Are masks readily available now?

When I used to try to masks I'd find companies/people pulling scams - selling items which descriptions did not match items, breaking boxes open and selling at small quantities for high markup / delivery charges, sellers selling masks with 6+ weeks deliveries and then cancelling orders and advertising again at higher prices, etc.

Recently I have found more dependable sellers, sellers I heard of before COVID-19, selling masks.  

Examples:

• 3-Ply Disposable Face Mask Individual Pack - Box of 30, $32.99, free shipping, delivery within a week
  • 50 Pcs Thick Disposable 3-Layer Breathable Face Mask, $29.99, free shipping, delivery within a week

Have production caught up with demand?

I was forced to go to CVS just earlier today (apparently UPS thinks an oil filter needs a signature.......different story) and they have masks sitting in a basket at the register, tons of rubbing alcohol, and tons of hand sani. Someone is making sure these supplies are forced to certain locations and only are available in person. Beats the hoarders of March, that's for sure.

14 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I was forced to go to CVS just earlier today (apparently UPS thinks an oil filter needs a signature.......different story) and they have masks sitting in a basket at the register, tons of rubbing alcohol, and tons of hand sani. Someone is making sure these supplies are forced to certain locations and only are available in person. Beats the hoarders of March, that's for sure.

You get oil filters at CVS?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You get oil filters at CVS?

Don't derail the OP's topic or I'll report you!  

Anyway, UPS left a note on my front door last night, as I was out back grilling. Instead of trying another delivery today to ME, they said it would be taken to a local CVS instead. So yes, I had to go to CVS to get an oil filter from Amazon, because UPS wouldn't deliver it without a signature to me. 

What times are these.........

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

Don't derail the OP's topic or I'll report you!  

Anyway, UPS left a note on my front door last night, as I was out back grilling. Instead of trying another delivery today to ME, they said it would be taken to a local CVS instead. So yes, I had to go to CVS to get an oil filter from Amazon, because UPS wouldn't deliver it without a signature to me. 

What times are these.........

One year for Christmas I got my son an obscure metal band t-shirt.  Ordered it from Poland.  Sender put signature required and the the USPS would not leave it.   It was such a pain in the ass.

At least in the Rochester area towns are giving away masks. The giveaway ran smooth as silk in my town, in and out of the town hall in five minutes without ever leaving the car, only stopped for a few seconds while the chief of police tossed a pack of 25 in to an open window. I've read where another town had an hour wait for 6 masks.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

One year for Christmas I got my son an obscure metal band t-shirt.  Ordered it from Poland.  Sender put signature required and the the USPS would not leave it.   It was such a pain in the ass.

I get items requiring signature like my RSA token which is used for secure authentication. 

My agency told me I needed to be home and available or it would be returned to office.

The delivery person just signed it "T. Cat" (tomcat) as person who received it and did not bother ringing bell, knocking or calling.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..you can order 50 today on Amazon for $34.99 and have them by Saturday (70 cents each)...……...

I tried that once and the sender changed delivery date twice before I cancelled.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Early 90's Rod Stewart isn't metal, Gugs..........

**DISCLAIMER: I love The Faces**

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

What about gloves? We’re getting critically low at my office, about to get some old school dish gloves and leave em on all day.

Try a beauty supply store. My local shop had shelves of them.  Latex (or nitrile) exam gloves.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I get items requiring signature like my RSA token which is used for secure authentication. 

My agency told me I needed to be home and available or it would be returned to office.

The delivery person just signed it "T. Cat" (tomcat) as person who received it and did not bother ringing bell, knocking or calling.

I tried that once and the sender changed delivery date twice before I cancelled.

..quick count shows at least a dozen vendors ship dates from May 16 to May 20......

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

When I used to try to masks I'd find companies/people pulling scams - selling items which descriptions did not match items, breaking boxes open and selling at small quantities for high markup / delivery charges, sellers selling masks with 6+ weeks deliveries and then cancelling orders and advertising again at higher prices, etc.

Recently I have found more dependable sellers, sellers I heard of before COVID-19, selling masks.  

Examples:

• 3-Ply Disposable Face Mask Individual Pack - Box of 30, $32.99, free shipping, delivery within a week
  • 50 Pcs Thick Disposable 3-Layer Breathable Face Mask, $29.99, free shipping, delivery within a week

Have production caught up with demand?

Those arent N95 masks which were the main subject of short supply since they are medical-grade PPE.

There are plenty of lesser-than masks available which can be worn to help control how far your exhale travels but will not necessarily filter out the virus.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Those arent N95 masks which were the main subject of short supply since they are medical-grade PPE.

There are plenty of lesser-than masks available which can be worn to help control how far your exhale travels but will not necessarily filter out the virus.

Several months ago I tried to buy plain medical masks because they were all sold out in Hong Kong for my relatives.  I could not find one source not made it the factories where virus produced which could deliver in less than a month. I was able to find some n95 masks to mail to my brother-in-law who works at a hospital.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Several months ago I tried to buy plain medical masks because they were all sold out in Hong Kong for my relatives.  I could not find one source not made it the factories where virus produced which could deliver in less than a month. I was able to find some n95 masks to mail to my brother-in-law who works at a hospital.

True, a couple months ago everything was sold out. I'm sure production is up, and demand is down since so many people stockpiled in March. I know my mother got herself enough masks to last her through the year and isn't trying to buy any anytime soon.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..you can order 50 today on Amazon for $34.99 and have them by Saturday (70 cents each)...……...

My wife ordered 100 more masks on-line several weeks ago. It would appear they are either veeeeeery slooooow to deliver, or we have been scammed. If I could walk into a CVS to get some I’d do that, but I haven’t been making extra trips like that. Maybe pick up an oil filter while I’m there. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife ordered 100 more masks on-line several weeks ago. It would appear they are either veeeeeery slooooow to deliver, or we have been scammed. If I could walk into a CVS to get some I’d do that, but I haven’t been making extra trips like that. Maybe pick up an oil filter while I’m there. 

Some vendors are selling at once price and using received money to try buy more masks to sell at higher prices.

I disputed charge when I was told post sale there was a delay and would get masks 5-6 weeks later.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

sacrilege for stating the above

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Let's be honest. Most people are just putting things on their face with no idea of what the exact benefit is. As long as you wrap something around your head the general public won't look at you like you're a leper and let you pass in peace.

• Like (+1) 1