Are masks readily available now?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/mask-shortage-for-most-health-care-workers-extended-into-may-post-ipsos-poll-shows/2020/05/20/1ddbe588-9a21-11ea-ac72-3841fcc9b35f_story.html

‘Mask shortage for most health-care workers extended into May, Post-Ipsos poll shows’

Front-line health-care workers still experienced shortages of critical equipmentneeded for protection from the coronavirus into early May — including nearly two-thirds who cited insufficient supplies of the face masks that filter out most airborne particles, according to a Washington Post-Ipsos poll.

More than 4 in 10 also saw shortages of less protective surgical masks and 36 percent said their supply of hand sanitizer was running low, according to the poll. Roughly 8 in 10 reported wearing one mask for an entire shift, and more than 7 in 10 had to wear the same mask more than once.

Edited by BillsFan4

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Hypoallergenic-Households-Sensitive-Protection/dp/B086WNNTNQ

I ordered these. They came quick and seem to be pretty good quality. Definitely better than some of the thin paper ones I’ve seen around. They’re not medical grade, but none of these disposable masks on amazon are (at least that I can find). 

Edited by BillsFan4

On 5/14/2020 at 8:23 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Let's be honest. Most people are just putting things on their face with no idea of what the exact benefit is. As long as you wrap something around your head the general public won't look at you like you're a leper and let you pass in peace.

The benefit is to others, not the person wearing the mask.

Is the concept of doing something for the greater good and not yourself beyond you?

If we all wear masks, we all help each other.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The benefit is to others, not the person wearing the mask.

Is the concept of doing something for the greater good and not yourself beyond you?

If we all wear masks, we all help each other.

FWIW, I agree with both of you - "if we all wear masks, we all help each other" AND "most people are putting things on their face with no idea what the exact benefit is" (because mask studies of different materials for blocking outward transmission are not very thorough or great)

If it helps society open up and STAY OPEN, seems to me like a little discomfort from masking-up in the social good is worth the attempt. 

I can't believe how many people are just SEPTIC about it  "doesn't block virus" "blocks oxygen and CO2" (amusingly, sometimes from the same people - make up your mind, folks) "interferes with my erectile function and causes leprosy" but I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised - I do remember all the kerfluffle when mandatory seat belt laws began to be passed.  There was all kinds of stuff that has been disproven "better to be thrown clear" blah blah and all kinds of objections.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I ordered 3 more on Amazon today and they are supposed to come tomorrow.

My wife ordered from Amazon yesterday or the day before, and they arrived today. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

As the story goes..."ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon, will let you knows which came first."

:lol:

I can't believe I have never heard that before.