Josh Norman discusses expectations for Bills on TMZ

Summary 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/05/josh-norman-bills-would-be-afc-east-favorite-even-if-tom-brady-was-still-on-patriots.html

Link to watch on TMZ 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/13/josh-norman-buffalo-bills-all-world-season-nfl/

The former Pro Bowl corner tells us he's speaking it into existence now ... saying a reunion with Sean McDermottis the move he needed to make in order to become one of the game's best again.

"I feel like 'All-World' is coming," Norman says.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It's funny how he actually scratches his head when he says that Newton not being on a team is a headscratcher. 

CB2 is the biggest position of concern on the team (other than QB if Allen regresses) so if Norman can turn back the clock a bit, this defense will be even better this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Summary 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/05/josh-norman-bills-would-be-afc-east-favorite-even-if-tom-brady-was-still-on-patriots.html

Link to watch on TMZ 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/13/josh-norman-buffalo-bills-all-world-season-nfl/

The former Pro Bowl corner tells us he's speaking it into existence now ... saying a reunion with Sean McDermottis the move he needed to make in order to become one of the game's best again.

"I feel like 'All-World' is coming," Norman says.

Absolute terrible subtitles on TMZ video.  And I like the attitude Tom Brady or not this was the team to beat in AFC East.

I wonder what team he would be playing if he did not sign with Buffalo.

10 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

It's funny how he actually scratches his head when he says that Newton not being on a team is a headscratcher. 

CB2 is the biggest position of concern on the team (other than QB if Allen regresses) so if Norman can turn back the clock a bit, this defense will be even better this year. 

I don't see it as a huge concern.  Wallace manned the position and should get better.  But competition helps and hopefully Norman can find the fountain of youth.

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine if the rest of the D doesn’t miss a beat from last season and Norman plays at a ProBowl level. I think that could be enough to take us to a championship even without the offense taking another step.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't see it as a huge concern.  Wallace manned the position and should get better.  But competition helps and hopefully Norman can find the fountain of youth.

CB2 is really just a mild concern on a team without many of them. Our DB room in general is pretty well stocked. I’m confident someone steps up to take the job, whether it’s Wallace, Gaines, or Norman.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Imagine if the rest of the D doesn’t miss a beat from last season and Norman plays at a ProBowl level. I think that could be enough to take us to a championship even without the offense taking another step.

CB2 is really just a mild concern on a team without many of them. Our DB room in general is pretty well stocked. I’m confident someone steps up to take the job, whether it’s Wallace, Gaines, or Norman.

If the only step the offense takes is significantly less drops, and the D - as you say - doesn't miss a beat/Norman balls out, I absolutely agree that this is a Super Bowl-contending team.

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about Wallace. He was picked on all season and came up short so many times. Kevin Johnson was way better than him. Would rather they have kept him. 

Early in the season, Wallace was holding his own and doing well, then the slumped off toward the middle of the season.  Not sure why.

There is more than enough CBs right now, so the position should be set.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about Wallace. He was picked on all season and came up short so many times. Kevin Johnson was way better than him. Would rather they have kept him. 

Johnson was great depth for us and stepped up when he had to for the most part, but he disappointed me a bit in that playoff game. Playing against his former team on that big stage, I would’ve liked to have seen him play a little better in that moment. Not having Levi healthy impacted the team more than we know. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

If the only step the offense takes is significantly less drops, and the D - as you say - doesn't miss a beat/Norman balls out, I absolutely agree that this is a Super Bowl-contending team.

Having Diggs move into the #1 slot and pushing Brown to #2 will have a huge effect on the offense. 

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Absolute terrible subtitles on TMZ video.  And I like the attitude Tom Brady or not this was the team to beat in AFC East.

I wonder what team he would be playing if he did not sign with Buffalo.

Probably the Jets

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So in your opinion, he just didn’t fit Washington’s defense and still has gas left in the tank?

I certainly think it was a big contributing factor. 

He may have also not have been happy with the scheme...the team being not very good, and he maybe didn't dedicate himself completely.

Either way this situation is better on numerous levels for him, so I definitely think he will be the starter opposite Tre...so long as his athleticism is where it needs to be.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Having Diggs move into the #1 slot and pushing Brown to #2 will have a huge effect on the offense. 

And the RB room is better. 

All the pieces are in place........hopefully health stays on our side.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

Im feeling pretty good about CB2. I think between Wallace, Norman and EJ Gaines someone will lock down that job. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Nah.  Wallace can play.  He had a few bad games in the middle of the season, but outside of that he was pretty good, same as he was his rookie season.  I anticipate he will still be pretty good whenever they play.  He gets picked on because he plays opposite an All-Pro CB on the other side.   And for the most part he holds his own.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

CB2 is the biggest position of concern on the team (other than QB if Allen regresses) so if Norman can turn back the clock a bit, this defense will be even better this 

All 32 teams should be interested in Newton unless the price tag is huge.

• Like (+1) 1