Anybody want to go on record about Josh?

eball

Anybody want to go on record about Josh?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your Josh Allen prediction?

• Becomes a top-10 NFL QB with Bills
    • Earns 2nd contract with Bills but never cracks top 1/2 of NFL starters
    • Is not re-signed by Bills

Just now, freddyjj said:

He has a Matthew Stafford type career.  Wows you but not a difference maker. 

Put Matt Stafford on this roster and I think he goes really far. Not his fault he has to play for the lions.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Cam Newton without the MVP season.

Now who’s going to pick up a sword and fight?

I'd take pre injury 2018 Cam Newton any day of the week

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'd like to know what top 10 means here? Tops in wins? TDs? Yards? Beauty contest?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think Josh Josh will be a top 10 QB in the league. If not this year than next

I don't think he will be a meddling starter

I'm putting 100 on him to win mvp this Season

I want him to meddle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Cam Newton without the MVP season.

Now who’s going to pick up a sword and fight?

I think this is very fair but I still think Allen has one of , if not the highest ceiling for young QBs. 

Cam was pretty dominant for a time though. 

Also think Josh is a better leader of men , I think Can and his extra flamboyant style and personality rubs some guys the wrong way and Josh is already a phenomenal leader imo. His mentality is everything you'd want from a Franchise QB. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Can I get back to you in a year or two? 

Hope he keeps making strides forward, and I think he will. How far? That’s impossible to say at this point. 

I think he’ll be top 10 in intangibles, but probably not quite that high in stats. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm not allowed as per @Foxx, but I've been on record previously and I'm sure he'll be able to relay my own predictions  :flirt:

We have a good thing going with Allen. Please don’t ruin it with your predictions ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

He has a Matthew Stafford type career.  Wows you but not a difference maker. 

Sorry but this is a terrible comparison.   As a dawgs fan I have followed stafford since the day he signed.  Stafford is not the alpha male on any team.  He doesn't have the clutch gene in spite of his come from behind wins (he was the reason they were behind quite often.)  

He will not win a superbowl and I believe Josh will.  Josh has more heart in his baby finger that stafford does...now his wife on other hand is a champ. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a big Allen fan and think he will continue to develop and become one of the best in the league.  I still have some doubts.  Can anyone point to examples of NFL QBs who flashed great potential in their first couple of years, but had some question marks, and eventually became great?  I would exclude a guy like Aaron Rodgers, who was not starting and playing in his first few years.  Cam Newton was fantastic as a rookie, so he doesn't follow this pattern.  I think Big Ben had a great rookie year too, so he wouldn't fit the bill.  Mahomes only started 1 game as a rookie then was lights out in year 2, so again, he wouldn't fit the bill either.  Brady was on the bench, but became an instant winner once he took over the starting job, so again, doesn't fit the mold.

One that kind of fits the bill is Alex Smith, who struggled his first few years, but eventually became very good (but not great).  I'd appreciate any input from the board.  It would make me feel better about Allen's prospects if we can find suitable comparisons for high potential guys took some time to reach the highest levels, but got there....

• Thank you (+1) 1