Change to Rooney Rule?

bbb

41 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Please do not use word "minorities" - it applies to blacks only. 

I think you are confused with the proposed (and non-voted on) changes that have gone no where. And I'm not even sure your statement is correct about them.

The Rooney Rule, which the new changes apply to, includes all ethnic minorities. Heck, it even includes women now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule#Application

As of June 15, 2009, Rooney Rule requirements apply to all searches for senior football operations positions within the NFL, regardless of a team's title for that position. It now also includes all ethnic minorities, not just African Americans.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

I say what if the team owner is a minority or a woman, they should get the 1st pick. Actually the next 3 first pics. Come on Kim, or is she not  a minority since she is married to a white man? All of these rules of who is a minority or not gets confusing. What if you hire a black man from Africa? Hes not a minority there. Is he an African African, or an American African at that point? I dont get the lables. What if he moves back to Africa, is he now formerly an African African that was an American African? Can we just get past skin color and labels?

It's easy for some to see past it and not easy for others. Some minorities dislike these rules and some think they're needed. Just the way the world is. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

19 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

How about a rule that says an opponents team can't play their leading WR if the opposite team has a starting white CB.

But what if the opposing CB has a black dad and white mom? What do we label them at that point? As long as we label people by color there will always be an issue of race.

Edited by thronethinker

21 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

But what if the opposing CB has a black dad and white mom? What do we label them at that point? As long as we label people by color there will always be an issue of race.

We just go back to outlawing interracial couples.  It's easy!  But seriously, I agree with you.  All progress on not seeing color has been lost. I thought that was the whole goal? What the hell is going on?

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

This thread is a good example of why the Rooney rule exists. Everybody is all up in arms about interviewing two minorities. An interview! ??‍♂️

Who is up in arms about that?  People were up in arms about the draft pick plan.  

On 5/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, JoPoy88 said:

Really interested in finding out who exactly dreamed this up. Promoting equality via bribery doesn’t seem like a very good PR move.

Jay Z. Reparations will follow

• Haha (+1) 1