Right or wrong time for season tickets?

So my cousin and I (from Ontario) really want to get into the season ticket game, I have talked with a Bills sales rep. Not sure how much he is really in the know, I know his job is too sell tickets. 

We can't really seem to make up our mind for this season? If we get in now, I think unless I am wrong that guarantees us same seats for 2021? If we wait for 2021, will it be harder for us to buy season tickets. I think the excitement and talent level has us in a direct window for the next few  years  of competing for the Superbowl. 

As far as I am told, if we get in this year, any games that fans can't attend will be either refunded, or credited until next year. That's ok. But what happens if say only 25% of fans can come. How do they choose? I can't speculate how many season tickets seats are accounted for in the stadium. 

What happens if we can't cross the border (worst case scenario) but games with fans are being played? Are we out of luck..Maybe not realistic but I am trying to think of all contingencies..

Have any of you long term season ticket holders heard anything news worthy?

Your thoughts on season tickets? We probably won't get into club seats or anything like that, but are there any perks for season tickets in the 100 level section seating?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I've been a STH'er since 2003, even though I live 500 miles away. I come in for a couple games and sell the rest. I've always managed to break even. 

This year is uncharted territory. And how things break in the future who can say? I would roll the dice on some high corner upper deck seats. They're affordable and now is the time to get on the bandwagon. Plus you're all set for those home playoff games.

Since the Bills will refund you for games that you can't attend you're protected there. I can't speak on the border situation though.

Forgot to mention you get NFL game pass for free as a STH perk. I know it's free now anyway but not forever.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

This year is the perfect year to buy. While I'm an eternal optimist that we will be ok come the fall, you will have your seats waiting for you in 2021 no matter what.

Unfortunately, there really aren't many perks aside from being able to go to the games. Thats really all i need. I have a feeling StubHub prices will be high this year, so go ahead and buy!

The best incentive, is you will only pay about $4 in a convenience fee for your entire season ticket package. As opposed to paying $10-$15 in fees per ticket for individual games.

Edited by wagon127

10 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

This year is the perfect year to buy. While I'm an eternal optimist that we will be ok come the fall, you will have your seats waiting for you in 2021 no matter what.

Unfortunately, there really aren't many perks aside from being able to go to the games. Thats really all i need. I have a feeling StubHub prices will be high this year, so go ahead and buy!

The best incentive, is you will only pay about $4 in a convenience fee for your entire season ticket package. As opposed to paying $10-$15 in fees per ticket for individual games.

Are you allowed to buy? Even though I am a Bills fan I am also a Jets STH. I have my payments charged to my credit card over 4 months. The first payment I was charged but the last 2 months I received an e-mail from the Jets saying they were suspending payments to my account.  The Bills might not take anyone's money right now given the times. A co-worker of mine is also a Giants STH and he said the Giants are doing the same thing.

30 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Are you allowed to buy? Even though I am a Bills fan I am also a Jets STH. I have my payments charged to my credit card over 4 months. The first payment I was charged but the last 2 months I received an e-mail from the Jets saying they were suspending payments to my account.  The Bills might not take anyone's money right now given the times. A co-worker of mine is also a Giants STH and he said the Giants are doing the same thing.

Hmmm, i wouldnt know about that. My friend and I both agreed it was best to pay for our seasons in full, before our wives changed their minds haha. Obviously, Bills tickets are much cheaper then giants or jets tickets. The OP stated he was already talking to a rep, so i think the bills must still be taking new ticket sales.

They sent an email to me saying they are willing to work with anyone who might have a hard time making payments right now. But yes, if you can still afford it no problem, they are taking any payments. I've already paid a grand for my seats in 134.

Crossing the border is definitely a concern.  Maybe the border will be open and you’ll need a 14 day quarantine upon return.  I don’t know about you, but my wife would have my head under those conditions.

That said, I’d buy the cheapest seats they have just to be on board, and if you want better seats upgrade in the season seat holder upgrade window the following year.  Given the economy, unfortunately I’d suspect there will be good upgrade opportunities next spring as they will probably have a higher number than normal of members not renewing.

If the games are played to fans in the stadium, it’s quite unlikely the stadium will be sold to capacity, so you can probably decline your seats on a per game basis - or if you are assigned a couple games by the bills, I’d suspect the tickets made available will be in high demand anyways - so that minimizes the financial risk if you can’t attend.

I just got called today by my ticket rep at 340 pm i asked him 3 ?

1) are they letting everyone in 

He said as of right know the NFL (rich people) are allowing everyone in.

2) if we are not allowed to come a game or two what happens.

If the NFL tells us there will be limited or no fans allowed we will refund you all of the money for tickets and parking passes

3) are they going to open up the RV lot to more people, and will it open up to me on the waiting list

No clue was his answer

So to answer your question tickets are cheep and we live in upstate ny, govener does not have any skin in the game.

You have to deal with the state. 

Will NY let people into a stadium?

Deal with the fact there is a real global pandemic.

Do I want to risk infection and spread? 

Lastly, you have to deal with your money.

With an expected ~-30%GPD, which is unprecedented, for the next quarter, should you save your beans or plant them?

I have been considering seasons again, too (had them for a season about 5 years ago).  I'm only able to make 2-3 games a year, so a scenario where I'm limited to 2ish games would be ideal.

Looking on the Bills website, there seems to be very limited selection of available seats.  When you spoke with the sales rep, did he mention or comment on amount of tickets remaining for the season?

22 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

So my cousin and I (from Ontario) really want to get into the season ticket game, I have talked with a Bills sales rep. Not sure how much he is really in the know, I know his job is too sell tickets. 

We can't really seem to make up our mind for this season? If we get in now, I think unless I am wrong that guarantees us same seats for 2021? If we wait for 2021, will it be harder for us to buy season tickets. I think the excitement and talent level has us in a direct window for the next few  years  of competing for the Superbowl. 

As far as I am told, if we get in this year, any games that fans can't attend will be either refunded, or credited until next year. That's ok. But what happens if say only 25% of fans can come. How do they choose? I can't speculate how many season tickets seats are accounted for in the stadium. 

What happens if we can't cross the border (worst case scenario) but games with fans are being played? Are we out of luck..Maybe not realistic but I am trying to think of all contingencies..

Have any of you long term season ticket holders heard anything news worthy?

Your thoughts on season tickets? We probably won't get into club seats or anything like that, but are there any perks for season tickets in the 100 level section seating?

Well first off you will not get Sunday Ticket for free in Canada......DAZN owns the rights and you need to buy their pkg.

You do get a card worth 2% of your ticket value that you can use for food or Bills gear.

Second up is the border...….. who knows when it will be open to regular traffic

My tickets are on auto renew with my CC and at the time of yeah or nay on this season this Covid crisis was not even here yet or I may have cancelled them.

I don't know how they will handle it if the border remains closed and they do allow fans to cross...they may just tell us Canucks too bad just list the tickets on the Ticket Master site.

Now that the team is turning the corner and we have an exciting young QB its a good time to be a fan even with the 40% exchange rate.:)

Edited by JMF2006
added to cross and too not to
  • Like (+1) 2

I've been making payments since March. I've gotten a few emails telling me I can defer payments if i need to, as well as some info about if games are cancelled/no fans

Since I'm still working, I'm OK with making the payments. If we get to September and they tell me I can't attend, well, that will suck because I love going to games. But i'll get my money back and watch on TV. I'd rather everyone be safe and healthy than attend a football game. I'm hoping by September, we can be a more normal world. Time will tell i suppose