Josh Norman discusses expectations for Bills on TMZ

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So in your opinion, he just didn’t fit Washington’s defense and still has gas left in the tank?

Yea. I think he did better in Washington than the narrative up and until 2019. He was bad in 2019 but on a dreadful defense all round. 

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I certainly think it was a big contributing factor. 

He may have also not have been happy with the scheme...the team being not very good, and he maybe didn't dedicate himself completely.

Either way this situation is better on numerous levels for him, so I definitely think he will be the starter opposite Tre...so long as his athleticism is where it needs to be.

I do not think he makes a very good #1 Corner with scheme designed around him which is what Washington tried to do.   There were a lot of comments when Washington signed him that he was being over paid and being in wrong scheme and they proved right.

I think he is being a little over paid here and would rather it be a salary + incentives contract.  Coach McD will understand how to modify scheme to get most use out of his skills hiding his weaknesses but opposing teams will try to get their best WRs on him one-on-one if he is starting #2 CB which is not his strength.  The good thing for Norman is the Bills facility including practice, training and therapy facilities are among best in NFL which are very important for older player.

19 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

All 32 teams should be interested in Newton unless the price tag is huge.

The guy has to many dings in the hood, needs a complete rebuild job

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

If the only step the offense takes is significantly less drops, and the D - as you say - doesn't miss a beat/Norman balls out, I absolutely agree that this is a Super Bowl-contending team.

@gugny if you let me, I´d add one more step to your comment, which is less fumbles from Josh... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about Wallace. He was picked on all season and came up short so many times. Kevin Johnson was way better than him. Would rather they have kept him. 

I think Wallace gets better with more game reps. He's young. He's got the talent. If I'm an O coordinator I'm throwing at Wallace or whoever is opposite White. He was just picked in because he was the lesser of two evils. Just has to grow in the role.

Edited by BeefCurtns
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if Cam is willing to be back up, Baltimore May want to consider over RG3. 

I don’t agree with All 32 teams as you don’t want to change your whole offense if you’re back up comes in. 

I think Covid 19 has really hurt Cam mainly because teams can't get their doctors to do a physical on him. Teams just don't know how healthy he is. I also think teams view him as unwilling to accept a backup role. Overall I think he is better suited to sit the season out and get fully healthy like Andrew Luck did in 2017. He needs to give his body time to heal and he needs to land in the right situation if he is to revive his career as a starter. Right now I don't see the best landing spot for him as a backup. I thought NE would have been a good fit as he can learn a precision passing system but I don't think he fits the model of QB they want. 

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

It's funny how he actually scratches his head when he says that Newton not being on a team is a headscratcher. 

CB2 is the biggest position of concern on the team (other than QB if Allen regresses) so if Norman can turn back the clock a bit, this defense will be even better this year. 

I know I’m in the minority when I say this but I’m not worried about the CB2 as most are , let’s not forget we also got EJ Gains who played pretty well ( when healthy) , also the upgrades that were made on DL with better pass rush should take some pressure off our backfield ,  I really believe that McD is expecting Norman to win the CB2 or else they wouldn’t have paid him 6-8 million, also they didn’t draft a CB till the 7th round that pretty much tells me that they’re happy with what they have , 

GO BILLS !!!!

18 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Covid 19 has really hurt Cam mainly because teams can't get their doctors to do a physical on him. Teams just don't know how healthy he is. I also think teams view him as unwilling to accept a backup role. Overall I think he is better suited to sit the season out and get fully healthy like Andrew Luck did in 2017. He needs to give his body time to heal and he needs to land in the right situation if he is to revive his career as a starter. Right now I don't see the best landing spot for him as a backup. I thought NE would have been a good fit as he can learn a precision passing system but I don't think he fits the model of QB they want. 

This confuses me a bit.  If a team wanted him to have an examination they could find a doctor to give him an examination and do  what tests they wish.  I know about hospitals shutting down and optional surgeries being postponed but lets be frank - when you have money you can get things done which are not available to common folk. Labs are still testing (my daughter has had to have tests done) and doctors still make some appointments (my daughter takes medicine which requires regular appiontments).

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This confuses me a bit.  If a team wanted him to have an examination they could find a doctor to give him an examination and do  what tests they wish.  I know about hospitals shutting down and optional surgeries being postponed but lets be frank - when you have money you can get things done which are not available to common folk. Labs are still testing (my daughter has had to have tests done) and doctors still make some appointments (my daughter takes medicine which requires regular appiontments).

Teams trust their doctors more than they trust outsourcing the medical opinions. I also think being unable to do workouts at facilites hurts. Teams want to be able to see a player with that kind of injury in person.

Gaines was playing FANTASTIC just before he got hurt. Unfortunately he seems to get hurt a lot. But wow, those 2 or 3 games I got to see (from 50 yard line upper deck), he was frustrating the hell out of good receivers. Nice tackler too. I hope he can return to that form - Im sure Beane has the same thing in mind.

1 hour ago, ElMarko said:

Gaines was playing FANTASTIC just before he got hurt. Unfortunately he seems to get hurt a lot. But wow, those 2 or 3 games I got to see (from 50 yard line upper deck), he was frustrating the hell out of good receivers. Nice tackler too. I hope he can return to that form - Im sure Beane has the same thing in mind.

Kevin Johnson also was a guy who got hurt constantly before he got to Buffalo and then last year when he was here I don’t think he got hurt at all. Hopefully Gaines has a similar injury free year. 

• Like (+1) 1