Anybody want to go on record about Josh?

eball

Anybody want to go on record about Josh?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your Josh Allen prediction?

• Becomes a top-10 NFL QB with Bills
    • Earns 2nd contract with Bills but never cracks top 1/2 of NFL starters
    • Is not re-signed by Bills

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well my bad on that......

So.....50 percent on years that Josh Allen was QB......does it really change the point that much (and this team was in a massive rebiuld in that 6 and 10 year wouldnt you agree with that?

I was just clarifying the error. 

Im well aware of how our roster looked his rookie year. Saying we went 6-10 was not meant as a knock against him.

Just figured that if we’re going to praise Allen and give him credit for something it might as well be something that actually happened

Edited by Bangarang

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I was just clarifying the error. 

Im well aware of how our roster looked his rookie year. Saying we went 6-10 was not meant as a knock against him.

Just figured that if we’re going to praise Allen and give him credit for something it might as well be something that actually happened

Fair enough

Josh Allen was very raw that first year......and the team was going through a massive rebiuld.

I thought there was a big uptick in year 2

I would be shocked if there was not a similar jump in year 3

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Fair enough

Josh Allen was very raw that first year......and the team was going through a massive rebiuld.

I thought there was a big uptick in year 2

I would be shocked if there was not a similar jump in year 3

I’m cautiously optimistic he continues to improve. 

Huge Josh fan, but he will never be elite if his deep ball doesn't drastically improve from last season. I believe he can do it, and Diggs will help greatly and ill be cheering for him the whole way. But I think that's his biggest hurdle he has to show critics, accurate deep ball.

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Huge Josh fan, but he will never be elite if his deep ball doesn't drastically improve from last season. I believe he can do it, and Diggs will help greatly and ill be cheering for him the whole way. But I think that's his biggest hurdle he has to show critics, accurate deep ball.

I suspect there was too much variance in the type of pass he could choose to throw.  Add in windy conditions and he would have even more reasons to vary the kind of deep ball he chooses to throw. 

Because his arm is so strong he can vary  the launch angle and velocity so there are multiple ways to get the ball 60 yards down the field.  Many QBs can only get it there one way, max velocity at the optimum angle.  

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Allen will be fine.

I actually think Cody Ford's improvement is the key to the season.

I would hope Cody makes the same kind of progress as Josh in year 2. 

BTW, I definately expect Allen to make further progress this year, and next year---and perhaps for a couple of additional years. This year's progress might not be quite as dramatic, but as long as he is making progress---tightening up his game, getting the deep throw back, etc, it's very good news. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Another way to think of it is that he’s been a bit over mediocre for 3 different coaches. I doubt it was the coaches.

i would take Josh Allen over Stafford in between heartbeats.  

Idk.  Tough one.  Detroit has never had a complete roster.  Josh hasn’t either, until now.  I think Stafford is the better passer while josh has him everywhere else.  

47 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Idk.  Tough one.  Detroit has never had a complete roster.  Josh hasn’t either, until now.  I think Stafford is the better passer while josh has him everywhere else.  

Give Josh a few years with Megatron...

On 5/14/2020 at 10:27 PM, freddyjj said:

He has a Matthew Stafford type career.  Wows you but not a difference maker. 

They never gave him much. He has super bowl talent but has played on crap teams his entire career

• Like (+1) 1

He’ll probably flounder around as a top 10 QB for a year or two before he taps into his true potential. He came into the league as a really raw prospect and rough around the edges so in my mind I think he’ll be a late bloomer. May take him awhile intellectually to catch up with his God given ability. I perceive that he’ll be a top 5-6 QB eventually, may take a few years for him though. He’ll need a good defense and running game behind him to make him successful in the meanwhile. By the time he receives his next contract I think the rubber will have long since met road and things will have already started to come together for Josh Allen. Strikes me as a John Elway type of talent in Rob Gronkowski’s body. Looks like we’re building a good team around him. He needs to build up confidence though in his game, his humility will carry him far, just needs some experience and successes that he can build off of mentally as a QB. I think he’ll go down as the best QB in the 2018 NFL Draft, ahead of Darnold and Mayfield. Truly a special talent that many teams wished they hadn’t passed on. As fans we need to have patience with Josh Allen, it takes time to develop a franchise QB.

Allen should be somewhere between the top 3-8 QBs in the league. I think Mahomes will continue to be dominant but Allen has so much potential and continues to improve. I see some commenters saying he will peak this year but that is short sighted. This kid played at a minor Div 1 program so he is behind some QBs who played at bigger conferences. I think he will still show palpable growth over the next 2-3 years. This year I think he has the potential to make a Pro Bowl. Outside of Mahomes & Jackson  he is the 3rd best QB in the AFC IMO because Watson holds the ball too long and lost his WR1.

Edited by Locomark

On 5/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, Motor26 said:

If he gets his deep ball back like it was his rookie year he will be a top 10 QB.

Back? The deep ball was horrible his rookie year also. 

He was 3-24 on balls that traveled 30+ yards in the air in 2018. 

but don’t worry I heard he’s gonna work on it this year. 

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He's nowhere close to Stafford.

Curious.  Do you see Josh Allen's 2019 season as far better or far worse than Stafford's 2019 season?  Originally, I figured you were insinuating that Stafford was far better.  From a career perspective, JA has a few years to go to catch Stafford.  I personally think JA is one of the five best young QBs in the NFL and his arrow is pointing up still.