Josh's passing stats for 2019 aren't as bad as many people think.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:04 PM, wvbillsfan said:

I’m not worried about Josh until he stops improving. We can talk drops, lack of the long ball, he was the third most pressured qb in the NFL, weapons, etc etc wash rinse and repeat. 
He looked better last year than he did the year before. Let’s see if he can repeat that. If he does......look out NFL

That's exactly how I see it.

Allen had NINE new starters.......  NINE. Let that sink in.

He almost has a full supporting cast in year 3 and I would like to think that with his talent and the addition of a mega-talent like Diggs, the sky is the limit.

We shall see.

3k yards on a team that was nursing leads late in many games and even in most losses was still very competitive (which means no obvious passing situations to inflate stats) along with an over 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio all in 15 starts isn't bad even if the completion percentage leaves a bit to be desired.

Only 27 starts.  He improved, and will get better.

Eli Manning had 3336 passing yards, 56 completion % and 20 INT's the year they wont the SB in 2007.  Also had 25 INT's the year before they won SB in 2011.  But he was a winner, and when he needed to make a play he did.

I foresee a long career ahead for Allen due to his competitiveness. and drive.  His stats won't define him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok, I’ll take this bet.  I’m gonna DM you for a record of it.  We need to have a games played qualifier though just in case Josh got hurt during a small sample size.  Like he completed 75% week 1 but got hurt week 2 for season, that wouldn’t be a fair win on my part, and vice versa.

I think 10 games would be a good sample size, but let me know if you’re thinking a different number.

Im thinking 12 games.   Thats 75% of the season. 

Also, are we going regular season or regular and post season combined. 

Edited by TwistofFate

12 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Im thinking 12 games.   Thats 75% of the season. 

Also, are we going regular season or regular and post season combined. 

Just regular season, because that is what the comp % tracks.  It tracks them separately, so when someone says he is a 60% passer, its referencing his regular season stats.  

Ok, and 12 games it is.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Just regular season, because that is what the comp % tracks.  It tracks them separately, so when someone says he is a 60% passer, its referencing his regular season stats.  

Ok, and 12 games it is.  

Then its a bet. 

On 5/15/2020 at 9:19 PM, TwistofFate said:

Like I already said, easiest bet there could be. 

Ill take that bet for 100$ all day. 

History is on my side, analytics are on my side, Strength of Schedule is on my side. 

Ill go 100$ same as with Alpha. 

Actually, as I previously laid out, the only hope that you have is for Allen to regress and for his WRs to continue to be the worst group in the NFL in catch percentage.

• Like (+1) 3

When you just look at Allen’s stats by themselves, or compared to previous Bills QBs, they are not that bad...when you look at them compared to the rest of the NFL QBs in 2019, they are pretty poor- especially for a top 10 pick in his second year...there is really no way around it...?

29 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

When you just look at Allen’s stats by themselves, or compared to previous Bills QBs, they are not that bad...when you look at them compared to the rest of the NFL QBs in 2019, they are pretty poor- especially for a top 10 pick in his second year...there is really no way around it...?

I think you have to take into account that generally McDermott/Daboll call a conservative game. If we got a lead, they'd turtle and count on the D. We'll see what happens this year. Hopefully there is a season so we can find out.

37 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Which stats?

I guess many of you see some QB's with a completion average of 65% and say that's good and see Josh's average at 58.8 and say that is terrible, but that is only a difference of two completions a game. And Josh more than makes up for that difference with the other aspects of his game.  That is winning games. By the way, he  led the whole NFL in come from behind victories.  Stop bashing him.  He is a winner.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2020 at 12:31 PM, TwistofFate said:

Allen has never eclipsed 60% in his entire career when attempting more than 20 passes.   That includes college.

Did you not watch at all this season he did exactly that 9 times.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Actually, as I previously laid out, the only hope that you have is for Allen to regress and for his WRs to continue to be the worst group in the NFL in catch percentage.

It’s honestly a really dumb bet and what’s it more funny is that “TwistofFate” thinks it’s a no brainer. 

like you said. Allen would literally have to get no better and somehow the wr’s would have to drop as many balls as last year.... and now they have diggs. 

how he thinks that’s a smart bet, I have no clue. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s honestly a really dumb bet and what’s it more funny is that “TwistofFate” thinks it’s a no brainer. 

like you said. Allen would literally have to get no better and somehow the wr’s would have to drop as many balls as last year.... and now they have diggs. 

how he thinks that’s a smart bet, I have no clue. 

Since PFR started tracking drops nobody has had a worse drop% than Allen last year

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Don’t play shy, youre itching to throw out some numbers And I’m obliging you

Quickly to the google mobile lol

I’m not itching to throw out anything. The numbers are what they are and they have been discussed and argued plenty. 

Fact remains that Allen was ranked in the bottom 3rd in most of the commonly used passing stats. If you want to blame his receivers for that then it probably wouldn’t be the craziest argument to make. But it’s been stated many times now that Allen has a good supporting cast so this year should be a true measure of what he’s capable of. If we get more of the same then I think it’s time we are open to the possibility that he may not be what we hope he is. 

47 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

I guess many of you see some QB's with a completion average of 65% and say that's good and see Josh's average at 58.8 and say that is terrible, but that is only a difference of two completions a game. And Josh more than makes up for that difference with the other aspects of his game.  That is winning games. By the way, he  led the whole NFL in come from behind victories.  Stop bashing him.  He is a winner.

You know what’s better than always having to come from behind? Scoring enough points early on so you don’t have to.

Allen has a fire in his belly and tends to play great when he has to which is excellent. I’d just prefer us not take games down to the wire so often. Much better on my heart when you build a lead early and can watch our defense pin their ears back the rest of the way.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1