Josh Allen Tops NFL.com's dark horse MVP List

https://www.nfl.com/news/dark-horse-nfl-mvp-candidates-in-2020-josh-allen-tops-the-list

Excerpt:

Allen vastly improved in Year 2, significantly boosting his marks in completion percentage (58.8, up from 52.8 in 2018), TD-to-INT ratio (20:9, up from 10:12) and passer rating (85.3, up from 67.9). Not to mention, he showcased a definite clutch gene, leading the NFL in fourth-quarter comebacks (four) and game-winning drives (five). Behind his guidance, the Bills reached double-digit wins for the first time this millennium, making the playoffs for just the second time in the past 20 seasons.

Edited by foreboding
Clarify
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

The MVP almost always goes to a QB and often goes to a breakout player.

It is a good bet if you can get JA at 50-1. It is basically playing a parlay that says:

The Bills go 12-4

The Bills win the AFC East

Josh Allen has 40 total TDs (he had 29 last year).

Those three things could easily happen.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/dark-horse-nfl-mvp-candidates-in-2020-josh-allen-tops-the-list

Excerpt:

Allen vastly improved in Year 2, significantly boosting his marks in completion percentage (58.8, up from 52.8 in 2018), TD-to-INT ratio (20:9, up from 10:12) and passer rating (85.3, up from 67.9). Not to mention, he showcased a definite clutch gene, leading the NFL in fourth-quarter comebacks (four) and game-winning drives (five). Behind his guidance, the Bills reached double-digit wins for the first time this millennium, making the playoffs for just the second time in the past 20 seasons.

There goes some posters narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think dark horse is right for MVP. I consider Allen very much a long shot. I do think he has a very real chance to be a Pro Bowl selection this year though (and not as the 74th alternate but as an actual bona fide Pro Bowler). I just think for MVP not only would Allen have to have a phenomenal year but some of the other bigger names would have to disappoint a little.

7 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

The MVP almost always goes to a QB and often goes to a breakout player.

It is a good bet if you can get JA at 50-1. It is basically playing a parlay that says:

The Bills go 12-4

The Bills win the AFC East

Josh Allen has 40 total TDs (he had 29 last year).

Those three things could easily happen.

Lord, please don't take this season away from us ?

• Like (+1) 1

LMAO !!! I think he should learn to be at least average before we annoint him as a savior. 27th in passing efficiency among all QB's with at least 100 attempts. Even Fitz had better numbers. Honestly, I have never seen such unqualified love for any player in the last 60 years. This is insane.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

LMAO !!! I think he should learn to be at least average before we annoint him as a savior. 27th in passing efficiency among all QB's with at least 100 attempts. Even Fitz had better numbers. Honestly, I have never seen such unqualified love for any player in the last 60 years. This is insane.

It truly must suck going through life with a stick up your ass. I'm sorry bud. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Gambit said:

It truly must suck going through life with a stick up your ass. I'm sorry bud. 

Hes not entirely wrong.

I like Allens makeup, I like the way he carries himself.

He still has to prove he can be the starting QB for this team long term, let alone be in the conversation for MVP.

This is the make or break year for Allen, IMO.

I expect to see a hell of a lot of improvement. There are no more excuses for him.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Yes, let's just take one statistic and say that that's definitive. That's just as, if not more, insane. Also, let's just pretend he doesn't make things happen with his legs to the tune of as many rushing TDs as some of the best running backs over the last two years. 

Look, I'm not saying he's a sure thing, by any means or does not need to improve. But to act like he hasn't started to improve (17 TDs plus 6 rushing TDs and a receiving TD against 3 INTs in his last 13 games is pretty damn impressive) is a problem. Right now, I'd aver he is at a tipping point. Does he go in the Trubisky/Mariota/Bortles direction (all of whom were top 10 picks and had a run that inspired confidence, but I don't think anyone ever believed they had as high a ceiling as Allen) or does he go in the direction of, say, Brees or others who took a couple years to reach potential, but got there. Check out Drew's second full season stats (and that completion pct). I like Josh's chances given his attitude, leadership ability, intelligence both on and off field, work ethic, and the fact that he's already shown improvement in one part of his game that was supposed to be his weakness (short passing accuracy) -- not to mention the fact he'll be playing behind an intact line with two young promising RBs and one of the best WR corps.

Finally, why get so up in arms for people actually having hope for their team after a 10-6 season with a young team filled with promising players -- especially during such a depressing time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Josh Allen related.  

Josh Allen is the only thing stopping the Bills from supplanting the Patriots

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/05/bills-josh-allen-patriots-afc-east-favorite

This started as a story on why the Buffalo Bills should be the overwhelming favorites in the AFC East. It started as an article wondering why there's common belief that New England Patriots (+130), led by Jarrett Stidham or Brian Hoyer (*shudders*), can hold onto the AFC East after the Bills (+125) showed so much progress in 2019. The obvious answer is, Bill Belichick.

But when looking at the two rosters on paper, it's really not even close. The Buffalo Bills are a superior team. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, foreboding said:

Excerpt:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/222968-josh-allen-2020-mvp-odds/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/223991-allen-mvp-odds/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/211630-josh-allen-will-be-a-2020-nfl-mvp-candidate-if-our-oc-allows-it/page/23/

I never book it until there's a 4th thread on it!  I'm laying $100 on it now!

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

So I think you are harsh on Allen but I do agree that the love for him on this forum is totally unqualified in some quarters and he is almost the man on whom there can be no debate. 

• Like (+1) 2