Josh Allen Tops NFL.com's dark horse MVP List

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s insane!! I guess that’s the basis for my argument but I don’t think that the Bills can win more than 11 with this schedule. Basically though, the MVP is the QB of a really good team. 

Isn’t it? I actually was surprised at the correlation myself. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s insane!! I guess that’s the basis for my argument but I don’t think that the Bills can win more than 11 with this schedule. Basically though, the MVP is the QB of a really good team. 

I’ve said it all along that the Bills could go 9-7 this year and be a much better team than last year.  Not all schedules are the same. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A really good team..... but also a really good offense. This team in 2020 will still be led by its defense. 

Those things are the same at this point. Teams with the best records have had top offenses. My original point about why Josh has a chance (albeit a small one) is because he’s one of about 7 guys that can QB a team that can win 11 games. That is basically a pre-requisite to win the award. Obviously the offense will have to take a big step forward but it’s a possibility. 

The flip side of the coin is a guy like Matt Stafford. It’s possible that he has a monster year. If the Lions are 8-8 it won’t matter. You can’t be the most “valuable” on a team that wins 1/2 of their games. That’s why the list is only so long. If Michael Thomas didn’t win last year I don’t see it as anything other than a QB of a top team. It’s the Heisman Trophy. 

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Where did this narrative come from that media hates the Bills?  I think we are easily one if the most liked teams in the nfl.  Plenty of big media members love the Bills.  We just have sucked forever.  

if the Bills win the AFC East, I also feel Allen will get overrated and too much credit (as all qbs do).  He could have less production than other QBs but be completely hyped up and win the MVP.

That’s how I feel too. By the end of this year Allen could be the most overrated player in football. If the Bills are good (as I expect) he’s going to get a lot of credit (probably more than he deserves). The media (and country) are dying for the Bills to be good. We are like the Cubs were to a certain degree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ve said it all along that the Bills could go 9-7 this year and be a much better team than last year.  Not all schedules are the same. 

I agree here too. 10-6 is where I think that I’m at but I don’t think another team in the division can get to 9. The Bills are more likely to win the AFC East than they are to win 10 games IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Those things are the same at this point. Teams with the best records have had top offenses. My original point about why Josh has a chance (albeit a small one) is because he’s one of about 7 guys that can QB a team that can win 11 games. That is basically a pre-requisite to win the award. Obviously the offense will have to take a big step forward but it’s a possibility. 

The flip side of the coin is a guy like Matt Stafford. It’s possible that he has a monster year. If the Lions are 8-8 it won’t matter. You can’t be the most “valuable” on a team that wins 1/2 of their games. That’s why the list is only so long. If Michael Thomas didn’t win last year I don’t see it as anything other than a QB of a top team. It’s the Heisman Trophy. 

That’s how I feel too. By the end of this year Allen could be the most overrated player in football. If the Bills are good (as I expect) he’s going to get a lot of credit (probably more than he deserves). The media (and country) are dying for the Bills to be good. We are like the Cubs were to a certain degree. 

Yeah, it’s like people from Bills and Buffalo have such a small minded persecution complex.  I’m from Buffalo and I’m so proud of it.  But man we are sensitive.  We get a lot more love than hate.  

if the Bills ever make the SB, they were be the most overwhelming pick of fans who’s team is not in the game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree except for I don't think there are only 7 teams that could win 11 plus and I think Allen would basically have to be clearly the best of them. If Allen, Mahomes, Watson and Brees all win 12 games then Allen would have to be so obviously the best to win MVP. I just don't see it. 

I still am not convinced by his passing numbers 

he can do great things with his legs, and has been clutch, but can he put together 4 quarters of top class QB play multiple times per season? we will see. 

go look at how much Bears fans were hyped about Tribusky going into year 3. 

On 5/15/2020 at 9:16 AM, Mr. WEO said:

By all means get this completely different article dumped in with the others. Cause we got so much sports news right now...

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

By all means get this completely different article dumped in with the others. Cause we got so much sports news right now...

Say what?  It's not, other than it's author and it's website.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

One team is coming out of the East a playoff team. Everyone else is watching the playoffs from home. 

I thought this as well, but then I remembered the 7th seed exists this year. Maybe an 8-8 wild card team? It’s looks like last year the Steelers would have made it as the 7 seed.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I thought this as well, but then I remembered the 7th seed exists this year. Maybe an 8-8 wild card team? It’s looks like last year the Steelers would have made it as the 7 seed.

Possible, but unlikely. Not sure many other years an 8-8 would have got you the 7th best record.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:19 AM, machine gun kelly said:

With all of these weapons and O Line gelling in year 2 together, he should improve again from year 2, but if not then we don’t have our guy.  I want to believe he will, but we’ll see.

Not necessarily.  Drew Brees took 4 years.  The Chargers actually felt that Rivers was the better option.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, GreggTX said:

LMAO !!! I think he should learn to be at least average before we annoint him as a savior. 27th in passing efficiency among all QB's with at least 100 attempts. Even Fitz had better numbers. Honestly, I have never seen such unqualified love for any player in the last 60 years. This is insane.

Why dont you go to the bathroom and finish the project you have been working on all afternoon.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:22 AM, DFT said:

I’m sure they meant Josh Rosen.

Who?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The writer obviously has no idea... he said Allen is the better deep ball passer.?

I noticed that as well. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If Allen and Darnold reach their potential then that will make for some interesting games between these teams over the next 12-15 years.