Beane on The Pat McAfee Show Today

Good inside info on the process of scouting Josh, improving the OL, and trying to get a WR/Stefon Diggs this year.

He mentions they tried to trade for a few different WRs during the season last year, and they ultimately went to other teams. Which leads me to the question... What WRs were traded mid-season last year?

Even comments on Tre and Shady's IG post about Vontae Davis's halftime retirement ?

Gives Davis credit for owning it and actively paying his bonus back within 2 weeks. WOW

Bills Mafia LOVE! "If you're an NFL fan of any team, you should come to a game in Orchard Park" "Our players see the RVs and fans in the lot when they come in for the Saturday walk through" Talks about the turn out in Nashville last year!!

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good inside info on the process of scouting Josh, improving the OL, and trying to get a WR/Stefon Diggs this year.

He mentions they tried to trade for a few different WRs during the season last year, and they ultimately went to other teams. Which leads me to the question... What WRs were traded mid-season last year?

Even comments on Tre and Shady's IG post about Vontae Davis's halftime retirement ?

Gives Davis credit for owning it and actively paying his bonus back within 2 weeks. WOW

Bills Mafia LOVE! "If you're an NFL fan of any team, you should come to a game in Orchard Park" "Our players see the RVs and fans in the lot when they come in for the Saturday walk through" Talks about the turn out in Nashville last year!!

Emmanuel Sanders was one guy they reportedly had tried to get who was traded to SF. I recall that Denver didn’t want to send him to Buffalo because they played them soon after the deadline 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Emmanuel Sanders was one guy they reportedly had tried to get who was traded to SF. I recall that Denver didn’t want to send him to Buffalo because they played them soon after the deadline 

Much happier with Diggs (age).  Although I don't remember what kind of compensation SF gave up for Sanders...

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I agree with Pat 'Awesome Interview".  IMO that was Whaley's weakness, his ability to be comfortable speaking at any level.  He would still make a good assistant for right team.

Whaley was pretty comfortable speaking from a barstool from what I've heard.   Some one more in the know than me please jump in, but hasn't it been all but confirmed that Whaley was the leak at One Bills Drive? 

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Whaley was pretty comfortable speaking from a barstool from what I've heard.   Some one more in the know than me please jump in, but hasn't it been all but confirmed that Whaley was the leak at One Bills Drive? 

No the leak stopped before when a number of people were canned from training staff and locker room.  

Great interview.  Most significant thing to me was in scouting QB's Daboll would quickly teach formations, personnel group, playcall.  QB exits the room, Daboll would draw on the board and QB would come back in and be timed to match formation with playcall in 30 sec or less, testing quick processing.  Same exact process and plays for each QB candidate.  Josh did great according to Beane, JA should be the real deal for us.

But just glad to confirm our management understands this importance and grateful to have Daboll back for another crucial year in JA's development.

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One of them was definitely Emmanuel Sanders. It's also been confirmed they tried to trade for AJ Green. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

I echo others in saying I'm glad we got Diggs instead, based on age and overall ability.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

One of them was definitely Emmanuel Sanders. It's also been confirmed they tried to trade for AJ Green. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

I echo others in saying I'm glad we got Diggs instead, based on age and overall ability.

barely missed on Antonio Brown.... ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

No the leak stopped before when a number of people were canned from training staff and locker room.  

IIRC, Pettine was the leak when he was here under Marrone, and then there were a number of talkers on Rex's staff. The whole building was such a ***** show under Rex it would probably be easier to name the folks who weren't talking to the media.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Beane, good stuff for the most part.

The Gronk praising bothered me. Doesn't ANYONE in the organization care about one of the dirtiest shots we've ever seen that he landed on one of our best players? I mean I know we didn't do anything to fight back but to gush about him as a player and person is rough to hear. That guy is a piece of trash. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane is the man.  Been listening to mcafee everyday during this lockdown.  He’s on point. Tells it like he sees it.  They loved Beane as much as we (most of us) do. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1