Where Does Eric Moulds Rank Among The Greatest Bills WR’s?

On 5/15/2020 at 10:26 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

I came across this on social media the other day.  Eric Moulds was quite possibly one of the more underrated WR’s of his time.  He put together several great years, and while he made 3 Pro-Bowls, I feel that he was never in the conversation as one of the best WR’s in the NFL during his prime.  

How about Bills history?  I know many will rightfully place Andre Reed on the top of the list of great Bills WRs.  It’s hard to argue given his longevity production and HOF status.  

But I think you might be able to make the argument that Moulds is a close second.  Maybe even the best WR in Bills history.  

You can argue that Moulds was more explosive than Reed ever was.   He probably was bigger, faster and more athletic too.  By the time he came into his own in his own, he was clearly better than Reed.  He also was hindered somewhat  by suspect QB play at times, and teams that underachieved.  

What always surprises me is the yards that Moulds racked up in year 3 - almost 1400 yards on 67 receptions.  It’s crazy to think he sustained a 20+ YPC through the season.  

I just think that Moulds was somewhat of an underrated both by the Bills fan base and the NFL. 

So where do you rank Moulds among the greatest WRs in franchise history?

Forgot just how explosive and fast Moulds was...he could both blow by you on a fly route or beat you on a  crossing pattern or beat you on a quick slant and take it to the house.  

He reminded me a lot of TO in that way...not too many receivers have the ability to beat you pretty much any where on the field in any way and take it to the house, but Moulds did...had great hands too.

If we had better QB's during his time here he could have put up much better numbers...maybe 13,000 yards.

With all respect to Dubenion and Butler, Moulds is 2nd only to Reed, and I would argue he might have even been better than Reed if he had Kelly throwing to him his entire career.

Edited by matter2003

On 5/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, oldmanfan said:

1.  Reed

2.  Moulds

3.  Butler

4.  Lofton

5.  Rashad

6.  Duby

7.  Chandler

8.  Evans

9.  Lewis

10. Hill

Thanks for remembering J.D. Hill and Rashad. But don't you think Haven Moses was better than Evans?

6 hours ago, John Gianelli said:

Thanks for remembering J.D. Hill and Rashad. But don't you think Haven Moses was better than Evans?

When he played for the Broncos.  Not when he played for us.  I might bump Evans off in favor of Stevie J though

On 5/15/2020 at 10:26 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

I came across this on social media the other day.  Eric Moulds was quite possibly one of the more underrated WR’s of his time.  He put together several great years, and while he made 3 Pro-Bowls, I feel that he was never in the conversation as one of the best WR’s in the NFL during his prime.  

How about Bills history?  I know many will rightfully place Andre Reed on the top of the list of great Bills WRs.  It’s hard to argue given his longevity production and HOF status.  

But I think you might be able to make the argument that Moulds is a close second.  Maybe even the best WR in Bills history.  

You can argue that Moulds was more explosive than Reed ever was.   He probably was bigger, faster and more athletic too.  By the time he came into his own in his own, he was clearly better than Reed.  He also was hindered somewhat  by suspect QB play at times, and teams that underachieved.  

What always surprises me is the yards that Moulds racked up in year 3 - almost 1400 yards on 67 receptions.  It’s crazy to think he sustained a 20+ YPC through the season.  

I just think that Moulds was somewhat of an underrated both by the Bills fan base and the NFL. 

So where do you rank Moulds among the greatest WRs in franchise history?

#2 for me! I love Moulds just as much as Andre Reed!

On 5/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, oldmanfan said:

1.  Reed

2.  Moulds

3.  Butler

4.  Lofton

5.  Rashad

6.  Duby

7.  Chandler

8.  Evans

9.  Lewis

10. Hill

I think Diggs might make top 3 after this season ???

23 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

#2 for me! I love Moulds just as much as Andre Reed!

I think Diggs might make top 3 after this season ???

He’ll have to be huge to pass Butler on my list.  Butler may have topped the list if he hadn’t gotten hurt

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I still think Lofton > Moulds.

Overall yes, but Moulds was the better Bill.

Lofton was here 4 seasons from 89-92 and he wasn't even the best WR on the team during that time, so it's pretty difficult to say that Lofton was a better Bill than Moulds.