Arrest warrant for armed robbery issued for Giants CB DeAndre Baker

Apparently facing mandatory minimum of 10 years to life if convicted on 4 armed robbery charges...what an idiot...him and the other guy(who isn't being charged due to "insufficient evidence") lost 70K playing cards the night before so they come back the next night and pull out a gun to rob people of valuables??  Its called if you can't afford to lose, don't play.

Character never matters versus talent until it actually matters...Giants really probably should have done their homework more.

Edited by matter2003

WTH was this guy thinking ? If you make the minimum yearly salary for the NFL what is that - like $700K a yr and you want to pull gun to steal a maybe $1k watch and at 22 jeopardize  a 10 yr career of $700K per yr i guess his wonder lick score was pretty low ...

18 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently facing mandatory minimum of 10 years to life if convicted on 4 armed robbery charges...what an idiot...him and the other guy(who isn't being charged due to "insufficient evidence") lost 70K playing cards the night before so they come back the next night and pull out a gun to rob people of valuables??  Its called if you can't afford to lose, don't play.

Character never matters versus talent until it actually matters...Giants really probably should have done their homework more.

I mean, I thought it was pretty well known that he had some character concerns coming out. Obviously not this extreme, but many thought he was over drafted cause of the risk. That turned out accurate.

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I doubt that it was strictly a matter of money.  This looks more like it was about ego - or maybe because they thought they got cheated.  There’s no logical rationale to do what they did, just an emotional one.  

• Like (+1) 1