Dion Dawkins CBS Radio 5/13

Today on Rome:

- (Currently in Fla)

- (Talked about virtual visit to Children's hospital)

- What were you like as kid as player

- Kid same as now - caring heart, look out for people.  I didn't even realize at the time I was that kind of person, but there were things that I did - <Told story of in middle school taking box of teacher's favorite cereal (Froot Loops) to her home after she lost a baby>  As far as football in Rahway it was different, the field was always muddy, always swampy, and it was definitely hard to get off the line of scrimmage (ed note - ?)

- Shnow man

- Shnow came into existence when I was in high school.  In North Jersey when it was cold I would always hope for a snow day, which I called a schnow day, because I'd make my schmoney - I go shovel driveways and ask people if they wanted their cars started - it was my bread and butter so I've just kept the schnow falling

- Bills Mafia 

- They are family - I treat them that way.  They embraced me as soon as my name crossed the screen.  It has been a huge family experience.  Coming from Temple, which isn't like the Alabama/LSU of the football world so I've never had that level of excitement from playing and being an athlete.  Once I felt it I was like you know what - I respect you people, they live their life for football, they love it so much and they show us so much love and respect - if at the least what they want is for me to acknowledge them I Owill do it every day, every day, just to keep them smiling and for them to understand players are just as normal as you guys - and to win we're going to need the entire family to circle the wagons with us

- 2018 not as good - McD's comments "Thought as a whole he was too inconsistent - this will be an important offseason" putting him on notice

- I realized in this league you have to be at your best.  When he said that to the media and me personally - it was what I needed to hear.  Came down to Fla and hit the groud rolling and came back and actually won the most consistent player award.  It was something I had on my mind every day working out - to be the opposite of what I was my sophomore year.    Hopefully is showed

- It certainly did - you were nominated to be a captain so everyone obviously took note.  On last thing - in week 1 last year the team had a comeback against the Jets and you dropped quote post game "If you think about it it's like a train.  You've got to oil that train up and start that engine, if it's a diesel truck you've got to start out slow and then that thing opens up and then you're gone.  That's exactly what happened - you just keep churning.  If you're making mac-n-cheese you stir the mac-n-cheese up - you stir the mac-n-cheese up and eventually the mac-n-cheese is going to be nice and wet and juicy - you know what I'm saying"  did you come up with that in the moment?

- Yes definitely in the moment.  It's weird how my brain connects certain things - for some people they said it was off left (sic), but it still made sense

- What for team to take next step

- Consistency and for everyone to trust in themselves and what they need to be doing.  All we have to do is do our 1/11th the best way and the rest will fall in place.  Josh Allen is our QB and we're going to roll with him and keep the army going right behind Sean McDermott and we're going to keep this thing turning and we're going to attack it every day.  Just win your 1/11th and just keep it going

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 18

? I hear/see this so much, it must be me that’s missing something. Yes, he didn’t play as well in his 2nd Season, but he knew he didn’t and doubled down big time last year. Is he Wil Wolford? No. Not yet anyway. But there are no more than 30 people in the entire universe who are the unquestioned Left Tackle for an NFL club. No other LT joined the team this season, while adding a Kicker and QB in 7 Draft picks. That says Everything about how McBeane sees his contribution. His teammates named him Captain. His charity work is fantastically non-stop. He’s entering his 2nd contract year. He’s garnered a huuuge following and the Mafia loves him.

yeah, hope he steps up his game..?‍♂️

36 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Love the Schnowman, hopefully he takes his game up a level as this is a big year for him

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Today on Rome:

I noticed quite a few misspellings and some bad punctuation.  Would you mind going back through this and fixing those things?  Thanks.

Just kidding, man!!!  Thanks VERY much for transcribing.  Much appreciated!!!!

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I noticed quite a few misspellings and some bad punctuation.  Would you mind going back through this and fixing those things?  Thanks.

That's how he spoke ;)

Actually - it was interesting there were times his very slight speech impediment came out - but he did a good job holding it together.  Definitely comes off as a genuine good guy.

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, stevewin said:

That's how he spoke ;)

Actually - it was interesting there were times his very slight speech impediment came out - but he did a good job holding it together.  Definitely comes off as a genuine good guy.

I noticed his rookie season he has a slight speech impediment which makes it even more amazing how good he is in front of a mic!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What he not say about Sammy Watkins?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Because he is not a moron and added it to conversation it does not belong.

What is your opinion why he didn't?

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

43 minutes ago, stevewin said:

That's how he spoke ;)

No one appreciates a T(rue) Master....