the stadium does as long as it holds 70,000 Bills Fans ;)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, fan_in_tx said:

Isnt the top removable ?  Like Jerry world?

It is but I think they almost never have it open. Similarly, in Houston I think I heard it’s only been open something like 7 times in the last decade. Makes more sense there obv due to the heat but you’d think Lucas oil would be open more early season. I think a lot of it has to do with the fans being “trained” from the Peyton days to be quiet on offense and loud on D. I find colts fans to typically be pretty uninformed / bandwagonish though. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I’m not going there for the stadium. It will still be “nicer” than Rich (I’m officially calling it that again. Stop me).

i’m there for the game on the field, and dinners. Bouchon, here I come.

I still call it Rich ssometimes and other times the Ralph. Does anybody actually call it New Era Field? 

Still, that's a good fit for the Bills. And at least it isn't Mighty Taco Field.

First, it does look like a Roomba. Second, I realized when I was at the Braves stadium forever ago, that I want the sport I’m there to see, not the superfluous crap that are considered ‘experiences’. The game is an experience!!!! So is the tailgating! ? 

I hope the Bills put a ton of money into updating the Ralph (particularly the bathroom situation). 

Anyway, as for the Vegas joint, I suspect it’s phenomenal but it’s not my thing: I’m there for football. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1