Happy 70th Birthday to Stevie Wonder

WhoTom

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Stevie Wonder can see.  Book it.

As someone who is legally blind in one eye can tell you being blind does not mean inability to see - it means unable to see well enough to recognize objects ad certain distances.  

Stevie may see partial objects fuzzily while still being blind.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

As someone who is legally blind in one eye can tell you being blind does not mean inability to see - it means unable to see well enough to recognize objects ad certain distances.  

Stevie may see partial objects fuzzily while still being blind.

So you're saying he's a fraud who's capitalized on "blindness."  I tend to agree.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you're saying he's a fraud who's capitalized on "blindness."  I tend to agree.

Not at all.  Just saying it s possible he has some vision while being blind but not anything to prove he was not blind. 

Lots of things are stated in press without proof and then accepted by those who were inclined to think that anyways.

I have been told if I lose my good eye I will become legally blind and even though I have issues with good eye doctors will not do surgery because of liability if something goes wrong making me blind. SO my vision deteriorates until I will be blind and then some doctor will try to fix it.

I had a friend who was blind, needed to read everything via braille, etc but if you walked up to him he could see someone approaching but could not tell if it was Roseanne Barr or Danny Devito.   Does that not make him blind because he has some light sensitivity? 

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

he could see someone approaching but could not tell if it was Roseanne Barr or Danny Devito

Shouldn't you have picked two things that look different?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Ok Simon and Chris Evans.

I looked up who Chris Evans is and his ridiculously prepared hair is definitely different from my gorgeous natural locks, so that comparative differentiation kinda sorta works in a pinch.