Where Does Eric Moulds Rank Among The Greatest Bills WR’s?

40 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No I watched both.  Both were great but Reed had a HOF QB for his career.

Hope I don't need to list Moulds QBs for you. 

Let me know if you have gotten so old that I need to because you have forgotten

Kelly was great.  But there were many other factors.  If Reed had played in today's era, he would have had ridiculous numbers catching the ball.  

Moulds had some real good years.  98 and 02 come to mind off the top of my head.  And you know who was throwing him the ball those seasons?  Flutie and Bledsoe.  Neither sucked at throwing the football.  Bledsoe was a statue and was already in decline.  But he put up some good numbers in 2002 his first year with the Bills.  

There is good very good and great.  Moulds was a good to very good and occasionally great receiver.  Andre was always great. 

I may have grown up pre internet.  But I remember football and the Bills since the mid 70's pretty dam well.   

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

No complaints from me. But Evans does have the yardage and TD totals so the case can be made for him. But yeah, I don't really have a strong opinion about it. Outside of Moulds and Reed it's a pretty muddled list.

Butler had to retire prematurely from injury or I would think he'd have numbers too based on his talent level.  Also, different eras. Butler played when the run game was standard operating procedure in the NFL.   Lee was good though and suffered from inconsistent to horrible QB play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

But I'm taking Jerry Butler over Lee Evans all day everyday,

Oh hell yes!  It isn't even a conversation.  And if Butler didn't blow out a knee before he even reached his prime, this thread may have well have been about Butler.  Without the injuries, he would have probably been a member of the Super Bowl teams as well.  Lofton was drafted by Green Bay a year BEFORE Butler.  I'll never forget his 10 catch, 4 TD 255 yard show against the Jets in 1980... as a rookie on a Chuck Knox (Ground Chuck) team.  If you can find it, You Tube it for some quarantine entertainment.  He was unstoppable, ran the smoothest routes and had the softest hands of all of them.

• Like (+1) 1

I have 3 Jerseys in my closet. The greatest all time Bill (Bruce), Takeo and Eric.

He sits at 2 behind Andre but can only imagine what he could've been with a better team. Eric had amazing seasons when Peerless was on the other side. When Price went to ATL and floundered tells you all you need to know. With a competent #2 on the other side Moulds was unstoppable. With Josh Reed and other cast offs? Not so much.

50 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Kelly was great.  But there were many other factors.  If Reed had played in today's era, he would have had ridiculous numbers catching the ball.  

Moulds had some real good years.  98 and 02 come to mind off the top of my head.  And you know who was throwing him the ball those seasons?  Flutie and Bledsoe.  Neither sucked at throwing the football.  Bledsoe was a statue and was already in decline.  But he put up some good numbers in 2002 his first year with the Bills.  

There is good very good and great.  Moulds was a good to very good and occasionally great receiver.  Andre was always great. 

I may have grown up pre internet.  But I remember football and the Bills since the mid 70's pretty dam well.   

You made my case for me in your reply.  The years he had decent QB play he put up great numbers and he certainly didn't have James Lofton and Prime Thurmon Thomas on the field with him either.  

I love my Bills but as another poster said.  He wasted his career in Buffalo.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

I have Moulds #2 as well.  But I'm taking Jerry Butler over Lee Evans all day everyday, and I liked Lee.

I think I would slide Bobby Chandler after Moulds at #3

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

If you were to pick one receiver from Bills history (in their prime) to play on this year’s team who would it be?

Andre Reed. He used to get the ***** kicked out of him over the middle, come down with the ball, and hold on. In today's NFL ... the mind reels.

Note: not to say I would not like Eric Moulds. He was sensational.

• Like (+1) 1

Ahhhh Moulds! Great receiver. There's an awesome image I have of him from a pic several years ago somebody on the message board posted of him.

It was when he was in college. He was catching a ball in the end zone, and he jumped so high, his hips were at the height of the heads of the opposing

players that were around him. And those players were standing straight up!

Where he is with me in ranking the Bills receivers?  #3. Why? I put Dubenion at #2. Duby played in an era where a receiver could get mugged by the

D- backs during those AFL years and there would be no flag thrown. And that's no fault of Moulds. But I've got to plug our guys from the AFL days.

"They must not be forgotten."

4 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

If Reed is #1 and Moulds is #2 then Lee Evans has to be #3 right? 

Evans is being overrated.  His production was mainly from JP Losman bombs.  He didn’t do much with short and intermediate passes.

I would have to put Bob Chandler as #3.  He was amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thronethinker said:

I think Moulds was better than Reed, but Reed had the better career. Moulds would have been #1 had he played more years with Kelly and the Offense Reed was in. 

No Moulds was not better than Reed lol. Moulds was a great WR but in no way was he better than Reed