Anybody want to go on record about Josh?

eball

Anybody want to go on record about Josh?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your Josh Allen prediction?

• Becomes a top-10 NFL QB with Bills
    • Earns 2nd contract with Bills but never cracks top 1/2 of NFL starters
    • Is not re-signed by Bills

9 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m curious as to how “gamer” and “leader” are quantified and made into a statistic.

Some things don't reduce to a number. Folks know what he means, though those who think Josh won't earn a second contract will act like it is a meaningless emotive comment I guess.

9 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m curious as to how “gamer” and “leader” are quantified and made into a statistic.

that's easy:

wins as an underdog with > 3 point spread.

luck is a factor there, but so are leadership on the field and an iron will to win.

i'm going the other way...

josh will never in his entire career, crack the Top 10 in passer rating or total QBR....(ducking....lol)

i do see him getting a second contract that pays him like a top 10.

hypothetical....if every season all nfl QB's were redrafted based solely on the upcoming season.....i say he'd go around 15th.

Kid's a worker and a winner.

Barring injuries, he will be the 'franchise' QB we've waited so long for.

Might not be certain until 2021 season though, due to the vaguaries of the current situation as regards what sort of season 2020 will bring.

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm going the other way...

josh will never in his entire career, crack the Top 10 in passer rating or total QBR....(ducking....lol)

i do see him getting a second contract that pays him like a top 10.

hypothetical....if every season all nfl QB's were redrafted based solely on the upcoming season.....i say he'd go around 15th.

I wonder where that puts the rest of the QBs drafted with him then, as I only see Jackson as being ahead of him under those circumstances.

I don't think Allen ever becomes a Top 10 QB.  

I think a lot of starting Quarterbacks around the league could have done what Allen did last year with that schedule and that defense. 

It would be new data point for him to become a top flight passer. 

At the end of this season, I think we will have seen 90% of his potential maximum, so I don't think he is on some linear or exponential climb in Year 4, 5, 6, and so on. 

We'll see the bulk of the improvement he has left, this season. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think a lot of starting Quarterbacks around the league could have done what Allen did last year with that schedule and that defense. 

At the end of this season, I think we will have seen 90% of his potential maximum, so I don't think he is on some linear or exponential climb in Year 4, 5, 6, and so on. 

I agree we'll see a huge jump this season, but I disagree that's "all he has left."  Josh was so raw coming out of college that he will continue to learn and develop over the next several years.

9 hours ago, Bss said:

Tebow was never going to be good but intangibles mattered.  Without them hes the original Nate Peterman, with them he was a bizarre national phenomenon who managed to pull off a lot of crazy ***** despite his complete lack of talent. 

I will forever consider his Silly jump pass Thing one of the dumbest looking football things I have ever seen. 

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Put your money where your mouth is and vote; don't hide!

11 minutes ago, eball said:

I agree we'll see a huge jump this season, but I disagree that's "all he has left."  Josh was so raw coming out of college that he will continue to learn and develop over the next several years.

The raw designation starts to lose its luster if he gets through 16 games this season. 

He does that and its 44 games played, 43 started. 

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Put your money where your mouth is and vote; don't hide!

I am trying to decide between the first two options. 

Do I see the Bills not renewing his contract, not sure, Beane and McDermott love him. 

Do I see a big extension, hard to see that either. 

I think I'm going with an Andy Dalton type career, can get a team to the Playoffs if the talent is great around him, but not a lot of Playoff success. Gets a middle of the road of second contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bss said:

Put Matt Stafford on this roster and I think he goes really far. Not his fault he has to play for the lions.

I'd take pre injury 2018 Cam Newton any day of the week

Cam had a me first, bang on his chest attitude. His skill set was good but Josh has higher ceiling skills with incredible leadership intangibles. Your comparison lacks the appreciation for a team first, winning mentality. After 2 years of steady progress and a playoff berth, why the Josh negativity?

6 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Cam had a me first, bang on his chest attitude. His skill set was good but Josh has higher ceiling skills with incredible leadership intangibles. Your comparison lacks the appreciation for a team first, winning mentality. After 2 years of steady progress and a playoff berth, why the Josh negativity?

Cam won a Heisman, won a National Championship, was drafted #1 overall, threw for 4,000 yards right away in the NFL, won an MVP. 

Josh was never an elite player in lower level college, was drafted on his skill set not his production on the field, and thus far has not shown to be a consistent NFL passer. 

I think in Buffalo we overrate the work ethic, the blue collar, the swell guy, and underrate winning and production. Like Buffalo is the only team out there studying their playbooks and working hard.  

We also love to declare war on "me-first" guys. Cam was the face of the Panthers for 8-9 seasons. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Given Allen's first two years, his Scouting Reports coming out of College, I think its delusional that 83% of fans think he will be a Top 10 QB for the Bills.

Have we seen any consistency that indicates this? His running? 

What are we looking at here? He is a bottom 1/3rd NFL QB right now, and has to jump at least 12 more QBs to crack the Top 10. 

I understand being hopeful, I understand the argument that he can improve and has improvement left, but 83% confident he becomes a Top 10 QB in the league? That's not based on facts, that's just hope. 

• Like (+1) 1