Anybody want to go on record about Josh?

eball

Anybody want to go on record about Josh?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your Josh Allen prediction?

• Becomes a top-10 NFL QB with Bills
    • Earns 2nd contract with Bills but never cracks top 1/2 of NFL starters
    • Is not re-signed by Bills

Given the right set of circumstances he helps procure the elusive ring. He will face adversity well so barring injury worst case scenario is Josh is top six and we contend every year... and still manage a ring or two...

23 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

A "parody of an NFL QB prospect" simply would not be capable of performing that well in those situations.  So most here would agree that he cleared that Barr too.  Two areas that are 100% on him to improve upon.  Ball security while on the move and under tackle and consistently giving his WRs a chance to make a play on the deep throws.  We should be able to see if he improves in those areas rather easily.  I think 400+ points would be a nice benchmark.

400 points would be nice, but that's a team measure, not a QB stat.

I'm going to say Championship football!!! His arm strength is unbelievable, that and his awareness is pretty darn good also and his mobilty is up there also.  Now just reading the field a tad better and with a better supporting cast around him, the sky is the limit.???

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

400 points would be nice, but that's a team measure, not a QB stat.

If they make that improvement in scoring, he'd be the biggest contributor to it.   There'd be improvements in most all of the "individual" QB stats.

I'll go on record saying he will be a Superbowl winning QB for us.

We should be in the playoffs 'most every year with him, IMV.

I think he's the most exciting player in football.  

He's with Barkley running their own rookie minicamp, getting the noobs ready to hit the ground running.

While other NFL kids are running around with guns trying to get $800.00 and a new watch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, freddyjj said:

He has a Matthew Stafford type career.  Wows you but not a difference maker. 

He has already been a difference maker.

Elevated the play of the team on both sides of the ball.

Drawn Free agents to Buffalo that may not have been willing to come here before.

Led the league in forth quarter comebacks in 2019.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think he cracks the top 15 this year, followed by top 10 in 2021. After that I could see him crack the top 5 for a stretch. There's just something about him, he has "it", that competitive edge, the clutch gene. In those two regards he reminds me so much of Kelly. Let's face it, he was behind the learning curve coming out of college and has been playing catch up ever since.

After game 4 he had 17 TDs & only 3 INTs.

Inside the redzone 12 TDs & 0 INTs

Inside the 10 yard line 13/21 with 8 TDs & 0 INTs

Played in his first prime time games, all on the road, won the first 2 and was knocking on the door to tie the game at the end of the only game he lost of the 3.

His QB Rating last year, in the 4th quarter with the score +/- 7 points was over 110.0 with 5 TDs & 0 INTs. 

He tied for the league lead in 4th quarter comebacks. 

But it's not just on him, he'll need some help.

He needs more help from the running game and with Gore being replaced with Moss I think he'll get it. Only 4 rushing TDs by the RBs last year, Josh had 9.

The O-Line needs to play better. Way too many times we found ourselves in 1st or 2nd & 20, drive killers. Too many total whiffs throughout the year, usually in critical times.

WRs & Knox need to cut down on drops.

Basically about 10 more passing yards a quarter and another TD every 1.5 games and he'll crack the top 10(Using 2019 numbers). Fix the long ball and show improvement against the all out blitzes and he'll be well on his way. GO BILLS!!!

Outstanding post!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe its me but he is top 10 now. The guy needed some WRs

He is a special QB, the perfect guy for Buffalo

I see we have 5 New York Jet fans voting here today. I love the Frank Gore signing but can he play quarterback too ?

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 5

PREDICTION: He'll only be resigned if he is willing to take a Dalton like contract from the Bengals. If so yes.

SPECULATION: I predict a slight regression in average QB salaries in the next 5 yrs. The top guys will get paid more than ever, but the rest of the pack will have a regression.

Looking at how Beane plays his hand he likes to not overspend on 1 player because it puts too much pressure on the team and the draft.

I can't see Josh being a great passer to justify the contract and if he's resigned it's because we're "winning" but let me also go on record that the W/L will change drastically without their ability to play defense like McDermott wants and if you want to see the great struggle between Bean and McD this will be the test.

I'm also on record if the schedule holds up to be a hard one the coach will want to move from Allen if he doesn't massively step up. He's basically a liability as a passer with elite athletic ability at this point, so if he steps up as a passer we'll all be happy.

Top ten and also the best QB from his cohort. He has already shown marked improvement and that will continue this year with the added weapons. By ‘21, he will be top five.

He has the aforementioned ‘it’ factor and the physical tools...just needed to catch up in the knowledge department and that is and has been happening. 

Go Josh!!!!

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

97F186F3-8464-4F81-BDC0-CF4766C9589A.jpeg

Oops.  I saw the Denver colours, and wondered what CK had to do with JA's future accomplishments.

Where's the 300 yard passing game statistic in my options?  ?

Based upon my hopes for him and the team, voted top 10.

We have not had a QB with this skill set since Jimbo.

Jim came out if a Big School and a couple of years to refine his craft with Mouse in the USFL

Josh comes to us straight out of a Small School direct to the NFL,,,,,,but with all the Ability Brashness and Confidence to be a Superstar and a very likeable one at that.

This kid is a natural born leader and his teammates would run through walls for him.

I voted Top 10 but I Billieve top 5,3,2,1? the skies the limit hang on for the ride :)

Now where is that wall? ;)  (and I am just a fan)

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I'm a big Allen fan and think he will continue to develop and become one of the best in the league.  I still have some doubts.  Can anyone point to examples of NFL QBs who flashed great potential in their first couple of years, but had some question marks, and eventually became great?  I would exclude a guy like Aaron Rodgers, who was not starting and playing in his first few years.  Cam Newton was fantastic as a rookie, so he doesn't follow this pattern.  I think Big Ben had a great rookie year too, so he wouldn't fit the bill.  Mahomes only started 1 game as a rookie then was lights out in year 2, so again, he wouldn't fit the bill either.  Brady was on the bench, but became an instant winner once he took over the starting job, so again, doesn't fit the mold.

One that kind of fits the bill is Alex Smith, who struggled his first few years, but eventually became very good (but not great).  I'd appreciate any input from the board.  It would make me feel better about Allen's prospects if we can find suitable comparisons for high potential guys took some time to reach the highest levels, but got there....

See number 12 WOF HOF and sweater retired.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kelly

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Future GOAT and he will be paired with fellow future GOAT RB McCaffrey here soon enough

I think the 6 year deal he just signed makes him a black cat for life ;)

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't worry. Not allowed.

Are we cursed if Adam Schein predicts it, though?

Not really he thought the Bills would make the playoffs last year and could win the AFCE.

He was on the Bills band wagon last spring.

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Allen is a gamer with a will to win that hasn’t been this visceral around here since the glory days imho. The team has quickly gelled around his young leadership because it’s obvious he puts his money where his mouth is and has their back—willing to do whatever it takes to daily get better is a hallmark of future champions is it not?  

1000.jpeg

I love that pic....that captures JA 17 in a nutshell....fearless and strong.....like out of my face Barr I don`t care how good you are I am better :)

Edited by JMF2006
wrong player its Barr thanks Foxx :)
  • Like (+1) 1