James Harrison says Tomlin gave envelope after hit

9 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

If there's truth to this, there has to (or I guess should) be punishment for it.  The league has shown they don't mind going back several years to make their point, and they CERTAINLY don't mind being judge, jury, executioner

I couldn’t agree more.  I’m not indicting Tomlin unless there is some type of evidence like a video from a phone or something.  I also am very skeptical of anything James Harrison states a decade later, but if there is proof, the discipline committee needs to severely punish the Steelers, Tomlin, and so on.  I know you didn’t say it, but for others who do not know the CBA well, it’s not Goodell anymore handing out discipline.

10 hours ago, Happy said:

I vaguely remember this, though recall it was a helmet to helmet hit of some degree.  It occurred going on 10 years ago so I doubt the NFL will do anything about it.

The NFL is doing the same strategy with the Bengals spy gate. Let it sit for a few years until everyone forgets it then slap the Pats on the wrist.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hey, Sean Payton ... go ***** yourself.

Sorry you and Gregggggggggggggggggggg were stupid enough to be caught.  All you do is whine.  Be a better and smarter coach, dickface.

If Ben Dreith was here, he would be penalizing you for 'giving us the business' with all those 'g's.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Maybe the envelope held an invitation to a birthday party. Did anyone think of that?

Envelopes don't always hold bounty money...

A 'written warning' placed in his record of employment?  ?  Many collective agreements allow for such discipline to be removed from the employee's record after a negotiated time period.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Maybe the envelope held an invitation to a birthday party. Did anyone think of that?

Envelopes don't always hold bounty money...

A hand written thank you note is always nice

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

If there's truth to this, there has to (or I guess should) be punishment for it.  The league has shown they don't mind going back several years to make their point, and they CERTAINLY don't mind being judge, jury, executioner

Truth and proof are different.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:33 PM, Happy said:

This is a valid point.  Sean Payton seems to be doing more whining as of late.

Whining is a sign of competitiveness.  At least that is what they say about T*m Br*dy in Ta*pa B*y.

Personally I think Harrison is channeling his inner Sammy Watkins.

More on this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/james-harrison-clarifies-envelope-comment-says-mike-tomlin-never-paid-me-for-trying-to-hurt-someone/

James Harrison clarifies 'envelope' comment, says Mike Tomlin 'never paid me for trying to hurt someone'
Harrison said Tomlin's alleged envelope was meant to help cover his fine

Edited by Limeaid
combined update with original post
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

When they investigated Greggo I do believe they interviewed Bills players and investigated his time there as well as Washington.  Could be wrong though.

if you trace the players/coaches involved or that made comments about it being normal - nearly every team in the league had some tie to a “big hit pool” type of system. 

a bounty to pay for a dirty hit with intent to injure  is a far stretch from all the defenders throwing in “fines” for mistakes and getting payouts for the biggest hits of the week though.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

if you trace the players/coaches involved or that made comments about it being normal - nearly every team in the league had some tie to a “big hit pool” type of system. 

a bounty to pay for a dirty hit with intent to injure  is a far stretch from all the defenders throwing in “fines” for mistakes and getting payouts for the biggest hits of the week though.

Agreed.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:49 PM, Gugny said:

Hey, Sean Payton ... go ***** yourself.

Sorry you and Gregggggggggggggggggggg were stupid enough to be caught.  All you do is whine.  Be a better and smarter coach, dickface.

I'm on the fence with this myself. 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, KD in CA said:

Payton is certainly accurate on that.....the Steelers and Tomlin are untouchable from a discipline standpoint.....but that doesn't mean he deserves one iota of sympathy. 

Not coincidentally there was a committee of three owners that determined Goodell’s compensation packages and recommended them to the full ownership board for approval.  Those three were Rooney, Kraft and Mora.