James Harrison says Tomlin gave envelope after hit

James Harrison says Mike Tomlin gave him envelope after hit on Mohamed Massaquoi

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29176288/james-harrison-says-mike-tomlin-gave-envelope-hit-mohamed-massaquoi

Art Rooney II: “No basis” for believing James Harrison’s claims

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/14/art-rooney-ii-no-basis-for-believing-james-harrisons-claims/

I vaguely remember this, though recall it was a helmet to helmet hit of some degree.  It occurred going on 10 years ago so I doubt the NFL will do anything about it.

8 minutes ago, Happy said:

I vaguely remember this, though recall it was a helmet to helmet hit of some degree.  It occurred going on 10 years ago so I doubt the NFL will do anything about it.

Its at the very least given Sean Payton the opportunity to throw a tantrum though

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

If there's truth to this, there has to (or I guess should) be punishment for it.  The league has shown they don't mind going back several years to make their point, and they CERTAINLY don't mind being judge, jury, executioner

7 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

If there's truth to this, there has to (or I guess should) be punishment for it.  The league has shown they don't mind going back several years to make their point, and they CERTAINLY don't mind being judge, jury, executioner

Please share an example of the league going back a decade to investigate something 

"Listen, on everything I love, on my daddy's grave, I hit that man with about 50 percent of what I had, and I just hit him because I wanted him to let loose of the ball," Harrison said on the podcast. "If I had knew they was gonna fine me $75,000, I would have tried to kill him."

That’s some quote there. 

58 minutes ago, papazoid said:

James Harrison says Mike Tomlin gave him envelope after hit on Mohamed Massaquoi

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29176288/james-harrison-says-mike-tomlin-gave-envelope-hit-mohamed-massaquoi

Art Rooney II: “No basis” for believing James Harrison’s claims

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/14/art-rooney-ii-no-basis-for-believing-james-harrisons-claims/

Yup.  Probably gave him a FedEx envelope from the league.

27 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Payton is certainly accurate on that.....the Steelers and Tomlin are untouchable from a discipline standpoint.....but that doesn't mean he deserves one iota of sympathy. 

Tomlin was fined $100k for trying to trip Jacoby Jones during the Thanksgiving night game several years back. He probably should have been suspended, as well, but wasn't.  I don't think an unsportsmanlike penalty was even called on him during the game like it should have been.  He did get off easy, much like the Patriots do.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Please share an example of the league going back a decade to investigate something 

When they investigated Greggo I do believe they interviewed Bills players and investigated his time there as well as Washington.  Could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Happy said:

Tomlin was fined $100k for trying to trip Jacoby Jones during the Thanksgiving night game several years back. He probably should have been suspended, as well, but wasn't.  I don't think an unsportsmanlike penalty was even called on him during the game like it should have been.  He did get off easy, much like the Patriots do.

He should have gotten at least the one year suspension Payton got.  Dude literally walked onto the field during the play to prevent the other team from scoring.

That’s worse than anything NE has ever done.  Far worse than the block thrown on the sidelines by that meathead for the Jets on the punt gunner.

NFL and the media swept it under the rug as quickly as possible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Happy said:

He should have been suspended for that BS, can you imagine if the guy had gotten injured?

Also Payton is a scumbag

34 minutes ago, Happy said:

That play was total BS. Prevented a touchdown cuz his team let a dude breakaway.

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He should have been suspended for that BS, can you imagine if the guy had gotten injured?

Also Payton is a scumbag

This is a valid point.  Sean Payton seems to be doing more whining as of late.

Hey, Sean Payton ... go ***** yourself.

Sorry you and Gregggggggggggggggggggg were stupid enough to be caught.  All you do is whine.  Be a better and smarter coach, dickface.

• Haha (+1) 4

Honestly I doubt this is an isolated situation. I suspect owners/coaches find a way to compensate players who get fined, if they are OK with what they did/want to encourage it more. I also suspect Kraft has found a way to compensate Brady over the years for taking "team friendly" deals. But I have no evidence of it.

But with that said, all Harrison said was, he got an envelope. We can infer it was full of cash, but he never said it was cash (at least from the quotes I have read). To admit it was cash would be stupid, no? Did he declare it on his taxes or write off the fine?

• Like (+1) 3